ECT WHAT THE HOLY SPIRIT THINKS ABOUT DISPENSATIONALISTS !!

Timotheos

1 Corinthians 9:16-17 KJV

Is this supposed to say that the Corinthians actually were Dispensationalists?

For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel! For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me.​

This doesn't say that either Paul or the Corinthians were Dispensationalists.

Here is that passage in a more understandable translation, the ESV:
For if I preach the gospel, that gives me no ground for boasting. For necessity is laid upon me. Woe to me if I do not preach the gospel!For if I do this of my own will, I have a reward, but if not of my own will, I am still entrusted with a stewardship.​

Here is 1 Cor 9:17 in the original Greek, in case you might think that the ESV removed the Dispensations in some antidisp conspiracy:
εἰ γὰρ ἑκὼν τοῦτο πράσσω, μισθὸν ἔχω· εἰ δὲ ἄκων, οἰκονομίαν πεπίστευμαι. for if I willingly do this, I have my wages, but if unwillingly, a stewardship is entrusted (to me).

Is Dispensationalism one of those doctrines that people want to believe no matter what? Have I accidentally wandered into a minefield? I thought it was kind of funny that the OP said that Dispensationalists were a sweet smelling aroma to the Holy Spirit. I always thought of dispensationalism as a harmless oddity, with their funny little charts and diagrams.
God Himself is a dispensationalist.
It's just too comical to pass up, but I know that the Bible doesn't say that God is a dispie.

musterion

God is a dispensationalist. He invented it.

Every professing believer on TOL is a dispensationalist of one sort or another.

Cross Reference

This is so odd.

Okay (sigh), show me the passage in the Bible that makes you think that God studied the Bible under Schofield.

Wasn't it Clarence Larkin, a "one arm paperhanger", who dreamed up the whole mess that C.I. bought into? I think so. He is the one who is responsible for all the charts the "one message baptist" folk paint on their "chicken dinner serving" walls in the attempt to impress sinners with their intellectual prowess.

Timotheos

It's already been pointed out in this thread. Can you not read, Timmy?

I see where you made the stupid claim that God Himself is a Dipensationalist. I haven't seen any proof that God really is a dispie. Why don't you just post the Chapter and Verse, so that I can read it?

By the way, you are an idiot.

Timotheos

Wasn't it Clarence Larkin, a "one arm paperhanger", who dreamed up the whole mess that C.I. bought into? I think so. He is the one who is responsible for all the charts the "one message baptist" folk paint on their "chicken dinner serving" walls in the attempt to impress sinners with their intellectual prowess.

I don't know if Larkin invented it or simply bought into it.
Didn't Darby invent Dispensationalism? CI made it popular with his version of the Bible. Suddenly people could see Dispensations in their own Bible. (And Make idiotic claims that God is a Dispensationalist. It probably says this in the Schofield Reference Bible.)

musterion

The pertinent Scriptures have been shown to you, many times. Why should I assume you're worth serious discussion again, if you can't be bothered to find out how to spell a man's name correctly, Timmy?

Timotheos

The pertinent Scriptures have been shown to you, many times. Why should I assume you're worth serious discussion again, if you can't be bothered to find out how to spell a man's name correctly, Timmy?

I don't care what you have to say. I simply asked to see the chapter and verse that says "God is a Dispensationalist". Obviously you can't produce that, so you have to insult me.

oatmeal

Hi and it is true !

Who was to FULFIL or COMPLETE the word of God in Col 1:25 !!

#2 , Who was Paul writing to in 1 Cor- Philrmon ?

#3 , Paul given a Dispensation in 1 cOR 9:17 ?

#3 , Eph 3:3 says that he wrote about the MYSTERY before in a FEW WORDS as in Rom 16:25 !!

#4 , Paul warns those who have " Fallen from Grace ".

#5 , Those that have fallen are ACCURSED ,

#5 , It means to fall from Grace to keeping the Law and it's teaching of Baptism and Tongue and do PREFER to remain INFANTS or Babes .:shut:::bang:

dan p

I am sure that since God's plan for redemption included various dispensations or administrations as I prefer to call them, God approves those people who at least recognize His wisdom to set up the various dispensations

If we all had to live under the garden rules and kept getting kicked further and further away from God, that would not be fun nor fundamental

How much worse could it be to have the adversary have more and more power and authority?

Timotheos

Heir (I'm pretty sure it was) has already shown you.
Like how I just called you an idiot two posts back?

Heir showed me the word in the King James Version. Actually, all the post said was "1 Corinthians 9:16-17 KJV". Not much help. When I looked it up, it didn't say ANYTHING about God, Paul, or the Corinthians being Dispensationalists.

Didn't you read my response? CAN you read? Are you an idiot or aren't you? I can't tell from your posts. It really seems like you are an idiot. Can you show me any reason to believe that you are not an idiot? You said "God is a Dispensationalist". That makes you an idiot. God was around long before 1800 when the doctrine of Dispensationalism was invented. You might as well say "God drove Adam and Eve out of the Garden in Model A Ford".

Cross Reference

I don't know if Larkin invented it or simply bought into it.
Didn't Darby invent Dispensationalism? CI made it popular with his version of the Bible. Suddenly people could see Dispensations in their own Bible. (And Make idiotic claims that God is a Dispensationalist. It probably says this in the Schofield Reference Bible.)

I think you have it right. I overlooked Darby being in the mix. He must have been a strange 'duck' to seemingly embrace much that has been a source of argument for many.

RE C.I.S.: I believe He took the KJV and changed its wording to make it fit his idiot-ology__ not all. Just some.

Timotheos

Musterion, when I say that you are an idiot it is only to help you.
Otherwise you wouldn't know that you are an idiot, and you won't seek help. It's like that drool on your chin. How will you know to use a napkin unless I say "Dear Musty, wipe the drool off your chin"? When you babble, you don't really know what you are babbling about. I am here to help.

Timotheos

I think you have it right. I overlooked Darby being in the mix. He must have been a strange 'duck' to seemingly embrace much that has been a source of argument for many.

RE C.I.S.: I believe He took the KJV and changed its wording to make it fit his idiot-ology__ not all. Just some.

Thanks for the Larkin reference. It's good to know the source of the drawings that dispies use. Dispensationalism just isn't any fun without the drawings.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Here is that passage in a more understandable translation, the ESV:
I don't have any problem with sixth grade English. No need to post a (per) version.

As to Paul not being a "dispensationalist". What is it that you believe he was chosen for? Christ already had 12 men (and with Judas replaced by Matthias, restoring to 12) who would sit on 12 thrones judging the 12 tribes of Israel. What was God going to use Paul for?