The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

Right Divider

Body part
Jesus is the Spirit that is what the Bible says.

2 Corinthians 3:18
And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.
So you reject that there is the Father AND the Son AND the Holy Spirit per Matthew 28:19?

Some Bible believer you are.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jesus is God and he died on the cross. Jesus is the Spirit. Spirits do not die.

From gotquestions.org

Did God die when Jesus died on the cross? The answer depends on how we understand the meaning of the word die. To die does not mean to go out of existence. Death is separation. Physical death is when the soul-spirit separates from the physical body. So, in that sense, yes, God died, because Jesus was God in human form, and Jesus’ soul-spirit separated from His body (John 19:30). However, if by “death” we mean “a cessation of existence,” then, no, God did not die. For God to “die” in that sense would mean that He ceased to exist, and neither the Father nor the Son nor the Holy Spirit will ever cease to exist. The Son, the second Person of the Trinity, left the body He temporarily inhabited on Earth, but His divine nature did not die, nor could it.

Jesus is truly God and truly man. His physical body did die; His heart stopped beating, and “he gave up his spirit” (Matthew 27:50). Just as our physical bodies will someday die, so did His. But as Jesus died physically, He remained alive spiritually. Jesus made good on His promise to the believing thief on the cross—He and the thief both went to paradise, not physically, but in spirit (Luke 23:43).

So, Jesus died physically on the cross, as was plain for all to see (John 19:34). But there is also the matter of spiritual death. When Jesus was hanging on the cross, He experienced death on our behalf. Even though He is God, He still had to suffer the agony of a temporary separation from the Father due to the sin He bore. After three hours of supernatural darkness, Jesus cried, “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?” (Mark 15:34). So, could it be said that Jesus also “died” spiritually? Again, it was only His human nature that was separated from God, not His divine nature. God did not “die.”

The question for all people to ask is “what will happen to my soul/spirit when it leaves my physical body?” This is the most crucial question in life. As we saw with Jesus, our spirits will leave our bodies and travel on to somewhere else. We will either follow Him to heaven to spend eternity with Him, or we will go to hell to spend eternity in “outer darkness” where there will be “weeping and gnashing of teeth” (Matthew 8:12). There is no other option. Jesus’ death on the cross paid the way for all who would ever believe in Him so that we can know for sure where our spirits will reside for eternity. His death provided us spiritual life, both here and in heaven. “And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit, who lives in you” (Romans 8:11).

God's Truth

From gotquestions.org

Did God die when Jesus died on the cross? The answer depends on how we understand the meaning of the word die. To die does not mean to go out of existence. Death is separation. Physical death is when the soul-spirit separates from the physical body. So, in that sense, yes, God died, because Jesus was God in human form, and Jesus’ soul-spirit separated from His body (John 19:30). However, if by “death” we mean “a cessation of existence,” then, no, God did not die. For God to “die” in that sense would mean that He ceased to exist, and neither the Father nor the Son nor the Holy Spirit will ever cease to exist. The Son, the second Person of the Trinity, left the body He temporarily inhabited on Earth, but His divine nature did not die, nor could it.

Jesus is truly God and truly man. His physical body did die; His heart stopped beating, and “he gave up his spirit” (Matthew 27:50). Just as our physical bodies will someday die, so did His. But as Jesus died physically, He remained alive spiritually. Jesus made good on His promise to the believing thief on the cross—He and the thief both went to paradise, not physically, but in spirit (Luke 23:43).

So, Jesus died physically on the cross, as was plain for all to see (John 19:34). But there is also the matter of spiritual death. When Jesus was hanging on the cross, He experienced death on our behalf. Even though He is God, He still had to suffer the agony of a temporary separation from the Father due to the sin He bore. After three hours of supernatural darkness, Jesus cried, “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?” (Mark 15:34). So, could it be said that Jesus also “died” spiritually? Again, it was only His human nature that was separated from God, not His divine nature. God did not “die.”

The question for all people to ask is “what will happen to my soul/spirit when it leaves my physical body?” This is the most crucial question in life. As we saw with Jesus, our spirits will leave our bodies and travel on to somewhere else. We will either follow Him to heaven to spend eternity with Him, or we will go to hell to spend eternity in “outer darkness” where there will be “weeping and gnashing of teeth” (Matthew 8:12). There is no other option. Jesus’ death on the cross paid the way for all who would ever believe in Him so that we can know for sure where our spirits will reside for eternity. His death provided us spiritual life, both here and in heaven. “And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit, who lives in you” (Romans 8:11).

Do you really want me to debate Gotquestions?

I will be back later to read all that and respond.

I have to go for now.

God's Truth

If God is "Merely" UNE... MODAL... Then this is my sincere question to you. How did creation survive the DEATH of that which sustains it?

What does UNE MODAL mean?

There are three. I already told you am not not a modalist.

You have shown before that you misunderstand and say the worst things to me in the past.

Why not go study more and believe me when I say I am not a modalist.

God's Truth

No, one does NOT mean "the same". That is a FALSE definition that you need to support your heretical view.

The BIBLE says the Father AND the Son AND the Holy Spirit.

You argue against the scripture, not me.

They ALL have the same name (i.e. authority).

There are three and three are one and the same.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
What does UNE MODAL mean?

There are three. I already told you am not not a modalist.

You have shown before that you misunderstand and say the worst things to me in the past.

Why not go study more and believe me when I say I am not a modalist.

Modal means that God has no ability to act in 3 fashions. The classic definition of Modalism is sketchy. Per Col. 1:15... and John 10:30 ... We see a "picture" so to speak of two of the three that make up the (Une-Modal-One- Rv. 4:2 and Dt. 6:4) Classical Modalism verbiage that is utilized to point out "heresy" is a deceptive lie.

Two facets of it need to be abolished. In the book of Acts... the the Apostles baptize in the name of Jesus. This is in full knowledge that Jesus is the one who said to baptize in the Name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

The issue here is that we even have (Rm. 8:9 and Php. 1:19) which tell us that the Holy Spirit is the very Christ Jesus.

We also have (Php. 2:8f, 10) which tells us that Jesus is the Name Above EVERY NAME! My point? Current classical doctrine calls it Heresy to call All 3 Jesus! This is a bold faced lie! Otherwise... the Apostles would not have done so.

So... Father, Son and Holy Spirit all respond to "Jesus"!

The other aspect of the Modalism Anti Doctrine is that it is a lie to say that the Father has the Stigmata.

This is utter insolence and ignorance! The Father is the very (Invisible) omnipresence of The GodHead, while the Son is the Physical Presence of the GodHead. (Col. 1:15). Now... The Holy Spirit is clearly within Father and Son as the very SOUL or BEING of God... This is what dwells in us and seals us per Eph. 1:13 and He can be called (Romans 8:9).

So... again... I have touched on the error of the Modalism Anti-Doctrine.

MODAL MEANS ONE AND SO DOES UNE.

Where Modalism becomes false is to suggest that we are "In the Father" as He would then be "Our" HEAD. This is genuine Heresy... Only God Has The Father as His Head. Jesus is indeed the very FACE of God!

We say that we are "In the Son"... and this allows the HOLY SPIRIT of Jesus to dwell within us.

So... to recap...

The Father is the utter Omnipresence of God! He is Invisible! The Son is the very FACE or PRESENCE of God that physically relates in Spiritual and at one time "Earthly Flesh" and now in a union of Earthly (All Creation) and Heaven... as Christ was Spiritualized upon Ressuection as we will be one day per 1 Co. 15... of unity with Humanity and God... though that flesh is still HIS BODY, yet it is Spiritual as the first fruits of the Ressurection... The Body Of God has the Stigmata!" with ALL Creation! Seen and Unseen! The Son is the literal BODY of GOD!

By BELIEVING in the Son and His Death, Burial and Ressurection... and Knowing HE was, Is and Always will be the Literal FACE of God... we ar counted as DEAD in our flesh. This affords the Holy Spirit to Dwell within us.

By this... We are cloaked in Christ (Invisibly and figuratively, yet Spiritually Literally to God)!

Boom... we are grasped by God! He surrounds us and dwells within us while sustaining us in every breath we take.

I prefer the Label... TriUnitarian... because it preserves the UNE aspect of JESUS, but the shortened Trinity variation implies the UNE, yet simply enunciates the TRI.

If... If... you understand this...

You are a full blown TriUnitarian... which is actually synonymous with Trinitatians.

In other words... GT... YOU believe God is TRI(3)Une(1 or Model)

All Christian Love, Blessings and Grace in Christ Jesus... to the Glory of the Father that dwells within us!

That is a classic TriUnitarian or Trinitarian greeting or goodbye and it means this...

We believe In Jesus's Infinite Love and immeasurably permanent Forgiveness (Ps. 103:12) and Goodness that He displayed by "Thanatos" (Dying) for us, thus we are Glorying the very FACE of the FATHER and indwelled by Jesus Christ... because of this Glorious Mystery that escapes so many!

-EE
[MENTION=14521]God's Truth[/MENTION] ... you wouldn't be the first to gloss over what I have written, but I would hope you would understand that I wrote it with your words in mind to make the matter easier for you to express.

You say Father, Son and Holy Spirit... But you keep unifying them. The Soul is not the Spirit is not the Body!

Anyhow... Blessings

Last edited:

God's Truth

Modal means that God has no ability to act in 3 fashions. The classic definition of Modalism is sketchy. Per Col. 1:15... and John 10:30 ... We see a "picture" so to speak of two of the three that make up the (Une-Modal-One- Rv. 4:2 and Dt. 6:4) Classical Modalism verbiage that is utilized to point out "heresy" is a deceptive lie.

Two facets of it need to be abolished. In the book of Acts... the the Apostles baptize in the name of Jesus. This is in full knowledge that Jesus is the one who said to baptize in the Name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

The issue here is that we even have (Rm. 8:9 and Php. 1:19) which tell us that the Holy Spirit is the very Christ Jesus.

We also have (Php. 2:8f, 10) which tells us that Jesus is the Name Above EVERY NAME! My point? Current classical doctrine calls it Heresy to call All 3 Jesus! This is a bold faced lie! Otherwise... the Apostles would not have done so.

So... Father, Son and Holy Spirit all respond to "Jesus"!

The other aspect of the Modalism Anti Doctrine is that it is a lie to say that the Father has the Stigmata.

This is utter insolence and ignorance! The Father is the very (Invisible) omnipresence of The GodHead, while the Son is the Physical Presence of the GodHead. (Col. 1:15). Now... The Holy Spirit is clearly within Father and Son as the very SOUL or BEING of God... This is what dwells in us and seals us per Eph. 1:13 and He can be called (Romans 8:9).

So... again... I have touched on the error of the Modalism Anti-Doctrine.

MODAL MEANS ONE AND SO DOES UNE.

Where Modalism becomes false is to suggest that we are "In the Father" as He would then be "Our" HEAD. This is genuine Heresy... Only God Has The Father as His Head. Jesus is indeed the very FACE of God!

We say that we are "In the Son"... and this allows the HOLY SPIRIT of Jesus to dwell within us.

So... to recap...

The Father is the utter Omnipresence of God! He is Invisible! The Son is the very FACE or PRESENCE of God that physically relates in Spiritual and at one time "Earthly Flesh" and now in a union of Earthly (All Creation) and Heaven... as Christ was Spiritualized upon Ressuection as we will be one day per 1 Co. 15... of unity with Humanity and God... though that flesh is still HIS BODY, yet it is Spiritual as the first fruits of the Ressurection... The Body Of God has the Stigmata!" with ALL Creation! Seen and Unseen! The Son is the literal BODY of GOD!

By BELIEVING in the Son and His Death, Burial and Ressurection... and Knowing HE was, Is and Always will be the Literal FACE of God... we ar counted as DEAD in our flesh. This affords the Holy Spirit to Dwell within us.

By this... We are cloaked in Christ (Invisibly and figuratively, yet Spiritually Literally to God)!

Boom... we are grasped by God! He surrounds us and dwells within us while sustaining us in every breath we take.

I prefer the Label... TriUnitarian... because it preserves the UNE aspect of JESUS, but the shortened Trinity variation implies the UNE, yet simply enunciates the TRI.

If... If... you understand this...

You are a full blown TriUnitarian... which is actually synonymous with Trinitatians.

In other words... GT... YOU believe God is TRI(3)Une(1 or Model)

All Christian Love, Blessings and Grace in Christ Jesus... to the Glory of the Father that dwells within us!

That is a classic TriUnitarian or TriUnitarian greeting and it means this...

We believe In Jesus's Infinite Love and immeasurable Forgivness and Goodness that He displayed by "Thanatos"(Dying) for us, thus we are Glorying the very FACE of the FATHER and indwelled by Jesus Christ... because of this Glorious Mystery that escapes so many!

-EE

I have to go so I can't read all that right now. Remind me if I do not get to it. Looks like you put a lot into it and I want to address it and help you.

God's Truth

Just keep repeating your false mantra.

Deuteronomy 4:35
You were shown these things so that you might know that the LORD is God; besides him there is no other.

Deuteronomy 4:39
Acknowledge and take to heart this day that the LORD is God in heaven above and on the earth below. There is no other.

Deuteronomy 6:4
Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one.

Isaiah 46:9
Remember the former things, those of long ago; I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me.

Malachi 2:10
Do we not all have one Father? Did not one God create us? Why do we profane the covenant of our ancestors by being unfaithful to one another?

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
You are the one who is close, but don't got it.

I'll drop a mention of you in my post to show you a mention that connects to my post towards you. I am about as close as you can get to shifting between the expression of the simultaneously Tri and Une God. There is no possible revision of what I have expressed.

Anyhow... All Blessings!

EE

God's Truth

I'll drop a mention of you in my post to show you a mention that connects to my post towards you. I am about as close as you can get to shifting between the expression of the simultaneously Tri and Une God. There is no possible revision of what I have expressed.

Anyhow... All Blessings!

EE

I have no idea what you are talking about.

Talk about the scriptures and God's Truth.