ECT Once Saved, Always Saved

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
They can't say we don't have her figured out.
high-five-smiley-emoticon.gif

jsanford108

Look, you don't know how to "Rightly Divide the Word of God," therefore, you remain confused and continue to misinterpret Scriptures.

1.)So, this is your response to my question of "Do you just toss out any Scripture that is written to Hebrews, because it doesn't apply to you (in your opinion)?"

2.)How do you know I am confused/misinterpret Scripture? Thus far in the thread, you have not had a discussion with me on any topic. Seems a little prejudice to immediately claim that I am confused and lost in misinterpretation, when we have not even engaged in a conversation, simply because I asked a question on how you pick and choose which Scriptures apply to you.

3.)How do you know that you are rightly dividing the Word of God, and are not confused and misinterpreting it, yourself?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
1.)So, this is your response to my question of "Do you just toss out any Scripture that is written to Hebrews, because it doesn't apply to you (in your opinion)?"

Someone who rightly divides does not throw out any scripture.

2.)How do you know I am confused/misinterpret Scripture? Thus far in the thread, you have not had a discussion with me on any topic. Seems a little prejudice to immediately claim that I am confused and lost in misinterpretation, when we have not even engaged in a conversation, simply because I asked a question on how you pick and choose which Scriptures apply to you.

Perhaps you could give me an opportunity to show you how.

JS, could you show me in scripture where God repealed the dietary laws?

3.)How do you know that you are rightly dividing the Word of God, and are not confused and misinterpreting it, yourself?

Here's how:

When there are no problem texts for your theology. And no, I don't mean that you can just "explain them away as being figurative language", I mean that not one verse has to be taken figuratively or out of context to fix an apparent contradiction. (For example, see James 2:24 vs Romans 4:5.) God wrote a cohesive story that doesn't need to be interpreted very far from what it says. Sure, some things in scripture are figurative, some verses and passages have deeper meaning, but even then, none of it contradicts.

Jerry Shugart

And no, I don't mean that you can just "explain them away as being figurative language", I mean that not one verse has to be taken figuratively or out of context to fix an apparent contradiction. (For example, see James 2:24 vs Romans 4:5.) God wrote a cohesive story that doesn't need to be interpreted very far from what it says. Sure, some things in scripture are figurative, some verses and passages have deeper meaning, but even then, none of it contradicts.

A lot of people overlook exactly what James said in regard to how a person is saved:

"Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures"
(Jas.1:18).​

That matches exactly what Peter said:

"Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God...And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you" (1 Pet.1:23,25).​

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

You really don't sound like the type of person that's seeking real truth. I believe you're just looking for somebody to argue with. So, I don't wish to oblige you. Know what I mean? Find somebody else to argue with.

jsanford108

Someone who rightly divides does not throw out any scripture.
I agree completely.

Perhaps you could give me an opportunity to show you how.

JS, could you show me in scripture where God repealed the dietary laws?
I would say that Jesus did not repeal dietary restrictions.

Here's how:

When there are no problem texts for your theology. And no, I don't mean that you can just "explain them away as being figurative language", I mean that not one verse has to be taken figuratively or out of context to fix an apparent contradiction. (For example, see James 2:24 vs Romans 4:5.) God wrote a cohesive story that doesn't need to be interpreted very far from what it says. Sure, some things in scripture are figurative, some verses and passages have deeper meaning, but even then, none of it contradicts.
I agree completely with your points within this post. And I would posit that my theological doctrines have no Scripture texts that present problems.

We are in complete agreement here, brother.

jsanford108

You really don't sound like the type of person that's seeking real truth. I believe you're just looking for somebody to argue with. So, I don't wish to oblige you. Know what I mean? Find somebody else to argue with.
You appear like you cannot adequately defend the posits you have made, nor the doctrine you hold to.

Thus far, you have had a quibble filled argument with other users, absent of any logical arguments with Scriptural evidence.

The doctrine of eternal assurance is contradictory to Scripture. You have defended this doctrine. Yet, when I question your posts, you take flight, claiming to be the one in higher position and integrity.

Notice that Dan P, despite not being productive in discussion, at least attempted to reprimand me. JudgeRightly has taken quite a significant step in engaging in civil and productive conversation. You however have not. It is with obvious analysis, that one can conclude that you have merely projected your own insecurities, and urge to avoid real truth, onto any opposition to your position(s). (At least in this thread)