Pope Francis extends Catholic priests' right to forgive abortion - $199.95

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Pope Francis extends Catholic priests' right to forgive abortion by Tim Hume, Cristiana Moisescu and Lindsay Isaac CNN] :eek:linger: "Pope Francis has extended the powers of Catholic priests to forgive abortions, making the announcement in an apostolic letter released Monday.

It continues a special dispensation granted last year for the duration of the Year of Mercy, which finished Sunday.

"I wish to restate as firmly as I can that abortion is a grave sin, since it puts an end to an innocent life. In the same way, however, I can and must state that there is no sin that God's mercy cannot reach and wipe away when it finds a repentant heart seeking to be reconciled with the Father," the letter states.

"May every priest, therefore, be a guide, support and comfort to penitents on this journey of special reconciliation," the letter continues.

"I henceforth grant to all priests, in virtue of their ministry, the faculty to absolve those who have committed the sin of procured abortion..." Full text: Pope Francis extends Catholic priests' right to forgive abortion Jud 11

Last edited:

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
That's a bald faced lie, brought to you by the same people who said Hillary would win. On this issue I am an expert: According to Canon Law 1398, procuring an abortion incurs a Latae sententiae Excommunication. But also according to Canon Law, the only thing necessary to reverse this is to go to Confession. In more detail, a declaration of repentance, followed by absolution given by a priest empowered to lift the censure, ends an excommunication such as that imposed by Canon 1398

Put simply, priests have always been able to forgive this just as they can forgive any mortal sin. Don't even try to argue with me on this one man. CNN are liars. Deal with it.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
That's a bald faced lie...

Oh, he didn't mention the bill? :eek:linger: He will (Jud 11). :Shimei: Forgiveness comes by God's grace (Luke 7:42) not an antichrist (Matt. 24:4-5, 24) in a Dagon fish god hat.

"The pope needs to know that priests cannot forgive sins because the Bible declares that God is the only one who can forgive sins (Mark 2:7). In fact, the Pharisees, not knowing that Jesus was God, accused Him of blasphemy when He forgave the sins of a paralytic (Luke 5:21)..." Pope Francis Grants Priests Power to Pardon Mothers Who Have Obtained Abortions

Last edited:

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned

I
won't even entertain your childish comment. I repeat:
That's a bald faced lie, brought to you by the same people who said Hillary would win. On this issue I am an expert: According to Canon Law 1398, procuring an abortion incurs a Latae sententiae Excommunication. But also according to Canon Law, the only thing necessary to reverse this is to go to Confession. In more detail, a declaration of repentance, followed by absolution given by a priest empowered to lift the censure, ends an excommunication such as that imposed by Canon 1398

Put simply, priests have always been able to forgive this just as they can forgive any mortal sin. Don't even try to argue with me on this one man. CNN are liars. Deal with it.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
Forgiveness is based on Christ's shed blood (Heb. 9:22). :juggle:

Gee, I didn't know that!! You would do well to learn what we believe on the subject:

1441 Only God forgives sins. Since he is the Son of God, Jesus says of himself, "The Son of man has authority on earth to forgive sins" and exercises this divine power: "Your sins are forgiven." Further, by virtue of his divine authority he gives this power to men to exercise in his name.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Catholic Crusader Instructs the Pope

Catholic Crusader Instructs the Pope

I enjoy it when "expert" Romanists offer up correction of the Pope:
12. Given this need, lest any obstacle arise between the request for reconciliation and God’s forgiveness, I henceforth grant to all priests, in virtue of their ministry, the faculty to absolve those who have committed the sin of procured abortion. The provision I had made in this regard, limited to the duration of the Extraordinary Holy Year, is hereby extended, notwithstanding anything to the contrary...

For the Jubilee Year I had also granted that those faithful who, for various reasons, attend churches officiated by the priests of the Priestly Fraternity of Saint Pius X, can validly and licitly receive the sacramental absolution of their sins. For the pastoral benefit of these faithful, and trusting in the good will of their priests to strive with God’s help for the recovery of full communion in the Catholic Church, I have personally decided to extend this faculty beyond the Jubilee Year, until further provisions are made, lest anyone ever be deprived of the sacramental sign of reconciliation through the Church’s pardon.

Apparently the Pope is granting a faculty some Romanists assume was always present, in need of no provisions, and no further provisions are needed in Canon Law.

Next time you visit the box, CC, be sure to recall this act on your part. Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

Deal with it. ;)

AMR

Last edited:

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Last edited:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Black Friday Annulment :eek:linger: $199.95 Jud 11

dumped-2567.gif

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
Non issue as justice was served for sin at the cross. Also, the RCC "Pope" has no authority to forgive sins. He can forgive his repent brother that sins against him, but nobody else.

We're not discussing theology here. My point is, the CNN report is a lie. From a Catholic POV, Priests being able to forgive this sin is nothing new, and CNN is making it sound like something news. Thats the point.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
The ironic thing about this thread is that you people who think you are conservative & Christian are doing the exact same hateful things to Catholics that the media and liberals do to you. Aren't you be proud tio be the very thing you hate. Idiots.

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We're not discussing theology here. My point is, the CNN report is a lie. From a Catholic POV, Priests being able to forgive this sin is nothing new, and CNN is making it sound like something news. Thats the point.
No, you are now attempting to walk back this error when it was clearly pointed out to you how wrong you were on the specific matter of abortion.

No one is disputing the Romanist notions of priestly absolution of sins. The dispute lies in the particular situation, abortion, your knee-jerk attempt at claiming to be an expert on canon law, as if you held yourself to be one to correct he that you hold in so high regard. :AMR:

AMR

ricardo574

So your saying we don't need Jesus Christ we just need priests. So basically Jesus died for no reason is what your saying?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using TheologyOnline mobile app

ricardo574

So JESUS CHRIST died for no reason because we have priests?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using TheologyOnline mobile app

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
The Catholic Church tends to always already be doing a thing before the Pope makes that thing official.
It's a historical tendency, actually :rolleyes: