How old is the earth?

How old is the earth?

• The earth is under 10,000 years old

Votes: 56 50.9%
  • The earth is around 4.5 billion years old.

Votes: 40 36.4%
  • The earth is somewhere in-between the above options

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • None of the above options (explain below)

Votes: 6 5.5%

• Total voters

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Well, I guess it's settled. Three times as many posters believe that the Earth is relatively young, so I guess it must be so. Polls at TOL always reflect reality.

Bob Enyart

Deceased
Staff member
Administrator
Hello to all,
FYI, you can hear Dr. Walt Brown on Bob Enyart Live, show #33, Feb. 16, 2004 discussing creaton and the global flood. Brown has a PhD in mechanical engineering from MIT. Also, I judge his creation and flood theories to best fit the evidence. Thanks, -Bob

Free-Agent Smith

Originally posted by Bob Enyart

Hello to all,
FYI, you can hear Dr. Walt Brown on Bob Enyart Live, show #33, Feb. 16, 2004 discussing creaton and the global flood. Brown has a PhD in mechanical engineering from MIT. Also, I judge his creation and flood theories to best fit the evidence. Thanks, -Bob
Thank you Bob, I'm sure some of the people here will listen to that show before twisting your statement around.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
AS;
Thank you Bob, I'm sure some of the people here will listen to that show before twisting your statement around.

Billy;
You planning on twisting his statement around?

Last edited:

brother Willi

Originally posted by Bob Enyart

Hello to all,
:thumb:

kingpin

I judge this earth to be about 4.5 million years old. But I'm also under the opinion that God has destroyed this earth and recreated it for human life. So I judge the recreation of the earth for human life to be about 6,000 - 8,000 years old.

K

The Berean

Originally posted by Zakath

I'd suggest verifying rather than falsifying by looking for corraborating evidence.

Isn't it pretty well impossible to falsify a unique event, like creation?

One of the rare moments where I agree with Zakath! :thumb:

thelaqachisnext

BANNED
Banned
Zakath said:
:chuckle:

Maybe that explains why some days I feel older than dirt...
Dirt came first. Only your body made out of the dirt can 'feel' old.

Have any of you ever noticed that no matter how many years we live, we never change inside, in our inner being? We get more understanding [hopefully] but we do not change, or age, in our being.

Skeptic

It's hard to belief that 52.56% of you folks think Earth is under 10,000 years old.

I guess it is to be expected, when science takes a back seat to religion.

One Eyed Jack

Skeptic said:
It's hard to belief that 52.56% of you folks think Earth is under 10,000 years old.

Believe it.

Christians tend to place more importance in the revelation of God than the speculation of man. And science doesn't take a backseat to religion with creationists -- it's riding shotgun.

Real Sorceror

Skeptic said:

This site is over 50% Christian. Why is it hard to believe they'd vote under 10,000 years?
I voted around 4.5 Billion years, but thats only becuase "pretty damn old" wasnt an option. :chuckle:

Skeptic

One Eyed Jack said:
Christians tend to place more importance in the revelation of God than the speculation of man.
It's your speculation that there is a God who has revealed things to man.

I would rather place more importance on speculations that are supported by evidence.

And science doesn't take a backseat to religion with creationists -- it's riding shotgun.
:rotfl: