The beginning of the demise of TV is when...

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
enhanced-buzz-22212-1310505615-24.jpg

...From a long line of Sodomites. :burnlib:

Last edited:

Lon

I reckon Mayor STP thinks that this is an indication that "The Great Trib" is nearer than we think.

Discuss.
Your threads have me asking the question: Who are the top Godly/Christian television characters from television?

Which 5 or 10 readily come to mind?

1. I've lately been enjoying Last Man Standing with Tim Allen. He deals with real problems like a pregnant teen daughter and somewhat liberal Christian wife, but I've appreciated a lot of the writing on the show dedicated to lifting up the name of the Lord Jesus Christ on many of the episodes.

My favorite line on Last Man Standing Vanessa Baxter (Tim Allen's wife) says to their atheist son-in-law: "Ryan, the rest of the family is really going to miss you in heaven."

2. Uncle Jed, according to Jethro, could quote the bible backwards and forwards. Though naïve, they always took in the stranger, always were blessings to their community, even cantankerous ol' Granny. I know a lot of those kind of Jesus-hearted-people.

3. Mayberry in general. They all attended church and prayed and though there is no overt gospel, the effects of living in a Christian community are seen and lauded on the show.

4..... I'm still mulling such a list over. Any other candidates come readily to mind for all of you?

I may reserve 4 here for Blue Bloods. They are a Catholic family and pray at every meal and discuss how their faith interacts with their family values and lives as police officers and a DA

Last edited:

Lon

I reckon that he learned it from Greg, who had an "affair" with Carol/Florence:
Well, actors vs characters in such cases. The writers on these shows are probably the Christians, or at least are accurate enough to portray them fairly well. I had only heard that Barry Williams had a crush on Florence, not that anything came of it?

john w

Hall of Fame
Your threads have me asking the question: Who are the top Godly/Christian television characters from television?

Which 5 or 10 readily come to mind?

1. I've lately been enjoying Last Man Standing with Tim Allen. He deals with real problems like a pregnant teen daughter and somewhat liberal Christian wife, but I've appreciated a lot of the writing on the show dedicated to lifting up the name of the Lord Jesus Christ on many of the episodes.

2. Uncle Jed, according to Jethro, could quote the bible backwards and forwards. Though naïve, they always took in the stranger, always were blessings to their community, even cantankerous ol' Granny. I know a lot of those kind of Jesus-hearted-people.

3. Mayberry in general. They all attended church and prayed and though there is no overt gospel, the effects of living in a Christian community are seen and lauded on the show.

4..... I'm still mulling such a list over. Any other candidates come readily to mind for all of you?

I may reserve 4 here for Blue Bloods. They are a Catholic family and pray at every meal and discuss how their faith interacts with their family values and lives as police officers and a DA

"The Waltons." That show would never even be considered to be aired, today, in this age of "Open Minded-ness," "Sophistication," "Tolerance," and all that jazz...., the Christ rejecting world oh so loves, savors.

"Leave It To Beaver."

I suspect Eddie Haskell, however, Lon, was a "type" of the antichrist.

Lon

"The Waltons." That show would never even be considered to be aired, today, in this age of "Open Minded-ness," "Sophistication," "Tolerance," and all that jazz...., the Christ rejecting world oh so loves, savors.

"Leave It To Beaver."

I suspect Eddie Haskell, however, Lon, was a "type" of the antichrist.
Good vote on both and LOL on that "Haskell boy" in my best Hugh Beaumont voice.

Little House on the Prarie, and Lorne Greene both on Bonanza and oddly, Battle Star Galactica. He mentioned God often, though as an adult it is too cheesy for me to watch very long. "Felbacarb!" as Starbuck'd say.

john w

Hall of Fame
Good vote on both and LOL on that "Haskell boy" in my best Hugh Beaumont voice.

Little House on the Prarie, and Lorne Greene both on Bonanza and oddly, Battle Star Galactica. He mentioned God often, though as an adult it is too cheesy for me to watch very long. "Felbacarb!" as Starbuck'd say.

"Bonanza" rocks-one of my favorites!

Curious, though, that Lorne Greene was only 11 years older than Pernell Roberts(Adam) and Hoss(Dan Blocker). Think he was from Arkansas? Uh, oh....

Reactions: Lon

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Well, actors vs characters in such cases. The writers on these shows are probably the Christians, or at least are accurate enough to portray them fairly well...

...Portray them well. They're good at playing church (Eccl 10:2, Jn 10:10).

The wickedness of Sodom ([Ex 20:14] heterosexual [Lev. 20:10–12] or homosexual [Lev. 20:10,13]) was notorious (Gen. 13:13). :burnlib:

Danoh

Didn't care its overly emotional tone much, but the star family on Little House on the Prairie were a God fearin, church goin family.

Seems that would be the way to go today; a show that takes place in the past.

Reactions: Lon

Danoh

I loved watching "The Rifleman" as a kid! I still like westerns. I wish they'd make some, again.

Lucas McCain was and remains rare. A bad dude with a rifle who went to church regularly and often mentioned "the Good Book" and or "the Good Lord" to his son, and lived according to his beliefs about that.

Lon

...Portray them well. They're good at playing church (Eccl 10:2, Jn 10:10).

The wickedness of Sodom ([Ex 20:14] heterosexual [Lev. 20:10–12] or homosexual [Lev. 20:10,13]) was notorious (Gen. 13:13). :burnlib:

Matthew 10:14-15 Why will it be easier for Sodom and Gomorrah than the town that rejects the good news? I'm not really wanting to overtly derail the thread but as it falls in line with some of the actors, even from some of these better shows, it may be worth discussing.

Are you suggesting we never watch television or movies? I don't watch much of either, but what is your advice?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Matthew 10:14-15 Why will it be easier for Sodom and Gomorrah than the town that rejects the good news? I'm not really wanting to overtly derail the thread but as it falls in line with some of the actors, even from some of these better shows, it may be worth discussing.

Are you suggesting we never watch television or movies? I don't watch much of either, but what is your advice?

TV built America in certain ways since the 50s or so. What would we be without TV ?