Salvation: all have sinned

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Sin is disobedience to God.

We are to love God and love our neighbor. These are things we can do. These are God's commands for us.

The reality is that all have sinned. Therefore, all are in need of saving. That is, the consequence of sin is death.

But then we learn from scripture that the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 3:23 NASB - 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

Romans 6:23 NASB - 23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Why? Why do people sin?
All have sinned. I don't know why people sin.

When people sin it shows that they are against God.

Obedience to God shows our love for God and our love for our fellow man.

All other actions are selfish, thinking of one's own self instead of what God wants for us and for us to do.

It is important to care for one's own self. But where sin comes in in regard to self is when we are greedy or have a me first mentality. God values each of us equally. We ought to treat others as we would like to be treated (well), whether we are treated well ourselves or not.

God has told us and shown us how we ought to live.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
all your sindh are belong to us

Spoiler
sindh.gif

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
It is because the carnal mind is enmity against God, for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. (Romans 8:7 (NKJV)
Adam and Eve sinned. But as the first humans they were then the first to have sinned. Since then others have sinned as well. In fact, all have sinned. Jesus is Himself the only exception to this.

The Law came to Israel from God through the prophet Moses. Jesus was born under the Law.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
If you have sinned, you can know that the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Many do not recognize that they have sinned, but Jesus is the only person who never has / never did.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If you have sinned, you are a sinner.
Yes we are sinners.

Do you believe you were born a sinner?/
Yes, I do. You would know this had you taken the time to actually read my post that was linked in my response in this thread. :AMR:

Adam and Eve were not created to sin. When they sinned they became sinners.
Yes, Adam (and Eve) was not created to sin. Adam was created mutable, able to sin or not to sin.

When Adam sinned, as our federal representative, all his progeny were plunged into sin. Accordingly, all those in Adam are sinners. All not "born again" (regenerated) can do nothing but sin more or sin less, they are not able to not sin.

AMR

Last edited:

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Yes we are sinners.

Yes, I do. You would know this had you taken the time to actually read my post that was linked in my response in this thread. :AMR:

Yes, Adam (and Eve) was not created to sin. Adam was created mutable, able to sin or not to sin.

When Adam sinned, as our federal representative, all his progeny were plunged into sin. Accordingly, all those in Adam are sinners. All not "born again" (regenerated) can do nothing but sin more or sin less, they are not able to not sin.

AMR
I had scanned it, and I just scanned it a bit more. Not everyone will read it, but thank you for sharing.

Not even you or I were created to sin.

But if you recognized that you have sinned, and all but Jesus have, then you recognize your need for Jesus to be your Lord and Savior.

The question of if you believe you were born in sin or born a sinner does have to do with sin having entered the world, but Romans 5:12 NASB shows your sin is your responsibility. It is you who will give account for your sin. You need a Savior, that your sins would be forgiven. Jesus is that Savior.

It is my understanding that you do have Jesus as Savior or claim Jesus to be your Savior. May you be strengthened in your faith, be it that this is the case.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Adam and Eve were not created to sin. When they sinned they became sinners.

Of course they were. Adam and Eve had natural bodies with a natural mind. The natural mind is not subject to God's instruction nor can it be. The mind was designed that way.

We are expected to overcome our natural mind and be converted to a spiritual mind.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Of course they were. Adam and Eve had natural bodies with a natural mind. The natural mind is not subject to God's instruction nor can it be. The mind was designed that way.

We are expected to overcome our natural mind and be converted to a spiritual mind.
Adam and Eve had never sinned. Then they did. That is what made them sinners.

No one except Jesus has lived their entire life without sin.

It is possible that you do not truly understand the gospel, or that you do not understand the gospel in truth.

No one on earth can say they have never sinned, as far as I understand, know, or can tell. I believe that is what we can deduce from verses like Romans 3:23 NASB.

John 9:41 NASB - 41 Jesus said to them, "If you were blind, you would have no sin; but since you say, 'We see,' your sin remains.

1 John 1:8 NASB - 8 If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us.

Are these verses about recognizing sin in oneself? Or are they about denying you have sinned or denying you have ever sinned?

We must take responsibility for the things we have done, and confess our sins to God.

The person who repents and has faith in God is saved because of what Jesus did in dying for the forgiveness of our sins and that we would be granted the free gift of eternal life. We see this in that Jesus rose from the dead never to die again.

We have the hope of eternal life and are assured that if we die we too will rise again, and among the righteous if you have faith and are thereby born again into the family of God.

Are these verses for the person who is born again?

1 John 1:8-10 NASB - 8 If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us.

1 John 2:1-6 NASB - 1 My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous; 2 and He Himself is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for those of the whole world. 3 By this we know that we have come to know Him, if we keep His commandments. 4 The one who says, "I have come to know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him; 5 but whoever keeps His word, in him the love of God has truly been perfected. By this we know that we are in Him: 6 the one who says he abides in Him ought himself to walk in the same manner as He walked.