Nineveh's PotD 3-23-05

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Originally posted by emohaslove

Matthew 5:17-20

• "Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. 18 For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. 19 Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.

Members of Israel had to keep the law. Christ is clearly teaching the Law which continues on from here through Matt. 7. Righteousness came through observance of the Mosaic Law, not from the death & resurrection of Jesus alone.

Acts 26:14-18

• 'Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me? It is hard for you to kick against the goads.' 15 So I said, 'Who are You, Lord?' And He said, 'I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting. 16 But rise and stand on your feet; for I have appeared to you for this purpose, to make you a minister and a witness both of the things which you have seen and of the things which I will yet reveal to you. 17 I will deliver you from the Jewish people, as well as from the Gentiles, to whom I now send you, 18 to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.'

Paul was exclusively given the Gospel by Jesus which shows that the Body of Christ members will be sanctified by faith in Christ only.

No works salvation required, just salvation by grace.

Gal. 2:6-9

• But from those who seemed to be something--whatever they were, it makes no difference to me; God shows personal favoritism to no man--for those who seemed to be something added nothing to me. 7 But on the contrary, when they saw that the gospel for the uncircumcised had been committed to me, as the gospel for the circumcised was to Peter 8 (for He who worked effectively in Peter for the apostleship to the circumcised also worked effectively in me toward the Gentiles), 9 and when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that had been given to me, they gave me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship, that we should go to the Gentiles and they to the circumcised.

The distinction here is made between Paul & Peter clearly showing the 2 different Dispensations.

The Gospel of the Kingdom pertains to Israel.
Jesus' earthly kingdom is solely with Israel & He will return someday & rule with an iron fist according to the law.

The Gospel preached by Paul is a heavenly gospel which establishes the Church & The Body of Christ. His message was Grace.

No other apostle ever mentioned the Body of Christ.

cite

Awsome!

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
elected4ever said:
Dumb post
If Emo would ever become a subscriber maybe he'd tell us whether he takes this as an insult or a compliment. :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.