• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Greywolf

Originally posted by Tye Porter
Actually, we have two threads.
"Is BillyBob a Christian?"
"BB's Statement of Faith"

The problem was, this weekend, we tried to stay away from those threads, and take some time off from the bickering.
It did not work and turned into an across the board dog fight.
I don't think it is possible to contain in the one or two threads.
That has been tried.

I'd just hate to see either of you banned.

Flipper

Apparently you guys (Billy and Tye) can't participate in a thread discussing your own Impending Doom (tm) without arguing with each other.

I can't help but be amused. Also a bit surprised that people are actually distracted or upset enough by this sort of thing to complain. It's all just part of the noise that characterises any discussion board.

Billybob actually on occasion makes posts longer than 3 lines that are edifying, so he has value on the board. On the other hand, Tye serves as an excellent example of narrow-minded legalism, so he has a function as well.

Maybe making each other invisible to the other might do it. Although I would be surprised if either wouldn't be able to resist playing to the peanut gallery.

Or is this thread really more intended as a final, public warning before the axe falls?

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Here's a suggestion...

If the :BillyBob: and :Tye: schtick gets really annoying, I'd suggest posters make use of the Ignore List feature.

That saves the moderators from having to police every post the two parties make and if people are perturbed, they can block the posts.

Regarding punishing inappropriate language, that's a job for the moderators, since it violates board policy. No easy way out of that one...

... my $0.02. :thumb:

Jabez

Friend of Jesus
I say one of them needs to be a man about the whole thing and let the kettle cool down.I know pride dont taste good,but one of them or both will have to swallow it.In my short time here ive come to like them both,i dont want to see them get banned.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
In the past week BillyBob has put completely off topic insults in many threads, and then of course Tye must follow...

I have to commend Tye for keeping his composure, it appears he has been working on his attitude. I don't want to see either one of them banned. BillyBob for obvious reasons, and Tye because he seems to be able to learn and take correction.

How about this:

If Tye or BillyBob start spamming threads with insults like, "Tye is an idiot", for instance, (if the mods are alerted) just delete the post. If they start getting vulgar, a suspension of Knight's choosing. If a post on topic gets filled with little jabs, just move it to one of the threads already laden with the like: "Is BillyBob a Christian" or "BillyBob's Statement of Faith". (both of those threads should be moved to the Back Alley if they aren't already there).

Speaking as a Mod, that was my best shot at trying to get two grown men to act civilized towards each other. Speaking as a mommy, a good spankin would do a whole lot more toward that simple goal. :D

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by Flipper

Apparently you guys (Billy and Tye) can't participate in a thread discussing your own Impending Doom (tm) without arguing with each other.

:D :box:

I can't help but be amused. Also a bit surprised that people are actually distracted or upset enough by this sort of thing to complain. It's all just part of the noise that characterizes any discussion board.

I'm guessing that most of the people it bothers are the 'Christians' who don't like my philosophies. They can tolerate a person who openly claims atheism and doubts their religious views. But it really ruffles their feathers when a fellow Christian questions their core beliefs. [That statement oughtta get me some flack] :chuckle:

Billybob actually on occasion makes posts longer than 3 lines that are edifying, so he has value on the board.

On occasion??? :mad:

On the other hand, Tye serves as an excellent example of narrow-minded legalism, so he has a function as well.

:shut:

Maybe making each other invisible to the other might do it. Although I would be surprised if either wouldn't be able to resist playing to the peanut gallery.

Tye couldn't be invisible if he was standing behind a barn. :freak:

Or is this thread really more intended as a final, public warning before the axe falls?

:hammer:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
About the time Tye starts to come around and make some good arguments as one who truly is concerned over where BB's eternal destiny will be, he takes a turn and starts reacting like a brat who wants to get the last word in or simply egg BB on. He knows that when BB is provoked, he is well known to be out of line in how he responds and in what he has to say.
I think deleting of posts is necessary in 2 particular situations.

1) Tye is not consistant in his attitude and so I don't see how he expects BB to take him seriously during the times when he does seem to be concerned. I've also seen other people, who are consistant with their attitude and arguments over the whole "what does it mean to truly be a Christian?" issue, actually keep a civil dialogue going with BB, only to have Tye jump in with childish responses that have sometimes put an end to a pretty decent discussion with actual civilized exchanges taking place. When Tye does respond in this manner, I feel his posts should be deleted.

2)People have responded on here with "Why don't you just ignore them?" Sometimes this is hard to do when one of the biggest annoyances in all of this is BB hijacking threads and turning them in the direction of Tye vs. BB. When this happens, I feel these posts should be deleted.

Last edited:

Tye Porter

Originally posted by Poly

About the time Tye starts to come around and make some good arguments as one who truly is concerned over where BB's eternal destiny will be, he takes a turn and starts reacting like a brat who wants to get the last word in or simply egg BB on. He knows that when BB is provoked, he is well known to be out of line in how he responds and in what he has to say.
I think deleting of posts is necessary in 2 particular situations.

1) Tye is not consistant in his attitude and so I don't see how he expects BB to take him seriously during the times when he does seem to be concerned. I've also seen other people, who are consistant with their attitude and arguments over the whole "what does it mean to truly be a Christian?" issue, actually keep a civil dialogue going with BB, only to have Tye jump in with childish responses that have sometimes put an end to a pretty decent discussion with actual civilized exchanges taking place. When Tye does respond in this manner, I feel his posts should be deleted.
For the most part, I agree with this.
The part I don't agree is your opinion that the posts are simply childish to provoke him.
He has a tendacy to pull the thread off topic and my posts are directed at centering us on the subject so that he is unable to divert.
While I have made more than my fair share of stupid posts with him, most, in that thread are to provoke him and his gang into staying on topic.
If you feel that I am way off here, feel free to illustrate with examples, in context.

2)People have responded on here with "Why don't you just ignore them?" Sometimes this is hard to do when one of the biggest annoyances in all of this is BB hijacking threads and turning them in the direction of Tye vs. BB. When this happens, I feel these posts should be deleted.

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Gerald, don't be mad at your new smiley! :D
I'm talking about earlier shenanigans on your part.

Besides, that icon you posted is a portrait of your father, remember?

[edited to rectify error involving the Shift key]

Last edited:

Tye Porter

Originally posted by Gerald
Besides, that icon you posted is a portrait of your Father, remember?
Um, NO!
And don't hate the Father.
He's your Father too, you just deny your heritage.

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Huh?

I was taking a jab at your parental unit.

:: looks at post ::

:noway: :doh:

Must've tapped the Shift key on that. An honest error, and edited.

Gerald

Resident Fiend

Um, NO!
And don't hate the Father.
I'm not going to dignify this with a response, except to ask this: If I were to do such in your presence, would you respond violently...?
He's your Father too, you just deny your heritage.
I assure you that I am in no way related to you.

After all, I'm human...
:chuckle:

Status
Not open for further replies.