Nicer than God!

beanieboy

Originally posted by Duder

Beanieboy -

I have no idea what your sexual orientation is - but in responce to attacks and accusations against alleged homosexuals . . . well, I feel like drawing such ridiculous attacks on myself - not out any martyr wish, but out of sympathy for the attacked. So, I believe that the gay community will not mind too much if I declare myself an honorary homosexual.

As an honorary homosexual, I will stand with my brothers when the Sozos and the Jeffersons and the Cletes attack them. Heck, I might even take my wife and kids and go down to the next Gay Pride parade. And I will offer prayers on behalf of the homophobes, who don't know what they are doing.

I call upon all good Christian and non-Christian men to join me in becoming honorary homosexuals. For "inasmuch as you do it unto them, you do it unto me."

Now that is love.
You stand by those who misuse the bible to justify hate.
You do not hate the persecuters, but pray for a change of heart.

Well done.

Mateo

Ok Clete,

I think I'm beginning to see what the dillema is here. You see yourself as being outside the law by right of your doctrinal beliefs and yet you see someone who commits a sexually immoral act as being under the law by right of that act regardless of thier beliefs. This is a real head-scratcher to me.

For some reason you are making a distintion between sexual immorality and any other actionable sin for reasons I can't fathom but the bottom line is this what you have said in this threads has been discussed by Jesus.

Luke 18:10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Originally posted by Mateo

Ok Clete,

I think I'm beginning to see what the dillema is here. You see yourself as being outside the law by right of your doctrinal beliefs and yet you see someone who commits a sexually immoral act as being under the law by right of that act regardless of thier beliefs. This is a real head-scratcher to me.

For some reason you are making a distintion between sexual immorality and any other actionable sin for reasons I can't fathom but the bottom line is this what you have said in this threads has been discussed by Jesus.

Luke 18:10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

I can't beleive that you are this knuckle headed!
Do you think that it should be legal to steal?

beanieboy

Last night, I thought a lot about this.
Bus strike, long walk.
And I thought about the awful poisin pen that Enyart has, his ability to convince others to be as vile as he is, and then turns loose a legion of demons. You can see Clete quoting Enyart right and left, from his Hate the Sinner writing, his misuse of "abhor what is evil" pointed about by another poster, etc.

And this is what God/The Universe said:
Cast your seeds on the ground.
Sometimes, they fall on hard ground.
It is your responsibility to cast the seeds, not make the seeds grow.

And I think that is where we are.
I think you have a very hard heart, Clete.
Numerous posters are trying to show you the error of your ways, christians and non christians alike.
I mean, Freak and I even agree on something.
And you are responding in lies.
Freak does not support homosexuality.
But his plan is to reach out. His plan is to offer change, to offer saving grace and mercy.
I respect that.

But I think you have no desire to listen.
You, like the Pharisees, are condemning those that do such things, as they condemned Christ for eating with the sinners and taxcollectors, as Jesus was condemned by Simon for not pushing away the prostitute.

So, I think that you are a distraction from concentrating on the positive, a person who engages in arguement for its own sake to waste others' time.

I thank you for this lesson that you have taught me.
I pray that your heart will be opened to love, and that you will know love.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Originally posted by AtheistsSuck

[gulp] I agree.

Don't agree with him! He's an idiot!

ALL PEOPLE, that is you and me and everyone else is damned to hell apart from faith is Christ, homo's included. People who commit the crime of having sex with a person of the same gender should be executed. If they repent and accept Christ before their execution has carried out then they will be saved just as the theif on the cross was but that doesn't mean that their sentence should not still be carried out.

Resting in Him,
Clete

On Fire

Originally posted by Clete Pfeiffer

ALL PEOPLE, that is you and me and everyone else is damned to hell apart from faith is Christ, homo's included. People who commit the crime of having sex with a person of the same gender should be executed. If they repent and accept Christ before their execution has carried out then they will be saved just as the theif on the cross was but that doesn't mean that their sentence should not still be carried out.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Why is the sin of homosexuality worse than others sins?

beanieboy

Resting in Him,
Clete

Is that a quote from the Gospel?

Mateo

"I can't beleive that you are this knuckle headed!
Do you think that it should be legal to steal?"

No. Do you think that a thief should be given an opportunity to repent and be shown mercy?

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER

All sins are not equal.

Is murder worse than stealing a candy bar?

John 19:11
Jesus answered, "You could have no power at all against Me unless it had been given you from above. Therefore the one who delivered Me to you has the greater sin."

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by beanieboy

Is that a quote from the Gospel?

John 3
18"He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber

The short answer is because it is not simply a sin but a crime.

beanieboy

17For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

You forgot that part.

beanieboy

The short answer is because it is not simply a sin but a crime.

Not believing in God isn't a crime, just a sin?

What is the result of not believing in God?
Can the nonbeliever say before God, 'Come on, dude, it's not like I committed a crime.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber

No. Do you think that a thief should be given an opportunity to repent and be shown mercy?

Theives are not to be executed but whether or not they repent, they should be made to pay restitution in punichment for their crime.

beanieboy

Cut to the chase, Clete.
What is the point you are driving at.

Bottom line: You want to post Nicer than God to advocate for capital punishment (or punichment) for all OT death penalties (which include nonvirgin brides and disobedient children.) Right?

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by beanieboy

17For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

You forgot that part.

Those who come to God through Jesus will be saved. Those who do not are condemned.

Mateo

quote:

Theives are not to be executed but whether or not they repent, they should be made to pay restitution in punichment for their crime.

You didn't answer my question, Clete.

Lovejoy

Lev 20:10 And the man that committeth adultery with [another] man's wife, [even he] that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.

Exd 22:19 Whosoever lieth with a beast shall surely be put to death.

Lev 20:11 And the man that lieth with his father's wife hath uncovered his father's nakedness: both of them shall surely be put to death; their blood [shall be] upon them.

Lev 20:12 And if a man lie with his daughter in law, both of them shall surely be put to death: they have wrought confusion; their blood [shall be] upon them.

Lev 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood [shall be] upon them.

These are but a few of the laws that God commanded that we have in place concerning perverts.

Our society refuses to practice such criminal justice unfortunately. However, Paul’s society refused to put the sexually perverted to death as well. What was his instructions on how we should treat people who are involved in such behavior?

Rom. 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19 because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, 21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Professing to be wise, they became fools, 23 and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man--and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.
24 Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, 25 who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.
26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting; 29 being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers, 30 backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31 undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, unmerciful; 32 who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them.

Also concerning believers who are caught in such behavior…

I Cor. 5:1 It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and such sexual immorality as is not even *named among the Gentiles--that a man has his father's wife! 2 And you are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he who has done this deed might be taken away from among you. 3 For I indeed, as absent in body but present in spirit, have already judged (as though I were present) him who has so done this deed. 4 In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when you are gathered together, along with my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ, 5 deliver such a one to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord *Jesus.
6 Your glorying is not good. Do you not know that a little leaven leavens the whole lump? 7 Therefore purge out the old leaven, that you may be a new lump, since you truly are unleavened. For indeed Christ, our Passover, was sacrificed *for us. 8 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, nor with the leaven of malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.
9 I wrote to you in my epistle not to keep company with sexually immoral people. 10 Yet I certainly did not mean with the sexually immoral people of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world. 11 But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner--not even to eat with such a person.
12 For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside? 13 But those who are outside God judges. Therefore "put away from yourselves the evil person."

Resting in Him,
Clete

I am confused with this. This is exactly the process I use. It says to judge believers (those inside) so as to keep holy the fellowship of Christ and keep people from stumbling. By that, it simply means to force from the church those that are unrepentant, in certain sins, until they repetant. But it also specifically says that once they are outside, God judges. That is the whole punishment. It is not for us, as Christians, to judge the outside world. Paul even states that we are not to break off from contact with the unsaved the way we would an unrepetant brother, because we would have to up and leave the earth to do it. Essenes we are not. Why, then, would I want to be a part of bringing some brutal legal system into play? If that is what God wants (the rulers are supposedly His) then He will do it. Where is your faith? Use that passion of yours to take care of our screwed up churches and fellowship, and leave the abominations outside to God. You will drive yourself crazy trying to run every one of them down.