Status
Not open for further replies.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
BEST QUOTE OF THE SHOW:

According to Don Wildman's "American Family Association Journal" out this month, 1 in 7 homosexuals have HIV/AIDS according to a study in the Seattle area.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Quote;
Cancer is a smoker's disease.

Billy;
Tell that to people afflicted with cancer who have never smoked.

Free-Agent Smith

I agree that a great many smokers have died from cancer and that smoke could cause lung cancer. But not all smokers die from lung cancer.

I agree that through the many studies that have been conducted over the last 30 years that homosexuals and bi-sexual drug users happen to have the highest rate of AIDS/HIV infection. I also understand that through those two groups that it has spread to a large number of heterosexuals also.

While cancer can't always be tracked to it's original cause, many would like to accuse smokers, HIV/AIDS can usually* be tracked back to some form of sexual behavior and/or drug use with needles.

*Key word here is usually. I do understand that HIV/AIDS has been contracted through blood transfusions but that is from not properly screening donors.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
PERTINENT QUOTE OF THE SHOW

Would it benefit smokers to deny it? To say to smokers, "lung cancer is not a smoker's disease." Would that help them? No. It would put them either further denial or give them a false sense of hope. And so how about this question: Is AIDS a homosexual disease?"

Gerald

Resident Fiend
I'd be interested to know if Enyart thinks there are any maladies (aside from Eternal Damnation™) peculiar to atheists...

wiseman

If only it were as simple as viruses being the agents of morality. Which sexual rule did the children who have AIDS (by way of vertical transmission) violate?

Free-Agent Smith

Originally posted by wiseman
If only it were as simple as viruses being the agents of morality. Which sexual rule did the children who have AIDS (by way of vertical transmission) violate?

The children didn't violate the rules. The birth parents violated the rules and their children are paying for it.
Did you really need to ask a riduculous question like that?

wiseman

Originally posted by Agent Smith
The children didn't violate the rules. The birth parents violated the rules and their children are paying for it.
Did you really need to ask a riduculous question like that?

I intended it as a rhetorical question. My point was that AIDS is a blood borne viral illness and not necessarily a homosexual disease. The statement that AIDS is a homosexual disease seems to me to be an ignorant and inflammatory statement that is generally unproductive.

wiseman

In 2002 5 million people became infected with HIV. This is the equivalent of 13,699 new infections each day. 800,000 of these newly infected individuals were children. 70 % of the world's cases of HIV are in Sub Saharan Africa and are not related to homosexual behaviour.

At the end of 2002 there were 42 million people infected with HIV 1/2 of these people are women.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
wiseman,
Here in America our stats are different. The latest report from Seatle has 1 in 7 homo men infected. I did the math from the latest CDC studies released at the time, it breaks down to 1 in 20 nationally.

Maybe people who donate infected blood should be held accountable for the innocent people who are infected.

wiseman

Originally posted by Nineveh
wiseman,
Here in America our stats are different. The latest report from Seatle has 1 in 7 homo men infected. I did the math from the latest CDC studies released at the time, it breaks down to 1 in 20 nationally.

Maybe people who donate infected blood should be held accountable for the innocent people who are infected.

That's a bit ethnocentric I'm giving you the world figures, you're giving me figures from one American city. In seven countries in the southern cone Africa, one adult in five lives with HIV. HIV is not an American disease -- It is a worldwide problem centred primarily in Africa.

wiseman

Nineveh

Look carefully at the stats presented by the CDC
in 2002 here's the breakdown of new HIV infections in America:

11,701 male to male sexual contact

2757 males injection drug use
3234 males heterosexual contact
164 males other (hemophilia, transfusion, perinatal)
1418 females injection drug use
5949 females sexual contact
136 females (other)

This yields a total of 13,658 cases of non male to male sexual contact. In other words less than 1/2 the cases are among homosexual men.

Mustard Seed

Aids afflicts the adulterous as well as others. Your attempt to pin it down like this is wrong.

I believe it can be used at as methood of punishing the wicked but to pin it to just those with homosexual tendancies is WRONG.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Originally posted by wiseman
Nineveh

Look carefully at the stats presented by the CDC
in 2002 here's the breakdown of new HIV infections in America:

11,701 male to male sexual contact

2757 males injection drug use
3234 males heterosexual contact
164 males other (hemophilia, transfusion, perinatal)
1418 females injection drug use
5949 females sexual contact
136 females (other)

This yields a total of 13,658 cases of non male to male sexual contact. In other words less than 1/2 the cases are among homosexual men.

Did you notice who has the highest rate of infection?

164 people got sick because of homos, bi's and druggies.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Originally posted by Mustard Seed
Aids afflicts the adulterous as well as others. Your attempt to pin it down like this is wrong.

I believe it can be used at as methood of punishing the wicked but to pin it to just those with homosexual tendancies is WRONG.

Hey look, I ain't stickin up for adultery or druggies either. But to ignore homosexual acts that spread AIDS quickly is not being very loving to homosexuals. Bathhouses in San Fransisco were closed because of this very reason. Unsafe behavior has consequences.

Status
Not open for further replies.