Ae they saved?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Quote:
Mormons call Jesus "Lord" and believe God raised Him from the dead. Are they saved?

Why so many "saved" Christians are so concerned of others salvation?

We should be working on our own salvation instead of slandering or mocking others whom we don't agree with.

brewmama

I agree totally. This forum is often an embarrassing display of the worst that so-called "Christians" have to offer. I had often heard of hatred of Catholics and/or "others" by certain Christian groups, and I always thought it was untrue, or at least exaggerated, but it has been more than validated here.

Reactions: Lon

meshak

BANNED
Banned
It is so embarrassing that they believe they are working for God for doing such things.

They say Jesus is Lord yet they usurp His authority to judge others whether who are saved or not.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

We should be working on our own salvation instead of slandering or mocking others whom we don't agree with.

We don't have to work on our salvation. No amount of work you do will guarantee salvation.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Quote:
Mormons call Jesus "Lord" and believe God raised Him from the dead. Are they saved?
No.
1 Corinthians 1:21 KJV

You can't work on it as you cannot work for it (Romans 4:4-5 KJV, Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV). Get saved by trusting the Lord believing the why of the cross (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) and preach the word of reconciliation (2 Corinthians 5:19-21 KJV).

heir

TOL Subscriber
No, it says work out, just like I said it said. As in work out your salvation....

It's not work out like you would in a gym. What comes out of your mouth?

Acts 20:24 KJV, 2 Timothy 1:8-10 KJV, 2 Timothy 1:13 KJV

brewmama

It is so embarrassing that they believe they are working for God for doing such things.

They say Jesus is Lord yet they usurp His authority to judge others whether who are saved or not.

Yep. It's reminiscent of Muslims.

Dialogos

Probably because they genuinely care whether or not you, and others, are embracing a gospel that saves, or a false gospel that offers you no genuine reassurance of your salvation.

For example, if you believe in a Jesus who is not both God and Man then you are trusting in a false Jesus that cannot save you and you are headed to hell.

The kind thing to do would be to point that out. If you got on the wrong train headed in the wrong direction, would you be offended at someone who is trying to get you on the right train?

But you aren't working out your own salvation, you are working on a spot in hell.

I would have you repent and embrace the only Christ Who can save you, the Word, Who was in the beginning with God and Who Was (and still is) God.

The Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the Creator of all things.

The ultimate kindness is an open rebuke, hatred would be to say nothing while you continue to ride the wrong train in the wrong direction.

heir

TOL Subscriber
No, it says work out, just like I said it said. As in work out your salvation....

How, when salvation is by grace through faith; not of works and the gift of God (Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV)? Truth is, you don't have a clue as you reject the gift and want to work for your salvation (which you can't work for Romans 4:4 KJV).