Let Us Share Compliments and Accolades With One Another

bybee

I have been posting on TOL for many years now. Every once in a while it occurs to me how many dear friends I have here whose presence is meaningful to me.
Old and dear friends like Town Heretic, Rusha, Ktoyou, Chrysostum, Anna, Quincy, Arthur, SaultoPaul, AMR have lent me an ear in time of need and they have inspired me, comforted me and, when necessary taken me to task.
A little later friends like Tambora and Sherman and others became very dear to me. I still continue to treasure my friendship with A4T.
When it comes to theology, AMR, Tambora, Steko, StP, JohnW and others have informed and enlightened me.
There are many newer folks who have also proved thought provoking and caused me to sharpen my wits, such as they are!
PureX, Quetzel and Granite come immediately to mind!
Maybe you would like to add some compliments to the folks on here with whom you shared meaningful experiences?
I'm grateful for this forum.

Last edited:

Quetzal

I have clashed with many members on here in the past. A4T, Bybee, Tam, Sherman, and Knight (to name a few). It was fun (while frustrating sometimes) and I appreciate you folks and those that I forgot to mention.

Town, Arthur, Granite, and Zoo usually aligned with me a bit more closely and it is always fun to shoot the breeze with them, too.

Lon

I generally don't do these because 1) I may leave someone out AND I'm not very good at knowing who feels closer to me that would be hurt if I left them out. 2) Not only that, they know who they are or can guess (so guess, you are probably right). 3) I tend to do this by pos reps. I may not do as many as another, but if you've gotten them, you've essentially gotten the gist without me doing it here (I don't feel as comfortable in public doing it either giving or receiving, probably some macho left-overs or something). -Lon

genuineoriginal

I generally don't do these because 1) I may leave someone out AND I'm not very good at knowing who feels closer to me that would be hurt if I left them out. 2) Not only that, they know who they are or can guess (so guess, you are probably right). 3) I tend to do this by pos reps. I may not do as many as another, but if you've gotten them, you've essentially gotten the gist without me doing it here (I don't feel as comfortable in public doing it either giving or receiving, probably some macho left-overs or something). -Lon
I agree.

I've noticed that itty-bitty teeny-weeny little men like to sling mud at manly, intelligent, personable gents.
Envy I suppose....:think:
That too.
You are a "Jack Booted moron"!
:think:

Last edited:

bybee

You make good points!
My rationale for this type of thread is to counter the negativity so often engendered by some of the more arbitrary subjects. I also give compliments via rep! It is good, I think, to say outloud "Gee! I'm glad you're here"!

Reactions: Lon

bybee

the nicest thing we can do
is
give others reps
I hope others appreciate them as much as I do
you know who you are
thank you for the reps
little things mean a lot

So true! How easy to take a moment to thank another poster for a well worded text!

bybee

I have clashed with many members on here in the past. A4T, Bybee, Tam, Sherman, and Knight (to name a few). It was fun (while frustrating sometimes) and I appreciate you folks and those that I forgot to mention.

Town, Arthur, Granite, and Zoo usually aligned with me a bit more closely and it is always fun to shoot the breeze with them, too.

Almost every newbie with whom I have clashed has wound up being a friend!
Zoo and Wiz are treasures to me. But we clashed quite often.
Thing is, I respect many people with whom I disagree because, mostly, the manner in which we disagree holds mutual respect.
Humor has saved the day many times in my dialogues with PureX!:)

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
FWIW - The sub-header on this site says...

"Open rebuke is better than love carefully concealed."

Prov. 27:5-6

Let the poster beware.

:)
Yep.
And everyone has an agreement clause that they have to acknowledge before they can become a registered member here.
Part of that clause states:

You do not have the right to NOT be offended on these forums.

I just love this place!

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have too many friends to share all of them without accidentally forgetting someone.

To those who are my friends, you are awesome. For those who I don't necessarily know as well, but have had a chance to civilly debate, I am glad I met you as well.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Let's not forget
imagesqtbnANd9GcQlZTZfYgUHJnBKWiTzO.jpg

:thumb: