Study: Homophobes Might Be Hidden Homosexuals

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Feel free to show any post where I have supported physical harm OR imprisonment for homosexuals. I spoke out against Kentucky Kim breaking the law and abuse of power as much as anyone here and have been extremely vocal with my support of gay marriage.

You've been consistent and I appreciate your strength of character and your clarity.

Speaking of Kentucky Kim, I wonder what she's up to these days.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

wiki said:
Davis took the oath of office as the county clerk of Rowan County on January 5, 2015, beginning a four-year term slated to end on January 7, 2019.[21] As clerk, Davis receives an annual salary of $80,000.[9][22]

looks like she's working her job and pulling in some good bank :idunno:

why do you ask?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You've been consistent and I appreciate your strength of character and your clarity.

Consistency walks hand in hand with honesty. I am not saying that my position or beliefs won't or could never change, however, I would willingly address the reasons why. And BTW, thank you.

Oh the multiple-times married Kim who committed adultery? More likely than not, she is looking for another way to put herself back in the public spotlight.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Consistency walks hand in hand with honesty. I am not saying that my position or beliefs won't or could never change, however, I would willingly address the reasons why.

:up:

Oh the multiple-times married Kim who committed adultery? More likely than not, she is looking for another way to put herself back in the public spotlight.

I just checked, and this is the first thing that came up:

Who invited Kim Davis to the State of the Union?

The lawmaker who invited Kim Davis is Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio). "Kim Davis used our ticket. Our staff heard from the Family Research Council that Ms. Davis and her family hoped to attend the State of the Union address and so we offered a ticket," he said.

Wow. :chuckle:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I just checked, and this is the first thing that came up:

Who invited Kim Davis to the State of the Union?

The lawmaker who invited Kim Davis is Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio). "Kim Davis used our ticket. Our staff heard from the Family Research Council that Ms. Davis and her family hoped to attend the State of the Union address and so we offered a ticket," he said.

Wow indeed! :rotfl:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Back to the OP:

Interesting Scientific American article from a few years ago:

Homophobes Might Be Hidden Homosexuals

"A new analysis of implicit bias and explicit sexual orientation statements may help to explain the underpinnings of anti-gay bullying and hate crimes"

Also from your link:

Controlling parents
In all of the studies, participants who reported supportive and accepting parents were more in touch with their implicit sexual orientation, meaning it tended to jibe with their outward sexual orientation. Students who indicated they came from authoritarian homes showed the biggest discrepancy between the two measures of sexual orientation.

"In a predominately heterosexual society, 'know thyself' can be a challenge for many gay individuals," lead author Netta Weinstein, a lecturer at the University of Essex in the United Kingdom,said in a statement. "But in controlling and homophobic homes, embracing a minority sexual orientation can be terrifying."

That makes a lot of sense.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame

"I don't want to be in the spotlight." Kim Davis, USA Today, Sept. 14, 2015

Poor woman, the media just won't leave her alone no matter how hard she tries. :eek:

And your bit on parental impact is important. There are twins in my son's preschool who tell the other kids that liking this or that is "girly" and they're the product of a single dad household.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
"I don't want to be in the spotlight." Kim Davis, USA Today, Sept. 14, 2015

Poor woman, the media just won't leave her alone no matter how hard she tries. :eek:

Perhaps she will be the recipient of her own variety show on A&E. :plain:

quip

BANNED
Banned
I meant it sarcastically. Homosexuals, like women, and minorities, are fighting back against abuse and mistreatment.

Then perhaps you should frame your sarcasm a touch more obvious. My apologizies if I offended. :e4e:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
The Kim Davis Lack of Variety Hour?

so here we have the three stooges, denigrating a Godly woman who took a stand against perversion

rusha, who denies that God exists

annabananahead, who doesn't know what she believes anymore

and

town, who claims to be a follower of Christ

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
so here we have the three stooges, denigrating a Godly woman who took a stand against perversion
Noting the hypocrisy of a hypocrite whose myopic approach to virtue is at best a self-parody.

rusha, who denies that God exists
A knowing falsehood. You should be Kim's opening act.

annabananahead, who doesn't know what she believes anymore
That's just what people like you like to think of anyone who doesn't think like you.

and town, who claims to be a follower of Christ
What, you don't?

Now about homophobia. You have to admit it makes sense that people with real issues at the heart of their sexuality would find those issues being out in front, publicly, the sort of thing to stir their outrage. Not saying that most people who find homosexuality objectionable fall under that, but a number of ardent public figures, where virtue is concerned, have been caught being anything but virtuous, from restroom politicians to tv evangelists with prostitutes.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Now about homophobia. You have to admit it makes sense that people with real issues at the heart of their sexuality would find those issues being out in front, publicly, the sort of thing to stir their outrage. Not saying that most people who find homosexuality objectionable fall under that, but a number of ardent public figures, where virtue is concerned, have been caught being anything but virtuous, from restroom politicians to tv evangelists with prostitutes.

Oh, but that's different. :plain:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
attending the state of the union address = "seeking the spotlight"? :freak:

You have to remember, we're talking to undercover SJW's. Their logic expires pretty quick.

I meant it sarcastically. Homosexuals, like women, and minorities, are fighting back against abuse and mistreatment.

Homosexual oppression- it's not actually oppression, they just couldn't get married. Big whoop. All the 5 percent of the 1 percent of America wanted to get married and couldn't. Half the country wages social war over it for a decade.

?
So much for things that matter more.

Now they can, and like females who have equal rights, still pretend as if there is a problem. Enjoying those quotas and favor in court systems though.