Abortion, the Pro-Life Stance, and God's Law. Abortion is Never Okay.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
What are you directing me to? What point are you trying to make?

Stuart
You wanted (or at least, made it appear that you wanted) scripture that prohibits abortion, and that link contains all the scripture that prohibits abortion.

genuineoriginal

So you believe a doctor should perform an 'accidental' abortion in the case where it is unavoidable?
By adding the word "should", you are adding intent to commit murder.
No, the doctor should not perform an "accidental" abortion, but if the death of the unborn child is unavoidable and the doctor is not doing a procedure where the sole intention is to kill the unborn child, then the doctor should not be considered guilty of murder.

Sorry, I'm not familiar with the abbreviation 'G.O.'.
Some people use G.O. as an abbreviation for genuineoriginal.

Stuu

You wanted (or at least, made it appear that you wanted) scripture that prohibits abortion, and that link contains all the scripture that prohibits abortion.
I'll just reply by citing the entire internet, which discusses the merits of the interpretation of scripture on most topics.

Take that!

Stuart

Bard_the_Bowman

Scripture, please. Specifically that abortion is not permitted.

Stuart

How about a Scripture please that says what your are implying...that everything we need must have been written in Scripture? Is there a Scripture somewhere that specifically says that?

Since abortion is killing a human baby...I think "Thou shalt not murder" would suffice for Scripture.(Exodus 20:13)

What do you think "thou shall not kill" or "thou shall not murder" means exactly?

Peace.

Stuu

By adding the word "should", you are adding intent to commit murder.
No, the doctor should not perform an "accidental" abortion, but if the death of the unborn child is unavoidable and the doctor is not doing a procedure where the sole intention is to kill the unborn child, then the doctor should not be considered guilty of murder.
So then, what of a woman who, suffering severe mental illness and forced by you to take a pregnancy to term, is very likely to attempt suicide?

Stuart

genuineoriginal

Because, when religious zealots are ranting outside an abortion clinic, they don't make much distinction between the different cases walking past them. So how would you feel in that situation? Your life is in danger and about to be saved because a foetus must be killed for you to live, and there are people shouting at you, condemning you in your time of desperate need?
Nobody that goes to an abortion clinic for an abortion is doing it for any other reason than to murder an unborn child.
You are delusional if you think otherwise.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
That sounds very arbitrary. You are making the distinction on 'innocence'?

Innocent: not guilty of a crime or offence
Baby: unable to commit a crime
Murderer: someone who has committed the capital crime of murder

You must have opposed every war in which that the US has ever been engaged.

Stuart

Unless you can show how that is relevant, I will not reply to your non-sequitur.

Stuu

In the minds of the wicked, this justifies the wanton killing of unborn children for any and all reasons.
I don't think abortion doctors are wicked, and I don't think the life-saving surgery they perform can reasonably be called wanton, and I don't think you appreciate what a deal it is for a woman to have an abortion, even without the ranting morons who picket the abortion clinics.

There are many things about christianity that should be considered wicked too, but I bet you would disagree with me as much as I disagree with you on this topic.

Stuart

Bard_the_Bowman

Obviously the god character in the Torah commands people to be killed, and it is commonly accepted that if a person is an immediate threat to others' lives then killing might be right.

So, abortion specifically?

Stuart

Yup. There are exceptions. You basically mention warfare and self-defense above.

And that is going to be how you try to justify killing a completely innocent baby?

Let's me see if I get that right: "Since there is killing in warfare, and in self-defense...well, that's it. A woman can kill her baby just because she feels like it."

That is really lame logic, man. Really, really lame.

You like Scripture references so I'm gonna ask you for one.

Can you show me where Scripture says it is ok to kill a baby "just because you feel like it?" Or maybe somewhere where God says, "It's ok to kill the baby in a womb if you feel like it?"

Peace.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I'll just reply by citing the entire internet, which discusses the merits of the interpretation of scripture on most topics.

Take that!

Stuart

You're the one who asked for scripture, doofus. I'm just giving you what you asked for.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Well, thank you. But you agree that the bible does actually discuss abortion?

Stuart

I do not believe that a medical procedure, should one exist, was ever discussed. There are different kinds of abortion. Abortion has been performed in a Hospital, where innocent life should be protected. Abortions have been performed somewhere that were not a medical procedure. I suspect that there have been abortion clinics in the United States of America and in Israel though I am uncertain about that.

Injuring or killing an unborn child is discussed. The test for adultery is not designed to destroy the life of an unborn child.

Stuu

How about a Scripture please that says what your are implying...that everything we need must have been written in Scripture? Is there a Scripture somewhere that specifically says that?

Since abortion is killing a human baby...I think "Thou shalt not murder" would suffice for Scripture.(Exodus 20:13)

What do you think "thou shall not kill" or "thou shall not murder" means exactly?

Peace.
It's not really my problem what any of that means. Clearly thou shall not kill does not mean thou shall not kill, when a command is made to slaughter the Amalekites, and in fact almost the entire population of the earth (and many tens of other examples).

But, if you read the title of the thread, it does mention 'God's Law'. So I am wondering how that claim is justified. Can you justify it specifically in regard to abortion, while being consistent with what is described in Numbers, Exodus and elsewhere?

Stuart

genuineoriginal

Well, thank you. But you agree that the bible does actually discuss abortion?

Stuart

Leviticus 201:5
1 And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,
2 Again, thou shalt say to the children of Israel, Whosoever he be of the children of Israel, or of the strangers that sojourn in Israel, that giveth any of his seed unto Molech; he shall surely be put to death: the people of the land shall stone him with stones.
3 And I will set my face against that man, and will cut him off from among his people; because he hath given of his seed unto Molech, to defile my sanctuary, and to profane my holy name.
4 And if the people of the land do any ways hide their eyes from the man, when he giveth of his seed unto Molech, and kill him not:
5 Then I will set my face against that man, and against his family, and will cut him off, and all that go a whoring after him, to commit whoredom with Molech, from among their people.​

Bard_the_Bowman

I see you have the whole thing worked out in your head. If a doctor discovers that an ectopic pregnancy is going to kill the woman, then the killing of the foetus isn't intentional, even though the doctor begins a procedure that intends to remove the foetus, thus killing it.

You are making a desperate use of semantics, one that in the end will result in people being unnecessarily distressed, but not you of course.

Stuart

Not true. There is no "desperate use of semantics". Women are in danger with an ectopic pregnancy can be in great danger. The purpose of the surgery is to save her life. Not to kill the child. The death of the child, in that case, was an unintended secondary effect of the efforts to save the mom.

And that situation is light years away from your idea of: Abortions are "necessary" whenever a woman "feels like it".

Answer this question please: What are the unborn?

Peace.

Stuu

Hmmm. I wonder how that logic of yours works with other areas of life?
Why would that be relevant? We are not discussing other areas of life.

But anyway, I'll play. Let's say I need a liver transplant, and finding a match is proving difficult, but your medical records indicate that you could be an excellent match. So I come round to your house and tell you that unless I have your liver I will likely die. Do you have the right to say no?
Abortion is "necessary" when a woman decides she "would like to".
Well, the woman's wishes will necessitate an abortion, if that is what she would like to happen. This is not an easy option, so I don't think you can put any sense of frivolity on it. It's harrowing, apparently, even without the ethically confused morons ranting outside the clinic.
Could you explain why there was an end slavery in the U.S.? Slavery was legal.
Shouldn't we have said or say: Slavery is "necessary" whenever a plantation owner decides they "would like to" have slaves?
What is the difference between slavery and working for a wage? Isn't it the conditions of work? Should humans have a choice of what happens to their own bodies, and lives? Shouldn't women have an absolute choice about what happens to their own bodies, and their lives?
Why do we allow women to vote? Shouldn't we have said or say: Forbidding women to vote is "necessary" whenever men decide "they would like to" have it that way?
We still prevent people under the age of 18 from voting. Is there a justification for that?
Your term "end a pregnancy" is killing a developing human being. So your statement really is saying: "When a woman decides that she would like to kill a developing human being."
Yes, that is exactly what I am saying.
Tell me. Why should we allow one person to kill another human being?
But specifically, why should we allow a pregnant woman to have her foetus killed? Because that is her choice, because it is her body, and you shouldn't have to have me come around to your house and demand your liver, because you have the choice over what happens to your body.

Stuart