Christians worship Christ; JW's do not!

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

THREE QUESTIONS TO DETERMINE IF THE TRINITY IS BIBLICALLY TRUE OR FALSE. If any one of these questions can be answered 'no,' then the Trinity can be rejected as an unbiblical belief. But if all three can be answered 'yes,' then the concept of the Trinity can be accepted as true.

1. Does the Bible mention three distinct persons?

2. Does the Bible refer to each of these persons as God?

3. Does the Bible teach there is only one God?

The answers:

1. Are three distinct persons mentioned? YES.
A. The Father (1 John 3:1)
B. The Son (1 John 1:3)
C. The Holy Spirit (John 14:6; 14:26; 15:26; 16:13-14; Romans 15:30; Ephesians 4:30)

2. Are each of these persons referred to as God? YES.
A. God the Father (1 Thessalonians 1:1)
B. God the Son (John 1:1; 20:28; Hebrews 1:8-9)
C. God the Holy Spirit (Acts 5:3-4)

3. Is there only one God? YES.
(see Deuteronomy 4:35-39; Psalm 86:10; Isaiah 45:5; 45:22)

FOR ANYONE WHO REJECTS THE TRINITY AS BIBLICAL:
Please show how the verses provided do not answer in the affirmative all three questions asked.
:thumb:

NWL

1 John 5:7 KJV
(7) For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

Go ahead and try to form a mathematical equation for that.

That verse is spurious. Its not found in any of the earliest manuscripts we have on record, this is widely known.

genuineoriginal

Please show how the verses provided do not answer in the affirmative all three questions asked.

John 17:1-8
1 These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, [JESUS]Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:[/JESUS]
2 [JESUS]As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.[/JESUS]
3 [JESUS]And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.[/JESUS]
4 [JESUS]I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.[/JESUS]
5 [JESUS]And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.[/JESUS]
6 [JESUS]I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.[/JESUS]
7 [JESUS]Now they have known that all things whatsoever thou hast given me are of thee.[/JESUS]
8 [JESUS]For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me.[/JESUS]​

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That verse is spurious. Its not found in any of the earliest manuscripts we have on record, this is widely known.

Cyprian, who lived in 210 - 258 already confirmed it was written in his De catholicae ecclesiae unitate 6, as he says, “The Lord says, ‘I and the Father are one’; and again it is written of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, ‘And these three are one.’”

So we know that at least by the time of Cyprian's life, it was already known to have been written.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

John 17:1-8
1 These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, [JESUS]Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:[/JESUS]
2 [JESUS]As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.[/JESUS]
3 [JESUS]And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.[/JESUS]
4 [JESUS]I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.[/JESUS]
5 [JESUS]And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.[/JESUS]
6 [JESUS]I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.[/JESUS]
7 [JESUS]Now they have known that all things whatsoever thou hast given me are of thee.[/JESUS]
8 [JESUS]For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me.[/JESUS]​

None of those verses preclude what I posted above.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No, God is a person that is also called the Father in the New Testament.
GOD is "us" and "our" in the very first chapter of the Bible.

Scripture also says that GOD created alone.
So no created being, person, spirit helped GOD create.
This will cause a major problem for those that claim that GOD created Christ to do the creating.
The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit were all involved with creating, and no one else.
The 3 are the 1 triune GOD that created alone.

genuineoriginal

None of those verses preclude what I posted above.
Don't you know that non-trinitarians use the very words of Jesus to prove that the Father is greater than the Son of God?

Non-Trinitarians also use the words of Paul

1 Corinthians 15:27
27 For he (the Father) hath put all things under his (the Son of God) feet. But when he (the Father) saith all things are put under him (the Son of God), it is manifest that he (the Father) is excepted, which did put all things under him (the Son of God).​

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
GOD is a triune unity.
The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are called GOD in the NT.
Isaiah 44:24 KJV - Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Don't you know that non-trinitarians use the very words of Jesus to prove that the Father is greater than the Son of God?

Non-Trinitarians also use the words of Paul

1 Corinthians 15:27
27 For he (the Father) hath put all things under his (the Son of God) feet. But when he (the Father) saith all things are put under him (the Son of God), it is manifest that he (the Father) is excepted, which did put all things under him (the Son of God).​

Well sure, the Son submits His will to the Father. The perfect example of how we should submit to our parents.

And again, that scripture does not, repeat, DOES NOT preclude anything that I said above.

The Son, who submits His will to the Father, is still fully and completely God, just as the Father is fully and completely God, and both are still One God,

genuineoriginal

GOD is "us" and "our" in the very first chapter of the Bible.
Some people think God is speaking in majestic plural.

The royal we, or majestic plural (pluralis maiestatis), is the use of a plural pronoun (or corresponding plural-inflected verb forms) to refer to a single person holding a high office, such as a sovereign monarch or religious leader like the Pope.​

Other people think God is speaking to the angels.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The problem with that argument is that the Bible does not teach those things.
That is why the arguments between Trinitarians and Non-Trinitarians will never end until the Resurrection.
It doesn't teach that the Son submits His will to the Father? Or that they are both the one God, along with the Holy Spirit? If the latter, you need to read this again:

THREE QUESTIONS TO DETERMINE IF THE TRINITY IS BIBLICALLY TRUE OR FALSE. If any one of these questions can be answered 'no,' then the Trinity can be rejected as an unbiblical belief. But if all three can be answered 'yes,' then the concept of the Trinity can be accepted as true.

1. Does the Bible mention three distinct persons?

2. Does the Bible refer to each of these persons as God?

3. Does the Bible teach there is only one God?

The answers:

1. Are three distinct persons mentioned? YES.
A. The Father (1 John 3:1)
B. The Son (1 John 1:3)
C. The Holy Spirit (John 14:6; 14:26; 15:26; 16:13-14; Romans 15:30; Ephesians 4:30)

2. Are each of these persons referred to as God? YES.
A. God the Father (1 Thessalonians 1:1)
B. God the Son (John 1:1; 20:28; Hebrews 1:8-9)
C. God the Holy Spirit (Acts 5:3-4)

3. Is there only one God? YES.
(see Deuteronomy 4:35-39; Psalm 86:10; Isaiah 45:5; 45:22)

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Isaiah 44:24 KJV - Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;
Exactly.

That's a problem for those that say the Father created the Son to do it for Him.
Since GOD alone did the creating, and we see the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit all 3 involved with creation; the conclusion can only be that GOD is a unity and not a single person.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Some people think God is speaking in majestic plural.

The royal we, or majestic plural (pluralis maiestatis), is the use of a plural pronoun (or corresponding plural-inflected verb forms) to refer to a single person holding a high office, such as a sovereign monarch or religious leader like the Pope.​

Other people think God is speaking to the angels.
You've got it backwards.

When God uses us or our in the Bible referring to himself, it's not just an example of the Royal We, it's the ORIGIN of the Royal We.

genuineoriginal

The Son, who submits His will to the Father, is still fully and completely God, just as the Father is fully and completely God, and both are still One God,
The problem with that argument is that the Bible does not teach those things.
That is why the arguments between Trinitarians and Non-Trinitarians will never end until the Resurrection.
It doesn't teach . . . that they are both the one God, along with the Holy Spirit?
Correct.
The Bible does not teach that the Father, the Son of God, and the Holy Ghost are one and the same god.
The Bible does teach that the Father is God.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Exactly.

That's a problem for those that say the Father created the Son to do it for Him.
Since GOD alone did the creating, and we see the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit all 3 involved with creation; the conclusion can only be that GOD is a unity and not a single person.
Yes, I've never seen that before. You and glory have put forth a few great proofs for our Triune God that I haven't heard yet. I'm trying to write them down.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Correct.
The Bible does not teach that the Father, the Son of God, and the Holy Ghost are one and the same god.
The Bible does teach that the Father is God.
It also teaches that the Son is God, and that the Holy Spirit is God. So either there's three Gods, which could contradict the rest of the Bible, which teaches that there is only one God, or there is one God, and three Persons. Again, I refer you back to the box I posted above.