ECT Romans 15:4 KJV

john w

Hall of Fame
"And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil. And when the woman SAW(emphasis mine) that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she TOOK(emphasis mine) of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat". Genesis 3:4-6 KJV

" When I SAW(emphasis mine) among the spoils a goodly Babylonish garment, and two hundred shekels of silver, and a wedge of gold of fifty shekels weight, then I coveted them, and TOOK(emphasis mine) them; and, behold, they are hid in the earth in the midst of my tent, and the silver under it. " Joshua 7:21-22 KJV

"And it came to pass in an eveningtide, that David arose from off his bed, and walked upon the roof of the king's house: and from the roof he SAW(emphasis mine) saw a woman washing herself; and the woman was very beautiful to look upon. And David sent and enquired after the woman. And one said, Is not this Bathsheba, the daughter of Eliam, the wife of Uriah the Hittite? And David sent messengers, and TOOK(emphasis mine)took her; and she came in unto him, and he lay with her; for she was purified from her uncleanness: and she returned unto her house." 2 Samuel 11:2-4 KJV

And thus, the pattern: Saw-Took

"But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death." James 1:14-15 KJV

"For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world." 1 John 2:16 KJV

Notice however:

"And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died... And the LORD said unto Moses, Make thee a fiery serpent, and set it upon a pole: and it shall come to pass, that every one that is bitten, when he LOOKETH(emphasis mine) looketh upon it, shall live.And Moses made a serpent of brass, and put it upon a pole, and it came to pass, that if a serpent had bitten any man, when he BEHELD(emphasis mine)beheld the serpent of brass, he lived." Numbers 21:6-9 KJV

"LOOK(emphasis mine) unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else." Isaiah 45:22 KJV

"LOOKING(emphasis mine) unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God" Hebrews 12:2 KJV

As man became lost, "dead " by a look, so is man saved, "alive" by a look to "...the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ"Titus 2:13 KJV

Who wrote this book? Details.................

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
"And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil. And when the woman SAW(emphasis mine) that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she TOOK(emphasis mine) of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat". Genesis 3:4-6 KJV

" When I SAW(emphasis mine) among the spoils a goodly Babylonish garment, and two hundred shekels of silver, and a wedge of gold of fifty shekels weight, then I coveted them, and TOOK(emphasis mine) them; and, behold, they are hid in the earth in the midst of my tent, and the silver under it. " Joshua 7:21-22 KJV

"And it came to pass in an eveningtide, that David arose from off his bed, and walked upon the roof of the king's house: and from the roof he SAW(emphasis mine) saw a woman washing herself; and the woman was very beautiful to look upon. And David sent and enquired after the woman. And one said, Is not this Bathsheba, the daughter of Eliam, the wife of Uriah the Hittite? And David sent messengers, and TOOK(emphasis mine)took her; and she came in unto him, and he lay with her; for she was purified from her uncleanness: and she returned unto her house." 2 Samuel 11:2-4 KJV

And thus, the pattern: Saw-Took

"But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death." James 1:14-15 KJV

"For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world." 1 John 2:16 KJV

Notice however:

"And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died... And the LORD said unto Moses, Make thee a fiery serpent, and set it upon a pole: and it shall come to pass, that every one that is bitten, when he LOOKETH(emphasis mine) looketh upon it, shall live.And Moses made a serpent of brass, and put it upon a pole, and it came to pass, that if a serpent had bitten any man, when he BEHELD(emphasis mine)beheld the serpent of brass, he lived." Numbers 21:6-9 KJV

"LOOK(emphasis mine) unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else." Isaiah 45:22 KJV

"LOOKING(emphasis mine) unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God" Hebrews 12:2 KJV

As man became lost, "dead " by a look, so is man saved, "alive" by a look to "...the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ"Titus 2:13 KJV

Who wrote this book? Details.................

Good post - I can see you took your time with it :chuckle:

Interplanner

There wasn't anything mistaken about the teaching, but the connection to Rom 15:4 is puzzling. Does v4 have anything to do with v3?

Yes, believing is a form of looking; Jn 3:14, 15. Even if the word 'look' isn't there. There is nothing else you can do, but look and see what God has provided.

john w

Hall of Fame
Thanks, fellow members of the boc, for your gracious words, which I deserve, but my humility precludes me from commenting further.

To the one 2 Cor. 4:4 KJV/1 Cor. 2:14 KJV gainsayer-pay attention:

"written for our learning,..."

I know that's quite deep, but grow a brain, or something, IP, and pull up your bunny shirt.

Can you dig it? Good.

Eyes fixed on the things of the world, darkness and death. Eyes fixed on the Lord, light and life.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

Luke 11:34 The light of the body is the eye: therefore when thine eye is single, thy whole body also is full of light; but when thine eye is evil, thy body also is full of darkness.

Evil is born of bad thought, sin conceived in the mind, before it's executed by the hands. I fear many people don't realize that evil thoughts can be sin of themselves, have this notion one can be of a slimy heart and mind, but, if you have it under some threshold of practical control, can keep up appearances, that this is Godly, that you can have a hateful mind and pretend to love. The Scribes and Pharisees suffered such a disease, great at outward appearances, black and slimy little hearts.

There's also an epidemic in the purported Christian community that is oblivious to righteousness and love in the inner man being the end goal, people naming Christ who somehow think splitting hairs over doctrine, grand debates of opposing vanities, have any real virtue. I really don't believe the Lord cares one whit for any of it, don't believe that He's impressed.

1 Corinthians 13

1 If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.
2 And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.
3 If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Isaiah 1

11 What to me is the multitude of your sacrifices? says the LORD; I have had enough of burnt offerings of rams and the fat of well-fed beasts; I do not delight in the blood of bulls, or of lambs, or of goats.
12 When you come to appear before me, who has required of you this trampling of my courts?
13 Bring no more vain offerings; incense is an abomination to me. New moon and Sabbath and the calling of convocations--- I cannot endure iniquity and solemn assembly.
14 Your new moons and your appointed feasts my soul hates; they have become a burden to me; I am weary of bearing them.
15 When you spread out your hands, I will hide my eyes from you; even though you make many prayers, I will not listen; your hands are full of blood.
16 Wash yourselves; make yourselves clean; remove the evil of your deeds from before my eyes; cease to do evil,
17 learn to do good; seek justice, correct oppression; bring justice to the fatherless, plead the widow's cause.
18 Come now, let us reason together, says the LORD: though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall become like wool.

Ephesians 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

Matthew 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Every word, not only the parts you like or your philosophical predispositions can handle.