Prison guards cook prisoner to death

ClimateSanity

The dictionary sometimes has more than one kind of meaning for a word. Deserve is not a word with more than one meaning.
[T] These ​charities deserve ​your ​support.
[+ to infinitive] The American ​people deserve to ​know what went ​wrong.
[T] I ​hope those ​crooks get what they deserve (= ​receive a ​punishment that ​suits ​their ​crime).

ClimateSanity

They deserve ​praise for all ​their hard ​work.
The ​proposals that you have put ​forward deserve ​serious ​consideration.
A ​business as ​poorly ​managed as that one doesn't deserve to ​succeed.
You should ​treat those ​remarks with the ​contempt that they deserve.
He was a good ​strong ​leader, she said, who deserved his party's ​unreserved ​support.

1PeaceMaker

good one!

Thanks. :e4e:

[T] These ​charities deserve ​your ​support.
[+ to infinitive] The American ​people deserve to ​know what went ​wrong.
[T] I ​hope those ​crooks get what they deserve (= ​receive a ​punishment that ​suits ​their ​crime).

They deserve ​praise for all ​their hard ​work.
The ​proposals that you have put ​forward deserve ​serious ​consideration.
A ​business as ​poorly ​managed as that one doesn't deserve to ​succeed.
You should ​treat those ​remarks with the ​contempt that they deserve.
He was a good ​strong ​leader, she said, who deserved his party's ​unreserved ​support.

You just gave multiple examples of using the same word, with the same definition, implying a sense of justice.

Where is your example of the word deserve NOT implying a sense of justice?

Christian Liberty

Res is being stupid because he really doesn't care about the concept of victimhood, or people at all really.

If someone walks outside in the middle of a hurricane and dies because of that we can feel bad for him but it is what it is. We can't really assert that injustice has been done.

On the other hand, if someone walks outside through a shady part of town and gets killed by thugs... sure maybe you shouldn't walk through that part of town but that doesn't change the fact that you're a victim.

There is no, simply no basis to say that this man "dserved" what happened to him. By any principle of justice he simply didn't.

Sad that after all this time there are still sickos on here. Even sadder is that even as a hardline theonomist that probably belongs in the year 1646 ;) I still think the "left wing" non-Christian people here are more decent than half the people here that pretend to be Christian. Its still downright pathetic just as it always was.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Res is being stupid because he really doesn't care about the concept of victimhood, or people at all really.

If someone walks outside in the middle of a hurricane and dies because of that we can feel bad for him but it is what it is. We can't really assert that injustice has been done.

On the other hand, if someone walks outside through a shady part of town and gets killed by thugs... sure maybe you shouldn't walk through that part of town but that doesn't change the fact that you're a victim.

There is no, simply no basis to say that this man "dserved" what happened to him. By any principle of justice he simply didn't.

Sad that after all this time there are still sickos on here. Even sadder is that even as a hardline theonomist that probably belongs in the year 1646 ;) I still think the "left wing" non-Christian people here are more decent than half the people here that pretend to be Christian. Its still downright pathetic just as it always was.

It's truly amazing the lengths some people will stoop to to defend these prison guards.

journey

What the prison guards did was barbaric, cruel, and without excuse. I think that they richly deserve a First Degree Murder trial and the most harsh punishment available in that jurisdiction. There really aren't words to properly describe their heinous acts.

This Charming Manc

On the limited info we have I think manslaughter charges would be more appropriate.

I believe then attended harm and rough justice, I see no evidence they intended to kill.

Still they need to go away for along time.

What the prison guards did was barbaric, cruel, and without excuse. I think that they richly deserve a First Degree Murder trial and the most harsh punishment available in that jurisdiction. There really aren't words to properly describe their heinous acts.

bybee

On the limited info we have I think manslaughter charges would be more appropriate.

I believe then attended harm and rough justice, I see no evidence they intended to kill.

The thing is, a prisoner is a vulnerable person in relation to his/her guards. The guards have an obligation to perform their duties within the guidelines of their job description as well as common decency.
I always think "What if that prisoner were one of my loved ones"....

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

i don't think anybody's defending them

do you?

I believe (they intended) harm and rough justice, I see no evidence they intended to kill.

it would be instructive to see how often this treatment had been used in the past, and how many prisoners who were subjected to it required medical attention afterwards

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

You have to wonder how many other inmates they have used forms of "rough justice" on and whether or not the higher ups were aware of their propensity towards abuse.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
And now for some news that will send TOL's bleeding heart liberals running to Miami demanding justice!

Mob-Rule.png

Miami-Dade prison inmate death in shower ruled accidental, sources say

Jan. 22, 2016

Autopsy: Rainey died from complications of schizophrenia, heart disease, ‘confinement’ in a shower

...The Miami-Dade Medical Examiner’s autopsy report, completed this week, concluded that Rainey died from complications of schizophrenia, heart disease and “confinement” in the shower back in June 2012, according to multiple law enforcement sources.

Rainey, 50, did not suffer any burns anywhere on his body, and investigators could not conclude that the specially rigged shower was “excessively” hot the day he collapsed, the report said. Sources said the autopsy concluded that corrections officers had “no intent” to harm Rainey when they kept him in the shower for up to two hours.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/special-reports/florida-prisons/article56108525.html#storylink=cpy

What's the Medical Examiner know anyway?

I say Obama's storm troopers Dept. of Justice march into Miami and take control of this matter!

I'm sure that his cocaine habit had nothing to do with his bad health (including mental health), so I shouldn't even bring that up.

Ya know, if recreational drugs were legal....

Tinark

And now for some news that will send TOL's bleeding heart liberals running to Miami demanding justice!

Mob-Rule.png

Miami-Dade prison inmate death in shower ruled accidental, sources say

Jan. 22, 2016

Autopsy: Rainey died from complications of schizophrenia, heart disease, ‘confinement’ in a shower

...The Miami-Dade Medical Examiner’s autopsy report, completed this week, concluded that Rainey died from complications of schizophrenia, heart disease and “confinement” in the shower back in June 2012, according to multiple law enforcement sources.

Rainey, 50, did not suffer any burns anywhere on his body, and investigators could not conclude that the specially rigged shower was “excessively” hot the day he collapsed, the report said. Sources said the autopsy concluded that corrections officers had “no intent” to harm Rainey when they kept him in the shower for up to two hours.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/special-reports/florida-prisons/article56108525.html#storylink=cpy

What's the Medical Examiner know anyway?

I say Obama's storm troopers Dept. of Justice march into Miami and take control of this matter!

I'm sure that his cocaine habit had nothing to do with his bad health (including mental health), so I shouldn't even bring that up.

Ya know, if recreational drugs were legal....

There is more reported in that article:

When staff finally took Rainey out of the stall, his skin seemingly melted off — a condition known as “slippage” caused by prolonged exposure to water, humidity and the “warm, moist” environment, the autopsy reported, sources said.

Hempstead, a convicted burglar whose prison grievances and interviews with the Miami Herald first brought to light details of Rainey’s death, said he was shocked to learn that the death was ruled accidental. He told investigators, including those with the Justice Department, that the rigged shower was used on several other inmates with mental illnesses to terrorize them and keep them in line. The plumbing was dismantled after Rainey’s death.

Other inmates told the Herald and investigators that they heard corrections officers taunt Rainey as he screamed to be let out, although Hempstead did not hear that.

The medical examiner’s office — more than three years after Rainey’s death, an unusually long time for a death investigation to last — gave its final autopsy report to Miami-Dade police and prosecutors this week. The autopsy report itself remains private because investigations remain ongoing.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/special-reports/florida-prisons/article56108525.html#storylink=cpy

So it may not have been as scalding hot as first reported, but still uncomfortably hot and the environment damaging enough after 2 hours of exposure to cause his skin to melt off, contributing to his death.

A manslaughter charge certainly seems to be in order, and the circumstances surrounding why it took 3 years for the non-independent investigation to finish remains unanswered.