Is this the future of parenting?

GFR7

And they say the Patriarchy caused problems.
This is far worse than anything it could have unleashed , IMO. :nono:

10406755_841233185934113_1997652598491264712_n.jpg

Is this the future of parenting? Thousands of men and women using internet matching site to find platonic partner to have a child with
The platonic couples share the child without a binding legal agreement

Websites offer home insemination kits, which mean both parties get rights

Children can live separately between each parent's home under the deals

Critics have said it is 'spectacularly selfish to time-share a child'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...latonic-partner-child-with.html#ixzz3O0D4DlPL

Tinark

So children will be basically pets? This has to be an Onion piece? :idunno:

I'm not really seeing what you mean "basically pets" - pets aren't typically shared between two homes.

Also, if the insemination is done artificially without sex (which would be outside marriage) - it doesn't appear your bible prohibits it either.

Children can grow up just fine in separate parent households. It isn't the most ideal situation, but two loving homes can often work out just fine. Far superior to the children who are unwanted or have divorced parents who hate each other.

shagster01

The platonic couples share the child without a binding legal agreement

I'm sure there are some binding legal agreements regarding custody. Everybody doesn't just get along all the time.

The Berean

I'm not really seeing what you mean "basically pets" - pets aren't typically shared between two homes.
Ok, maybe not pets, how about a sports car? My comment was more of commentary of how people who want children but not be married or at least live together. Single people who don't have any children are completely clueless as to how difficult, time consuming, and costly raising a child is. Deliberately living apart would make it even more difficult. But I suspect the OP may be satire.

Also, if the insemination is done artificially without sex (which would be outside marriage) - it doesn't appear your bible prohibits it either.
This isn't my concern. But if these people want to be practical and save a lot of money then having sex and getting pregnant the "old fashion way" is WAY faster, easier, and cheaper.

Children can grow up just fine in separate parent households. It isn't the most ideal situation, but two loving homes can often work out just fine. Far superior to the children who are unwanted or have divorced parents who hate each other.
This is true.

GFR7

I hope it's not. No, it's a true piece, and I think it's a horrendous idea, but one which has naturally arisen from divorce, surrogacy, sperm and egg donation, single parenthood, and same sex marriage.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I hope it's not. No, it's a true piece, and I think it's a horrendous idea, but one which has naturally arisen from divorce, surrogacy, sperm and egg donation, single parenthood, and same sex marriage.

just keep talking about it
and
it is just a matter of time before it will be considered normal

GFR7

just keep talking about it
and
it is just a matter of time before it will be considered normal
Talking about it is not what makes it so: It is the severing of procreation from sex (begun with birth control, cohabitation, free love, no fault divorce, and third party reproduction). It is the last result from this divorce of sex and procreation: Certainly talking about it is not the problem.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Talking about it is not what makes it so: It is the severing of procreation from sex (begun with birth control, cohabitation, free love, no fault divorce, and third party reproduction). It is the last result from this divorce of sex and procreation: Certainly talking about it is not the problem.

your participation in the acw thread gives it credibility it does not deserve
and
at the same time reduces your credibility

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This isn't my concern. But if these people want to be practical and save a lot of money then having sex and getting pregnant the "old fashion way" is WAY faster, easier, and cheaper.

Not if the only desire is to have the child in his/her life without an unwanted complication of co-parenting.

The Berean

Not if the only desire is to have the child in his/her life without an unwanted complication of co-parenting.

I don't follow Rusha. Artificial insemination is costly and doesn't always work. A man can impregnate the "mother" the old fashion way for free and it would take as little as 30 minutes probably if they are young, healthy, and if the woman is ovulating. A young couple I know got married in early November and she got pregnant in less than a month.

GFR7

I don't follow Rusha. Artificial insemination is costly and doesn't always work. A man can impregnate the "mother" the old fashion way for free and it would take as little as 30 minutes probably if they are young, healthy, and if the woman is ovulating. A young couple I know got married in early November and she got pregnant in less than a month.
It can take as little as 2 or 3 minutes.

mighty_duck

Single people who don't have any children are completely clueless as to how difficult, time consuming, and costly raising a child is.
They are in the exact same boat as married people who don't have any children...

So aside from the non-traditionality of it (and the fact that it is mostly fiction) , what are the concrete objections?