Jesus Has Reconciled EVERYONE to God

Nanja

You are in complete denial that... "Faith comes by hearing the word of God" Romans 10:17 Which is the Gospel.

How were you saved? Did you just wakeup one morning and decided that you had been zapped by the Holy Spirit?

There is a big hole in your doctrine. ITS CALLED THE GOSPEL.

A dead man cannot hear,

Hearing God's Word which is Spiritual 1 Cor 2:13 comes by having Spiritual Life!

Christ's Sheep HEAR Him John 10:27.

No person can "hear" the Gospel unless He is Born of God John 8:47 KJV!

~~~~~

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
A dead man cannot hear,

Hearing God's Word which is Spiritual 1 Cor 2:13 comes by having Spiritual Life!

Christ's Sheep HEAR Him John 10:27.

No person can "hear" the Gospel unless He is Born of God John 8:47 KJV!

~~~~~
What do you think about Peter's sermon on Pentecost. It is obvious that those there did not know the Lord. How is it that asked what they needed to do to be saved? THEY HEARD THE WORD. That is the way people are saved. They hear the Gospel and repent!

Nanja

What do you think about Peter's sermon on Pentecost. It is obvious that those there did not know the Lord. How is it that asked what they needed to do to be saved? THEY HEARD THE WORD. That is the way people are saved. They hear the Gospel and repent!

Those in Acts 2:37-38 were already under Holy Spirit conviction;
He was already working in their Heart:

37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart,

So it was obvious that they had an inward change of mind / heart:
A Spiritually Circumcised Heart, as a result of the Spirit performing
His Work in them Ezek. 36:26; Phil. 1:6.

Their "hearing" the Word, which is Spiritual 1 Cor. 2:13, was proof
that they were Born of God John 3:6; Rom. 10:17; Prov. 20:12!

~~~~~

Robert Pate

Banned
Those in Acts 2:37-38 were already under Holy Spirit conviction;
He was already working in their Heart:

37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart,

So it was obvious that they had an inward change of mind / heart:
A Spiritually Circumcised Heart, as a result of the Spirit performing
His Work in them Ezek. 36:26; Phil. 1:6.

Their "hearing" the Word, which is Spiritual 1 Cor. 2:13, was proof
that they were Born of God John 3:6; Rom. 10:17; Prov. 20:12!

~~~~~

Your doctrine that they were saved before they were saved is one of the most stupid and unbiblical things that a Calvinist could ever say. I am amazed at how far outside of the faith that Calvinism can lead someone.

Once you start with predestination it leads to more and more heresies until you are finally saying that people are saved before they are saved.

Nanja

Your doctrine that they were saved before they were saved is one of the most stupid and unbiblical things that a Calvinist could ever say. I am amazed at how far outside of the faith that Calvinism can lead someone.

Once you start with predestination it leads to more and more heresies until you are finally saying that people are saved before they are saved.

As usual, your comments are frivolous.

Address the scriptures I posted in post #83,
and exactly how / why you disagree with them.
Be specific!

~~~~~

Robert Pate

Banned
As usual, your comments are frivolous.

Address the scriptures I posted in post #83,
and exactly how / why you disagree with them.
Be specific!

~~~~~

There is no Gospel anywhere in your doctrine.

The whole New Testament is about Jesus Christ and his Gospel.

On the day of Pentecost they heard the Gospel, they believed the Gospel and the were saved.

"Faith came by hearing and hearing by the word of God" Romans 10:17. Which is the Gospel.

Nanja

There is no Gospel anywhere in your doctrine.

The whole New Testament is about Jesus Christ and his Gospel.

On the day of Pentecost they heard the Gospel, they believed the Gospel and the were saved.

"Faith came by hearing and hearing by the word of God" Romans 10:17. Which is the Gospel.

It's Gospel / Good News only for Christ's Sheep!

John 10:27-30
27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish,
neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all;
and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
30 I and my Father are one.

Praise the Lord for His Grace and Mercy given to His Sheep!

~~~~~

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What about Romans 2?

6 God “will repay each person according to what they have done.”[a] 7 To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life.

What about it? Do you think Paul contradicted himself? Paul says everyone will stand before him in judgment. Those in Christ are judged on Christ. Those outside of him...well, good luck.

18 Therefore, as through one man’s offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man’s righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life.

Lon

He didn't say God forced anybody, so why did you ask? That is known as a strawman attack is used by the wicked to misdirect. So why did you make your statement knowing God reconciled the world, starting with his enemies.

This does not mean they have his life, it means their trespasses are forgiven. That is reconciliation. To ask God for forgiveness is to spit in his face while he is on the cross.
Wait, isn't Pate a Universalist, as in Universal Salvation? He is never very clear, but I 'think' that's what Theophilus is addressing here.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You are in complete denial that... "Faith comes by hearing the word of God" Romans 10:17 Which is the Gospel.

How were you saved? Did you just wakeup one morning and decided that you had been zapped by the Holy Spirit?

There is a big hole in your doctrine. ITS CALLED THE GOSPEL.

Amen.

Lon

That is correct.
Robert did, for once, clarify, but especially his initial posts look like Universalism.
God is not going to be responsible for you going to hell.

He provides salvation for everyone, Hebrews 2:9.

The ball is now in your court. What are you going to do about Jesus and his Gospel?
He isn't careful enough and often touts the Universal Salvation line without realizing it. It often causes a lot of this mess and it is his own fault.

Robert, you often come off as a Universalist (people who don't need to respond to or even know Jesus to be saved, literally "EVERYONE"). See here

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Since when do you believe what Paul wrote? You teach that a person is saved by what they do, which discounts Christ!

Placing one's faith in Christ after hearing the Gospel, is the way of
salvation. How did you get saved? Did it suddenly dawn upon you
while you were shaving one morning? Did you suddenly blurt out:
"I'm one of the Elect!"

Robert Pate

Banned
Robert did, for once, clarify, but especially his initial posts look like Universalism.
He isn't careful enough and often touts the Universal Salvation line without realizing it. It often causes a lot of this mess and it is his own fault.

Robert, you often come off as a Universalist (people who don't need to respond to or even know Jesus to be saved, literally "EVERYONE"). See here

Universally, Jesus has reconciled the whole world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:19.

This means that salvation has been provided for EVERYONE just like it says in Hebrews 2:9.

This does NOT mean everyone is saved. What it means is the whosoever that wants to be saved, can now be saved, by doing nothing more than calling on the name of the Lord, Romans 10:13.

theophilus

Agree because that's what the scripture says.

This means that salvation has been provided for EVERYONE just like it says in Hebrews 2:9.

This does NOT mean everyone is saved. What it means is the whosoever that wants to be saved, can now be saved, by doing nothing more than calling on the name of the Lord, Romans 10:13.

What do you do with Romans 10:9?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned

Which has absolutely no bearing on free will vs predestination. It is moot, as is most of your arguments I've noticed.

Robert Pate

Banned

What do you do with Romans 10:9?

Romans 10:9 is a person that has come to the reality that he is a lost sinner and needs Jesus Christ to save him.

You can be driving down the freeway and have this happen.

theophilus

Romans 10:9 is a person that has come to the reality that he is a lost sinner and needs Jesus Christ to save him.

You can be driving down the freeway and have this happen.

One CAN be saved driving down the freeway.

Or in church.

Or on a curb in the middle of your own spittle.

Or in a corral.