NFL 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
What a defense Denver has.

Ok Manning, you have another ring. Now go away. :wave2:
:reals: They don't get to the game without Manning helping them get over the AFC Championship deficit. And he moved them enough to help put up a win. It wasn't the game of a lifetime, but then, other qbs have won SBs on the strength of a defense...or a kicker. :)

I think this is the Elway ending, part II. If so it couldn't happen to a better ambassador of the game.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Congratulations to the Denver Broncos and Peyton Manning.

What a storybook ending for Peyton.

As a Steeler's fan, I love watching a dominant defense carry the team.

Von Miller may have just given the greatest defensive performance of all-time in Super Bowl history.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Congratulations to Von Miller winning the MVP

The first two draft picks of 2011 were:

#1 Cam Newton

#2 Von Miller

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I think this is the Elway ending, part II. If so it couldn't happen to a better ambassador of the game.

And Kubiak was calling plays both times. I am very happing for Manning.

Something was mentioned before the game that I knew but didn't think about. Manning went to 4 Super Bowls with 4 different coaches. I will mention him along side Montana. I won't say he is better, just that he should be mentioned. And so should Marino.

That stat reminded me of Joe Gibbs and how he won 3 Super Bowls with 3 different QBs.

I think the pressure, and I don't mean Denver per se, got to Carolina. The got punched in the mouth early and were not expecting it. That is what got to them, even when they got by Denver. Like my in-laws tonight who were surprised when I said no way Carolina blows them away. They can win a low scoring game. But they didn't.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I also love the pregame and all the Super Bowl MVPs and how ever single one of them was cheered for except Tom Brady the cheater. See, winning is not why people booed him. It has nothing to do with it. They booed him for the same reason they boo Barry Bonds, Mark McGwire, and Sammy Sosa. The stadium was not full of 49er fans, it was full of people the NFL said could go to the game between the teams, the small lottery of ticket holders, and the other franchises. And they went nuts for Montana. And many others like the Steelers.

And thank God they know Brady gets an asterisk next to his name when people talk about him. Whether it exists in the books or not. The people know.

Status
Not open for further replies.