AOC Slams Facebook, Google, Microsoft CEOs

Crucifer

BANNED
Banned
“The rich” are also punished through the phase-out of tax exemptions, deductions, and credits as their income rises.Yet, according to YOU, “the rich” are still not paying enough in taxes.

The rich aren't punished. They live luxuriously by the labor of others.

Republicans have and will in the future continue to press that the poor should pay more, demonize minimum wage and make basic modern commodities like healthcare more unreachable.
In other words, everything you have to say about Democrats concerning the economy is a joke- they just don't have any interest in something that is totally rigged against them.

drbrumley

Republicans have and will in the future continue to press that the poor should pay more, demonize minimum wage and make basic modern commodities like healthcare more unreachable.
In other words, everything you have to say about Democrats concerning the economy is a joke- they just don't have any interest in something that is totally rigged against them.

Pay more what? “The poor” pay little or no income taxes, they receive tax refunds from the government of money they never paid in via refundable tax credits.

Do you hear that, NEVER PAID yet they get a refund...

It's obvious you don't want to have a discussion, your just going to assert based on your silly emotion.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

:darwinsm:

i used to work with a MD/PhD, married to a PhD - between them they had 21 years of post-secondary education - they worked 80 hour weeks at a top ranked medical center in administrative/teaching/research roles. Household income put them well into the 1%

what do you say their tax rate should have been?
Republicans have and will in the future continue to press that the poor should pay more

how much should the poor pay?

Crucifer

BANNED
Banned
Pay more what? “The poor” pay little or no income taxes, they receive tax refunds from the government of money they never paid in via refundable tax credits.

Do you hear that, NEVER PAID yet they get a refund...

It's obvious you don't want to have a discussion, your just going to assert based on your silly emotion.

Who do you think is expected to pick up the slack where the rich are paying less taxes? You can throw those so called statistics around all you want but they are misleading and meant to make it seem like the rich are the victims in this country.

Which is laughable- probably the most damnable thing in this recent era is the concept that that it's immoral to expect the rich to cycle back some of the money that they exploited from workers in the first place.
Like calling greed virtuous and commonwealth interests malignant- there's no reason why there should be as many poor as there are in this country. If your American capitalism and 'Reaganomics' is so star spangled awesome than how come other countries have better standards of living?

ok doser

The rich ... live ... by the labor of others.

well, yes

in that they pay others to do work for them - cooking, cleaning, roofing, driveway sealing, etc.

if not for the rich, all those cooks, maintenance people, roofers, driveway sealers, etc wouldn't be paid for their work

do you want cooks, maintenance people, roofers, driveway sealers, etc to starve?

The Berean

:darwinsm:

i used to work with a MD/PhD, married to a PhD - between them they had 21 years of post-secondary education - they worked 80 hour weeks at a top ranked medical center in administrative/teaching/research roles. Household income put them well into the 1%

what do you say their tax rate should have been?

how much should the poor pay?
I live in Silicon Valley and doctors and even nurses make top end salaries. And they work very hard for their money. Three years ago I spent four days in the hospital for gall bladder removal surgery. All I can say is that those nurses that took great care of me are the foot soldiers of their hospital. And the doctor who cut into my body earned his pay. I can't imagine being a surgeon. Just one major screw up and you can potentially end someone's life and the surgeon's life is ruined.

genuineoriginal

probably the most damnable thing in this recent era is the concept that that it's immoral to expect the rich to cycle back some of the money that they exploited from workers in the first place.
The lie that the rich got their wealth from exploiting the workers is one of the most damnable concept in this recent era.
The leftist/liberals have a lock on all the damnable concepts in this recent era.

genuineoriginal

well, yes

in that they pay others to do work for them - cooking, cleaning, roofing, driveway sealing, etc.

if not for the rich, all those cooks, maintenance people, roofers, driveway sealers, etc wouldn't be paid for their work

do you want cooks, maintenance people, roofers, driveway sealers, etc to starve?
You should have mentioned landscapers in the list.
I'm a landscaper who makes 11 an hour
Only the rich would want to spend their money on landscaping.

ok doser

The lie that the rich got their wealth from exploiting the workers is one of the most damnable concept in this recent era.
The leftist/liberals have a lock on all the damnable concepts in this recent era.

marx, through and through

to be fair, he wrote in an era where the wealthy really did exploit the working classes

The Berean

well, yes

I currently work for a large CNC machine shop as a Process Engineer. The shop has 55 employees, 36 CNC machines, and a wide assortment of other machining equipment. The owner makes good money no doubt but he also has to spend a lot of money on labor and capital equipment. He's paying me well over six figures. He does this not because he wants to be nice to me but because he believes my skills and experience can make him even more money which in turn will make more money for his employees. Many of his employees have been with the company well over 15 years which shows me that he has engendered loyalty from his employees. He seems to be an honest hardworking man. He takes care of his employees. For example every Thanksgiving he hands out free turkeys to every employee. I have no idea how much he pays in taxes but I suspect it is substantial.

ok doser

I live in Silicon Valley and doctors and even nurses make top end salaries. And they work very hard for their money. Three years ago I spent four days in the hospital for gall bladder removal surgery. All I can say is that those nurses that took great care of me are the foot soldiers of their hospital. And the doctor who cut into my body earned his pay. I can't imagine being a surgeon. Just one major screw up and you can potentially end someone's life and the surgeon's life is ruined.

i wish cruci would respond with more than generalities, give some indication that he's given some thought to what he's saying and isn't just parroting talking points

i have some idea of what my MD/PhD friends should pay in taxes, and i have some idea of what the poor should pay, and i'm willing to put a number to that and discuss it

i wish cruci would do the same

ok doser

I currently work for a large CNC machine shop as a Process Engineer. The shop has 55 employees, 36 CNC machines, and a wide assortment of other machining equipment. The owner makes good money no doubt but he also has to spend a lot of money on labor and capital equipment. He's paying me well over six figures. He does this not because he wants to be nice to me but because he believes my skills and experience can make him even more money which in turn will make more money for his employees. Many of his employees have been with the company well over 15 years which shows me that he has engendered loyalty from his employees. He seems to be an honest hardworking man. He takes care of his employees. For example every Thanksgiving he hands out free turkeys to every employee. I have no idea how much he pays in taxes but I suspect it is substantial.

i wonder if cruci would think that the owner is exploiting you?

ok doser

An interesting question given that the owner works more hours than I do!

i rub shoulders with quite a few people who would qualify for the top 1% - many are retired from jobs like you describe - entrepreneurs who built businesses - many are retired professionals - many are currently working professionals who have invested huge amounts of time and effort into earning degrees and certifications

none of them fit the image cruci appears to have of the idle wealthy

Crucifer

BANNED
Banned
The rich pay for the labor of others, but it appears that you don't believe in a day's wage for a day's work.

No, you don't believe in a day's wage for a day's work. Thr poor get change in a day's work, and the rich get a small fortune for a day's work. Trickle down capitalism just makes the rich richer and the poor poorer, that's why America is more and more becoming a place where you can be in an upper class area, trip over a rock, and end up in a public housing neighborhood.

ok doser

i have a canadian friend in the windsor area with a similar business, smaller but similar - most of his work is supplying jobbers in the automotive sector (which is cyclical) and he spends a huge amount of his time trying to get a more diversified clientele, in order to avoid periodic layoffs - that effort is invisible to most of his employees - some of them see him off on another "business trip" and assume he's living high on the hog, when in reality he's sweating like a line worker, trying to keep the business growing and thriving.

Another friend, similar situation, lucked into a patented synthetic rubber molding process and had exclusive contracts with the aviation industry - the tech changed, he couldn't adjust and the business failed

ok doser

Thr poor get change in a day's work, and the rich get a small fortune for a day's work.

my friends in the medical center probably made around $1800/day combined, before taxes

the janitors probably made $150 before taxes

how much should each of them pay in taxes on those earnings?

genuineoriginal

i wish cruci would ... give some indication that he's given some thought to what he's saying and isn't just parroting talking points
He is an NPC
Spoiler
Screen-Shot-2018-10-16-at-5.57.34-AM.png