ECT Shazam, TOL! The Lord Jesus Christ already returned in 70 AD

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
B is the worldwide judgement of God

I disagree.

If it's worldwide, then why are only those in Judah told to flee to the hills?

(Matt 24:16) then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains.
and Peter says it is delayed.

It was delayed for 40 years, not 2,000+ years.

It was delayed 40 years because 40 years is one generation. The Exodus Generation was also delayed 40 years before entering the Promised Land.

"This generation" has to do with ultimatums for Israel.

"This Generation" was the generation of Christ Jesus' contemporaries.

(Luke 17:25) But first must he suffer many things, and be rejected of this generation.

whitestone

I agree,It is not a bad thing,,,It is "a head receiving it's deadly wound,and being cast into the pit",,,lol, it causes great division to look at it real close,,,lol

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
it causes great division to look at it real close,,,lol

It doesn't cause any division for those of us who understand it.

Matt 24:34 is a very plain and simple verse. However, it causes GIGANTIC problems for everyone who isn't a Preterist because, to date, no one who isn't a Preterist can give a valid explanation for it.

Danoh

Matt 24:34 is a very plain and simple verse. However, it causes GIGANTIC problems for everyone who isn't a Preterist because, to date, no one who isn't a Preterist can give a valid explanation for it.

Yiu nailed it - anyone who does not see that from within your school of thought.

That right there is your problem. You need to have others see it as you do.

You need to drop that aspect. Each person is where they are in their understanding and much is behind each understanding. It not just one passage the sense of a thing hangs on.

whitestone

lol, Yet If I press you you do not know what the mark is,nor when the head was wounded unto death,nor how Caesar can be the beast yet the Jews in the siege both refused to obey Cesar and use his money. When your preterits mind answers these then you will have the valid explanation. Look at Luke 19:38 KJV real close,compare it to psalms 118, find the difference,,,

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yiu nailed it - anyone who does not see that from within your school of thought.

That right there is your problem. You need to have others see it as you do.

You know as well as I do, that this verse is a giant headache to everyone who isn't a Preterist.

It's why I can show you five different explanations for the verse just from five MADists here on TOL.

You won't find five different explanations for the verse from Preterists.

You need to drop that aspect. Each person is where they are in their understanding and much is behind each understanding. It not just one passage the sense of a thing hangs on.

It's not just one passage.

When I couple it with "these last days", "end of the ages", "the time is near", "the last hour", "culmination of the ages", "I am coming soon", etc. it makes perfect sense.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
When I couple it with "these last days", "end of the ages", "the time is near", "the last hour", "culmination of the ages", "I am coming soon", etc. it makes perfect sense.

For good measure:

"Who warned you to flee from the wrath about to come?” (Lk. 3:7)

“The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet.” (Rom. 16:20)

“…things which are a shadow of what is about to come.” (Col. 2:16-17)

“He did not subject to angels the world about to come.” (Heb. 2:5)

“…and have tasted …the powers of the age about to come.” (Heb. 6:5)

“For yet in a very little while, He who is coming will come, and will not delay.” (Heb. 10:37)

“You too be patient; strengthen your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is at hand.” (Jms. 5:8)

“…salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.” (I Peter 1:6)

“He …has appeared in these last times for the sake of you.” (I Peter 1:20)

“The end of all things is at hand; therefore, be of sound judgment and sober spirit for the purpose of prayer.” (I Peter 4:7)

“…as your fellow elder and witness of the sufferings of Christ, and a partaker also of the glory that is about to be revealed.” (I Peter 5:1)

“It is the last hour.” (I Jn. 2:18)

“Even now many antichrists have arisen; from this we know that it is the last hour.” (I Jn. 2:18;)

“…to show to His bond-servants, the things which must shortly take place.” (Rev. 1:1)

“The time is near.” (Rev. 1:3)

“I also will keep you from the hour of testing which is about to come upon the whole world.” (Rev. 3:10)

“I am coming quickly.” (Rev. 3:11)

"Behold, I am coming quickly. " (Rev. 22:7)

"Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is near." (Rev. 22:10; Compare Dan. 8:26)

"Behold, I am coming quickly.” (Rev. 22:12)

"Yes, I am coming quickly." (Rev. 22:20)

Danoh

You know as well as I do, that this verse is a giant headache to everyone who isn't a Preterist.

It's why I can show you five different explanations for the verse just from five MADists here on TOL.

You won't find five different explanations for the verse from Preterists.

It's not just one passage.

Well, that can be the case, if allowed to be, part of the problem. Neither I nor you began this journey yesterday. We each have years at it. There are bound to be differences.

Decades ago, it was divisiveness and demanding over differences in understanding that tore Mid-Acts apart into different splinter camps that have never healed to this very day.

This while preaching "grace."

You want that, as a Preterist. Have at it. Knock yourself out.

Plenty of people in all isms ready to sign up for that kind of a thing.

The best to you in that mess.

And tomorrow I'll fall.

Catch me when I do.

We'll both be better off for it.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Decades ago, it was divisiveness and demanding over differences in understanding that tore Mid-Acts apart into different splinter camps that have never healed to this very day.

It's always been that way.

(2 Tim 1:15) You know that everyone in the province of Asia has deserted me, including Phygelus and Hermogenes.

And it always will be.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why are you so obsessed with Tet? ...

Acts 20

29 For I know this, that after my departure savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock. 30 Also from among yourselves men will rise up, speaking perverse things, to draw away the disciples after themselves. 31 Therefore watch, and remember that for three years I did not cease to warn everyone night and day with tears.

Take a seat.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
For good measure:

"Who warned you to flee from the wrath about to come?” (Lk. 3:7)

“The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet.” (Rom. 16:20)

“…things which are a shadow of what is about to come.” (Col. 2:16-17)

“He did not subject to angels the world about to come.” (Heb. 2:5)

“…and have tasted …the powers of the age about to come.” (Heb. 6:5)

“For yet in a very little while, He who is coming will come, and will not delay.” (Heb. 10:37)

You too be patient; strengthen your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is at hand.” (Jms. 5:8)

“…salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.” (I Peter 1:6)

“He …has appeared in these last times for the sake of you.” (I Peter 1:20)

The end of all things is at hand; therefore, be of sound judgment and sober spirit for the purpose of prayer.” (I Peter 4:7)

“…as your fellow elder and witness of the sufferings of Christ, and a partaker also of the glory that is about to be revealed.” (I Peter 5:1)

“Even now many antichrists have arisen; from this we know that it is the last hour.” (I Jn. 2:18;)

“…to show to His bond-servants, the things which must shortly take place.” (Rev. 1:1)

“The time is near.” (Rev. 1:3)

“I also will keep you from the hour of testing which is about to come upon the whole world.” (Rev. 3:10)

“I am coming quickly.” (Rev. 3:11)

"Behold, I am coming quickly. " (Rev. 22:7)

"Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is near." (Rev. 22:10; Compare Dan. 8:26)

"Behold, I am coming quickly.” (Rev. 22:12)

"Yes, I am coming quickly." (Rev. 22:20)

Quickly to God could be thousands of years for us, the age to come. So where was the end of all things ? I'm still here.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Acts 20

29 For I know this, that after my departure savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock. 30 Also from among yourselves men will rise up, speaking perverse things, to draw away the disciples after themselves. 31 Therefore watch, and remember that for three years I did not cease to warn everyone night and day with tears.

Back to Mid-Acts-Dispensationalism 101 for you.

MAD teaches that believers aren't part of a flock, and that Christ Jesus is not their shepherd.

MAD teaches that MADists are part of the shepherd.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quickly to God could be thousands of years for us, the age to come.

"these last days" does not describe thousands of years.

(Heb 1:2) but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe.

whitestone

The day of the lord is as a thousand years,and a thousand years as one day. Your trying to take the thing you see and make it all fit into a certain amount of time. If "it is time for judgment to (Begin) at the house of God..." 1 Peter 4:17 KJV ,,,the (End) may take quite some time to unfold considering that to the Lord "a day is as a thousand years, and...",,,squeezing it all into it's beginning point will only confuse the places in time compared to their events in the end.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Back to Mid-Acts-Dispensationalism 101 for you.

MAD teaches that believers aren't part of a flock, and that Christ Jesus is not their shepherd.

MAD teaches that MADists are part of the shepherd.

Regardless of what you incorrectly think MAD teaches, what matters is what we believe and teach here. Some forms of dispensationals that are wrong and it seems you are focusing on that. No MAD teaches what you claim.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The day of the lord is as a thousand years,and a thousand years as one day.

Desperation.

(Gal 1:18) Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and abode with him fifteen days.

Using your logic, Paul still hasn't gone up to Jerusalem because it's really 3,000 years.

Daniel was told to seal his scroll until the end. John was told not to seal his scroll because the time was near.

whitestone

Desperation.

(Gal 1:18) Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and abode with him fifteen days.

Using your logic, Paul still hasn't gone up to Jerusalem because it's really 3,000 years.

Daniel was told to seal his scroll until the end. John was told not to seal his scroll because the time was near.

lol,indeed lets spiritualize it all. Lets start at the beginning in Genesis 2:4 KJV and determine if "this generation shall not pass..." are one of the "generations of the heavens and of the earth" or not ,,,lol

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
lol,indeed lets spiritualize it all.

I'm doing the exact opposite of spiritualizing.

I'm the one saying "near", "soon", "the last hour", "these last days", "culmination of the ages", etc mean exactly what they say.

It is you who is spiritualizing, and claiming they do not.