ECT ICON OF THE VIRGIN MARY FROM THE EARLY CHURCH PERIOD

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
It's to bad that when the Protestants dumped the pagan Catholic religion they did not make a clean swipe of it instead of keeping the pagan (Mithra) traditions of sun worship which the Catholics had adopted as their religions foundation.
Wait, how can protestants dump catholicism yet retain the new testament which was not in existence until sanctified by the catholic hierarchy?

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Wait, how can protestants dump catholicism yet retain the new testament which was not in existence until sanctified by the catholic hierarchy?
Shh! :) You're not s'pposed to ask that! You're also not s'pposed to point out that the first New Testament book was written no less than 17 years after the Church was born! How was the earliest Church a "New Testament Church" 17 years before a single New Testament book was written? :confused:

:)

Old man

Try again. In any case, this has nothing to do with your decidedly non-Christian status, which was the topic of discussion.

A "Christian" follows the manner (tradition) of "Christ" (Lk.4:16 and 31) Who is Lord of the Sabbath, also the manner (tradition) of the Apostle Paul (Acts 17:2)

Not the man made (non-Scriptural) suns-day tradition of the non-Christian Mithra catholic religion.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The cave drawing in the opening post shows nothing, unlike the bone box of Peter found at the mount of Olives. He said put exactly as he was told.

Cruciform

The cave drawing in the opening post shows nothing...
It has been examined by scholars who know infinitely more than you do about ancient iconography. I'll defer to their professional expertise, rather than your wholly uninformed opinions.

HisServant

It has been examined by scholars who know infinitely more than you do about ancient iconography. I'll defer to their professional expertise, rather than your wholly uninformed opinions.

An expert is nothing more than a normalspert with an attitude.

Nothing to see here, move along.

HisServant

Thanks for nicely proving my point. :darwinsm:

What point? Some people have had a lot more training and exterience in certain areas than you even admit? And those people have seen the self interest of a lost of professions come before tge pursuit of the truth?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
here is what Jesus says about His mother:

Matthew 12:47-49King James Version (KJV)

47 Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee.

48 But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren?

49 And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!

***Jesus did not make a big deal out of His mother. Why do you?

OCTOBER23

Poor Cruciform,

WHY CAN'T THESE CATHOLICS SEE THROUGH THE SCRIPTURES

HOW DECEIVED AND BLINDED THEY ARE TO THE PLAIN TRUTH

OF THE BIBLE.:think:

Cruciform

I know, it's silly
What's "silly" is O23's presumption that his preferred recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect---out of the myriad such sects in existence today---actually possesses "THE truth" concerning the authentic meaning of Scripture.