A tally of about 100 anti-Calvinist threads

Lon

I just happened to be looking and am a bit surprised how many there are.

Maybe they are all 'just different enough' that they don't need to be trimmed :think:

1) Predestination removes Christ - Robert Pate
2) Predestination removes Christ - Robert Pate
3) Predestination makes God a Nazi - Robert Pate
4) Calvinism Saved before being Saved? - Robert Pate
5) Predestination makes God a Nazi - Robert Pate
6) Predestination makes God a Nazi - Robert Pate
7) Catholicism nor Calvinism can save you - Robert Pate
8) Calvinists nor Catholics are Christian - Robert Pate
9) Catholicism nor Calvinism can save you -Robert Pate
10) Neither Catholics or Calvinists are saved - Robert Pate
11) Catholicism nor Calvinism can save you - Robert Pate
12) Catholicism and Calvinism is demonic - Robert Pate
13) Calvinism isn't the Gospel -Robert Pate
14) Catholics, Calvinists cannot save you -Robert Pate
15) Calvinism and John 3:16 -Robert Pate
16) Calvinism is Demonic (deux) - Robert Pate
17) Calvinism detours the gospel - Robert Pate
18) Calvinism is of the flesh - Robert Pate
19) Calvinism is demonic (tre) -Robert Pate
20) Calvinism cannot save you (deux) -Robert Pate
21) Calvinism, Catholicism are apostasy -Robert Pate
22) Calvinism is anti-Christ -Robert Pate
23) Calvinists are hell-bound -Robert Pate
24) Calvinists are hell-bound (deux) -Robert Pate
25) No Calvinist is saved -Robert Pate
26) Calvinists deny Lordship Salvation -Robert Pate
27) Calvinism is against Lordship (deux) -Robert Pate
28) Calvinism is no way to read the Bible -Robert Pate
29) Calvinism eliminates Christ -Robert Pate
30) Calvinism predestines people to hell -Robert Pate
31) C.God predestines people to hell deux -Robert Pate
32) Gospel against Calvinism -Robert Pate
33) You don't need Calvinism -Robert Pate
34) Calvinism obscures the gospel -Robert Pate
35) Calvinism cannot save -Robert Pate
36) Calvinism is not the gospel (deux) -Robert Pate
37) Calvinism has the wrong version of God -Robert Pate
38) Calvinism is demonic (4) -Robert Pate
39) Whosoever Refutes Calvinism -Robert Pate
40) Calvinism makes God unjust -Robert Pate
41) Calvinism is a false gospel -Robert Pate
42) Calvinism predestinates, God does not -Robert Pate
43) Calvinism is demonic (5) -Robert Pate
44) Calvinism is like Catholicism -Robert Pate
45) Calvinism is against the gospel -Robert Pate
46) Calvinism is against Justification -Robert Pate
47) Calvinism says you are already reconciled so have no need for it :think: -Robert Pate
48) Calvinism is double-predestination -Robert Pate
49) Calvinism predestination is not salvation -Robert Pate
50) Calvinism is demonic (6) -Robert Pate
51) Calvinism God doesn't make us Christians -Robert Pate
52) Calvinism's Christ is not Biblical -Robert Pate
53) Calvinism is not the gospel (tre) -Robert Pate
54) Calvinism Tulip are lies -Robert Pate
55) Calvinism cannot save you (deux) -Robert Pate
56) Calvinism cannot save you (tre) -Robert Pate
57) Calvinism is a cult -Robert Pate
58) Calvinism is against the gospel (7) -Robert Pate
59) Calvinism blasphemes God -Robert Pate
60) Gospel is against Calvinism -Robert Pate

And all of this JUST since November 6 months ago! After?

61) Calvinism makes God unjust -Robert Pate
62) Calvinists are the goats God will reject -Robert Pate
See here for the next 60, 120 all, from only one year ago. 120 posts a year on the same topic.
120 a year? That's 1200 THREADS (not counting his ensuing posts!) from Robert Pate in the last ten years!!

:noway: He must REALLY hate Calvinism!!!

Last edited:

daqq

Maybe they are all 'just different enough' that they don't need to be trimmed :think:

13)

Lol, and Pate does the same thing you and yours like to do: "You're not saved", "You're outside the original faith", "You're, not one of the elect", "You don't know God", You're blah, blah, blah", so I suppose the two of you deserve what you get from each other, (Calvinism -vs- Pateism and Pateism -vs- Calvinism, blah, blah, blah, lol).

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Lol, and Pate does the same thing you and yours like to do: "You're not saved", "You're outside the original faith", "You're, not one of the elect", "You don't know God", You're blah, blah, blah", so I suppose the two of you deserve what you get from each other, (Calvinism -vs- Pateism and Pateism -vs- Calvinism, blah, blah, blah, lol).

Add "you are not a Christian because you don't believe in the trinity".

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why Say It Once When You Can Say It 340 Times?

Why Say It Once When You Can Say It 340 Times?

Robert Pate is a serial blogger. He just uses this venue to post redundantly demonstrating no moral obligation to actually engage at any level of substance. In fact, he regularly refers to the redundant threads he has started (340 at last count!) as "articles". That about sums it up.

His behavior has not gone unnoticed:

The forum was overhauled and hundreds of old threads were pruned. Started dozens of threads on pretty much the same subject and not tending to them is going overboard. You {nb: Robert Pate} actually hurt your side of the argument. While TOL does enjoy Calvinism Versus Open Theism debates, we don't need dozens of poorly tended threads on it. One or two well managed threads would be better.

A person who rejects corporate assembly, walking a solitary, Lone Ranger, path will eventually succumb to many errors. On this, Robert is a textbook example:

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...edestination&p=4402162&viewfull=1#post4402162

AMR

Last edited:

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Denial of the Trinity Places One Outside the Christian Camp

Denial of the Trinity Places One Outside the Christian Camp

"you are not a Christian because you don't believe in the trinity".
Yes, that is a very true statement, Meshak.

That is why it is called Christianity. Christ. God. The Son. God the Son. Not, some really smart man or sub-divine being. If you willfully deny who Christ is, you cannot be a Christian. You are but a worshiper of some idol created in your own mind. Christianity is all about Him, after all. :AMR:

Yet you complain about this, having joined a site where the Triune God is publicly declared:

There is one Lord, Jesus Christ, the only Son of God, eternally begotten of the Father, true God from true God, begotten, not made, of one Being with the Father.

So why do you even spend time here when it is clear your view is beyond the bounds of orthodox Christianity?
Are you a professional instigator, coming into an establishment to make trouble about its plainly stated rules?
Are you here to teach us poor ignorant folk? Then get on with it instead of complaining or filling up space with the inane.
Do you actually think you are entitled to redress? Really?

AMR

meshak

BANNED
Banned

You see, this is why doctrine of trinity is man made, using it to persecute true believers.

They seem to be so afraid or intimidated by true Christians.

Christian persecution is nothing but evil, and they don't even recognize it.

After all, those evil "God's people" did that to Jesus too and He predicted it.

Jesus does not allow killing, rather He says to "love your enemy".

You are a hoot AMR.

Brother Ducky

You see, this is why doctrine of trinity is man made, using it to persecute true believers.

You are a hoot AMR.

Just so I understand what you mean here--
Are you saying that only non-Trinitarians are true Christians?

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Unlike yourself, who often asserts this or that without substantiating your assertion with actual supporting argumentation, I and others have taken much time and effort to demonstrate from Scripture why a person who remains willfully entrenched in their denial of the Trinity cannot be considered a true Christian.

Should you find yourself willing and able to actually discuss your naked claims substantively, perhaps discussion will proceed and edify all concerned.

And, by the way, predictions assigned to the workings of the Godhead are the domain of open theism. For all others in Christendom, the members of the Trinity are not predicting anything, for they know what will happen, as that knowledge is grounded in the fact that what is known about all creation has been ordained. Ordination grounds the knowledge of God. You will find no examples in Scripture teaching that God is predicting. Rather God prophesies.

AMR

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Unlike yourself, who often asserts this or that without substantiating your assertion with actual supporting argumentation, I and others have taken much time and effort to demonstrate from Scripture why a person who remains willfully entrenched in their denial of the Trinity cannot be considered a true Christian.

Should you find yourself willing and able to actually discuss your naked claims substantively, perhaps discussion will proceed and edify all concerned.

And, by the way, predictions assigned to the workings of the Godhead are the domain of open theism. For all others in Christendom, the members of the Trinity are not predicting anything, for they know what will happen, as that knowledge is grounded in the fact that what is known about all creation has been ordained. Ordination grounds the knowledge of God. You will find no examples in Scripture teaching that God is predicting. Rather God prophesies.

AMR

I want to first commend you on explaining to Meshak that she is holding onto deadly, Anti Messiah doctrine... but extending hope and a loving offer to commune and debate with her on reasonable terms. I saw zero condemnation and honest expression of the theological matter.

I want to address your point about Open Theism. God forbid that I associate my drama and demeanor with Open Theism, but I have indeed embraced a somewhat Open Theism type understanding of "The Logos". Perhaps the marriage of the Omniciance of God... The invisible Spirit we are introduced to in Gn. 1:2 and the insinuation that God worked through the "LOGOS", to create all things, per John Chapter 1..., with the additional statements of the LOGOS become FLESH... in John 1... that "Only the Father knows the day and the hour"... and the like... But...back to the point... Perhaps the Marriage of the utter Omnipresence of the Infinite Spirit beyond time, with the Logos that seems to be Gods way of directly interacting with Creation that dwells in a finite system that waxes old with time... explains the Open Theist's assertions on an enormously scriptural level.

I'm saying this because it would show how God indeed granted free will, but did so without foreknowledge that would encroach on genuine freedom and free will. We also see how the Logos was there "before the foundation of the earth was laid".

Because John 1 states that the LOGOs was with God and Was God... and we know this very LOGOs became Flesh and Salvatuon...

We can see how Dt. 6:4 is absolute... Ga. 4:6 really brings home the majesty of the "Three that Testify".

I'm not selling anything... but... I am suggesting that Open Theism tends to focus on the LOGOs, and that Logos has a "Daddy"... don't assume that Open Theism limits God... Perhaps it explains how the Logos has a literal second by second relationship with Mankind and all creation.

After all... Daddy and Son are ONE...

Reactions: Lon

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned

Remember when I didn't have a theological bead on you? It's Over! Answer this.

How did Jesus save you?

What did the Messiah (Is. 45:5 and Is. 43:11) accomplish?

Are you SAVED?

Robert Pate

Banned

13)

Hang on to you pants, there are more to come.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

A tally of about 100 anti-Calvinist threads

TOL is an anti-Calvinist site.

[h=2][/h]

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned

That is why it is called Christianity. Christ. God. The Son. God the Son. Not, some really smart man or sub-divine being. If you willfully deny who Christ is, you cannot be a Christian. You are but a worshiper of some idol created in your own mind. Christianity is all about Him, after all. :AMR:

Yet you complain about this, having joined a site where the Triune God is publicly declared:

There is one Lord, Jesus Christ, the only Son of God, eternally begotten of the Father, true God from true God, begotten, not made, of one Being with the Father.

So why do you even spend time here when it is clear your view is beyond the bounds of orthodox Christianity?
Are you a professional instigator, coming into an establishment to make trouble about its plainly stated rules?
Are you here to teach us poor ignorant folk? Then get on with it instead of complaining or filling up space with the inane.
Do you actually think you are entitled to redress? Really?

AMR

AMR,

My 2 cents. Orthodox Christianity isn't worth a hill of beans... but hold on to your hat! I'm about to one up your statement towards [MENTION=13959]meshak[/MENTION] !!!

Meshak... you are denying Jesus Christ! Jesus in Greek means Joshua. In Hebrew it is Yeshua... but pre diaspora of the Hebrews... they recorded the name of God and in that... added a HO to Joshua...

It is actually Yehoshua! (Is. 43:11 +!Lk. 2:11 and Is. 45:5)

Now tell me... which name is Greater? YHWH/JHVH. Or "Yehoshua" which means ... The Living Breathing God is Salvation! Yup! Research it.

Guess what Name the God we see in Rv. 4:2 is going to go by? It's even tatted on his thigh! Yup! That Lamb is coming back a Lion. We won't know exactly how to say it... but it will be there on His Thigh... (Jesus Ink!!!)

(Rv. 19:16f)

Any plans to KISS THE SON? (Ps. 2:12)

Because all who deny He is GOD are going to be shocked when He comes back like this...

Last edited:

Lon

Uhm 1) I'm not complaining persay. 2) Mormonism or other cults are different from in-house disagreements as it were. Some like Pate would make it a separating issue, but really it is either a discussion about one's own lack, or about systematic theologies over the same material. It is rarely as separating as laymen make it out. All of these exist within my denominations walls (not including nonChrisitian cults).

In the end, it matters what large bodies in Christendom say. That's where you should take your cues. All this one-on-one forum stuff might seem like moving and shaking, but it really is just discussion. My endeavors are always to reflect the larger Christian bodies and help people grasp what those larger and important statements are. Christianity is about a body, a church. -Lon

Lon

You are a hoot AMR.

:think: On this particular it goes both ways? Do you believe Trinitarians are Christians? Saved?

If you are both mutual, then the point wouldn't matter: One is right, one is wrong, to the point of Salvation.

1 John 5:12 I wouldn't think you'd argue against this verse.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Uhm 1) I'm not complaining persay. 2) Mormonism or other cults are different from in-house disagreements as it were. Some like Pate would make it a separating issue, but really it is either a discussion about one's own lack, or about systematic theologies over the same material. It is rarely as separating as laymen make it out. All of these exist within my denominations walls (not including nonChrisitian cults).

In the end, it matters what large bodies in Christendom say. That's where you should take your cues. All this one-on-one forum stuff might seem like moving and shaking, but it really is just discussion. My endeavors are always to reflect the larger Christian bodies and help people grasp what those larger and important statements are. Christianity is about a body, a church. -Lon

I will simply quote this...

Spoiler contains Acts Chapter 2
Spoiler
Acts 2Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

2 The festival of Shavu‘ot arrived, and the believers all gathered together in one place. 2 Suddenly there came a sound from the sky like the roar of a violent wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting. 3 Then they saw what looked like tongues of fire, which separated and came to rest on each one of them. 4 They were all filled with the Ruach HaKodesh and began to talk in different languages, as the Spirit enabled them to speak.

5 Now there were staying in Yerushalayim religious Jews from every nation under heaven. 6 When they heard this sound, a crowd gathered; they were confused, because each one heard the believers speaking in his own language. 7 Totally amazed, they asked, “How is this possible? Aren’t all these people who are speaking from the Galil? 8 How is it that we hear them speaking in our native languages? 9 We are Parthians, Medes, Elamites; residents of Mesopotamia, Y’hudah, Cappadocia, Pontus, Asia, 10 Phrygia, Pamphylia, Egypt, the parts of Libya near Cyrene; visitors from Rome; 11 Jews by birth and proselytes; Jews from Crete and from Arabia. . . ! How is it that we hear them speaking in our own languages about the great things God has done?” 12 Amazed and confused, they all went on asking each other, “What can this mean?” 13 But others made fun of them and said, “They’ve just had too much wine!”

14 Then Kefa stood up with the Eleven and raised his voice to address them: “You Judeans, and all of you staying here in Yerushalayim! Let me tell you what this means! Listen carefully to me!

15 “These people ar en’t drunk, as you suppose — it’s only nine in the morning. 16 No, this is what was spoken about through the prophet Yo’el:

17 ‘Adonai says:
“In the Last Days,
I will pour out from my Spirit upon everyone.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
your young men will see visions,
your old men will dream dreams.
18 Even on my slaves, both men and women,
will I pour out from my Spirit in those days;
and they will prophesy.
19 I will perform miracles in the sky above
and signs on the earth below —
blood, fire and thick smoke.
20 The sun will become dark
and the moon blood
before the great and fearful Day of Adonai comes.
21 And then, whoever calls on the name of Adonai will be saved.”’[a]
22 “Men of Isra’el! Listen to this! Yeshua from Natzeret was a man demonstrated to you to have been from God by the powerful works, miracles and signs that God performed through him in your presence. You yourselves know this. 23 This man was arrested in accordance with God’s predetermined plan and foreknowledge; and, through the agency of persons not bound by the Torah, you nailed him up on a stake and killed him!

24 “But God has raised him up and freed him from the suffering of death; it was impossible that death could keep its hold on him. 25 For David says this about him:

‘I saw Adonai always before me,
for he is at my right hand,
so that I will not be shaken.
26 For this reason, my heart was glad;
and my tongue rejoiced;
and now my body too will live on in the certain hope
27 that you will not abandon me to Sh’ol
or let your Holy One see decay.
28 You have made known to me the ways of life;
you will fill me with joy by your presence.’
29 “Brothers, I know I can say to you frankly that the patriarch David died and was buried — his tomb is with us to this day. 30 Therefore, since he was a prophet and knew that God had sworn an oath to him that one of his descendants would sit on his throne, 31 he was speaking in advance about the resurrection of the Messiah, that it was he who was not abandoned in Sh’ol and whose flesh did not see decay. 32 God raised up this Yeshua! And we are all witnesses of it!

33 “Moreover, he has been exalted to the right hand of God; has received from the Father what he promised, namely, the Ruach HaKodesh; and has poured out this gift, which you are both seeing and hearing. 34 For David did not ascend into heaven. But he says,

35 ‘Adonai said to my Lord,
“Sit at my right hand
until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet.”’[c]
36 Therefore, let the whole house of Isra’el know beyond doubt that God has made him both Lord and Messiah — this Yeshua, whom you executed on a stake!”

37 On hearing this, they were stung in their hearts; and they said to Kefa and the other emissaries, “Brothers, what should we do?” 38 Kefa answered them, “Turn from sin, return to God, and each of you be immersed on the authority of Yeshua the Messiah into forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Ruach HaKodesh! 39 For the promise is for you, for your children, and for those far away — as many as Adonai our God may call!”

40 He pressed his case with many other arguments and kept pleading with them, “Save yourselves from this perverse generation!”

41 So those who accepted what he said were immersed, and there were added to the group that day about three thousand people.

42 They continued faithfully in the teaching of the emissaries, in fellowship, in breaking bread and in the prayers. 43 Everyone was filled with awe, and many miracles and signs took place through the emissaries. 44 All those trusting in Yeshua stayed together and had everything in common; 45 in fact, they sold their property and possessions and distributed the proceeds to all who were in need. 46 Continuing faithfully and with singleness of purpose to meet in the Temple courts daily, and breaking bread in their several homes, they shared their food in joy and simplicity of heart, 47 praising God and having the respect of all the people. And day after day the Lord kept adding to them those who were being saved.
What magical doctrine unified Israel (Ecclesia)? They Baptised in the name of JESUS and taught that it was ALL about JESUS... Yehoshua!!! Acts 19:5. (1 Ti. 3:16)

That was it! That was salvation! That was Ecclesia!

It's never been about ecclesia, the church or the Bible! (John 5:39)

It's ALWAYS BEEN ABOUT JESUS!!!!

Once the culmination of the Twelve was growing (Ecclesia)... the 13th but first of his kind came along. A man that was at the stoning of Steven became the emissary of Jesus Christ to the Age of the Gentiles Church.

: )

Last edited:

Lon

That was it! That was salvation! That was Ecclesia!

It's never been about ecclesia, the church or the Bible! (John 5:39)

It's ALWAYS BEEN ABOUT JESUS!!!!

Once the culmination of the Twelve was growing (Ecclesia)... the 13th but first of his kind came along. A man that was at the stoning of Steven became the emissary of Jesus Christ to the Age of the Gentiles Church.

: )

I don't disagree, but when it comes to what is true, the church has always been the caretaker. IOW, it doesn't matter what you and I believe EXCEPT as it reflects the denominations we belong to, simply because those are the only ones that ever have the authority and voice to make Orthodox statements. So, regarding Jesus, absolutely: 1 John 5:12

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Ref%20Wall%201.jpg

Monument of the Reformation; John Calvin second from left

~Haters gonna hate~