Jesus died for the forgiveness of all your sins

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Yes, a person can only live a new life if they are alive. That's very astute.
To be born again, according to the Biblical terminology, is a second birth. It is a birth by the Spirit of God. It is to be born of the Spirit of God. The first birth is a person's physical birth, when they were born of their (father and) mother. In this way Paul did not have two (physical) lives. Maybe what you said was that he did or maybe that is only how a person such as myself might read what was in your post. For myself I can say I was uncertain about what you meant.

beloved57

We have all sinned. God's forgiveness is found in Jesus Christ who died for you.

Romans 3:23 NASB

Romans 6:23 NASB

The free gift of God is eternal life. Repent and believe the gospel to be saved.

Forgiveness is found in no one else. Read the Bible, ask a friend, or ask a question here. Please comment with scripture or not in how you agree. If you do not understand the gospel you can ask about it.
Sounds like works salvation to me !

beloved57

I don't know that you did. You disagreed with my post which contained reference to these scriptures.
It was not the scripture I disagree with, your comments apart from the scriptures sounds like works salvation to me. Your comments and scripture are two different things.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
It was not the scripture I disagree with, your comments apart from the scriptures sounds like works salvation to me. Your comments and scripture are two different things.
I can see that you would separate the two. But Romans 6:23 and my comment that eternal life is a free gift are not in disagreement with each other. And, this does not say anything of works salvation, though you implied something in the post does.

beloved57

I can see that you would separate the two. But Romans 6:23 and my comment that eternal life is a free gift are not in disagreement with each other. And, this does not say anything of works salvation, though you implied something in the post does.
Your comments and scripture are not the same!

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
What I believe is in my threads. I believe that the scriptures you quoted and your comments are two different things.
If a person presents scripture and comments he presents two different things. Hopefully his comments agree with the scriptures. I have shown you how my comment agreed with the scripture, and how you disagreed with my comments. We have looked at one statement which I am here calling a comment to keep with your separation of my comments and scripture within my post.

beloved57

If a person presents scripture and comments he presents two different things. Hopefully his comments agree with the scriptures. I have shown you how my comment agreed with the scripture, and how you disagreed with my comments. We have looked at one statement which I am here calling a comment to keep with your separation of my comments and scripture within my post.
I don't believe that your comments and scripture agree, to me they are separate.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I don't believe that your comments and scripture agree, to me they are separate.
I see that this is your opinion. You have established it as your opinion. I cannot argue that scripture and comments are the same. I do believe you contradicted my post by saying I am promoting works salvation, when the content of my post is about the free gift of eternal life. If eternal life is a free gift, and the scriptures say it is, how is it that you say my post promotes works salvation in any way? Salvation is not of works. Ephesians 2:8-9 NASB.

beloved57

I see that this is your opinion. You have established it as your opinion. I cannot argue that scripture and comments are the same. I do believe you contradicted my post by saying I am promoting works salvation, when the content of my post is about the free gift of eternal life. If eternal life is a free gift, and the scriptures say it is, how is it that you say my post promotes works salvation in any way? Salvation is not of works. Ephesians 2:8-9 NASB.
Yes what you posted sounds like works salvation to me.