You deserve this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That is in part a big reason why some women shudder by the mention of these things and launch into attack mode because they have grown so used to an idea that they are simply entitled to such an allowance that they simply do not want to acknowledge the real reality of it.
No one here has shuttered by the mention of these things.
That's just more of your fantasy.

No one here has denied that some men (as well as women) have gotten a raw deal in court.
That's just more of your fantasy also.

Who needs to acknowledge reality now?
:think:
Oh, YOU!!!

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

No one here has denied that some men (as well as women) have gotten a raw deal in court.

Oh, YOU!!!

Feminist!!!

glorydaz

Well then, buddy, TOL is not a feminized society.
GD and I are both women, and we criticize each others opinion on certain matters.
Bybee and I are both women, and we criticize each others opinion on certain matters.
Rusha and I are both women, and we criticize each others opinion on certain matters.
Angel and I are both women, and we criticize each others opinion on certain matters.

And what's more, I'm still good friends with them all.

The "elephant" you see here is only in your imagination.
Maybe there really is that elephant somewhere, but not here.

I think it is here, Tam.

In fact, I know for a fact it's right here and alive and well. It has torn apart friendships and it's sidelined some very godly men who have found it unprofitable to even voice their opinion because of the backlash.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned

Oh, YOU!!!

Your dishonesty shows right in your post. You try to hide the issue by saying that 'men and women get a raw deal at court'.

Domestic courts have a gigantic bias that is well known to be in favor of women. It is also a statistical and observed fact that in court systems across the board, women are shown more leniency than women.

So.. reality- don't use that word anymore. You simply refuse to make an account of the problem.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Your dishonesty shows right in your post. You try to hide the issue by saying that 'men and women get a raw deal at court'.

Domestic courts have a gigantic bias that is well known to be in favor of women. It is also a statistical and observed fact that in court systems across the board, women are shown more leniency than women.

So.. reality- don't use that word anymore. You simply refuse to make an account of the problem.

IF it's so well know, you won't have a problem providing a link.

Seriously, it's not like anyone should just take your word for it.

1PeaceMaker

IF it's so well know, you won't have a problem providing a link.

Seriously, it's not like anyone should just take your word for it.

Agreed.

The statistics may very well reveal a wisdom from the judges in putting babies with their mothers who breastfeed them and look after them in infancy. Primary care-giver bonding is no laughing matter.

Men can literally breastfeed, and if they have done so, then they can get as much consideration in matters of custody.

As the child ages it still matters who did all that breastfeeding and babysitting. That parent did the heaviest bonding. That child feels the bond. As long as the primary care giver is being responsible it's obvious what the child needs.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I can and I do and what is the response I get from you gals?
You get mocked for your opinion.
Oh, just like you do to others!!!!

I'm not allowed to have the opinion that stripping is immoral.
Since when?
You can post it again and again, as you have.
Your choice.
No one is twisting your arm.

I'm accused of being sick and evil,
Well, I'll be darn.
Me too!!!

of defending the rapists
I've never said you defend rapists.

while blaming the victims.
You have done that.

All a pack of lies to shut down the dialogue. Therefore, discussions are NOT ALLOWED to take place.
Dialogue gets shut down by closing a thread.
Is this thread closed?
No.

And even if it were to be closed, you could start another about strippers being immoral, unless specifically told not to by the mods.
Have the mods forbidden you to say strippers are immoral???

Not a one of you will admit that strippers are doing anything wrong....anything deserving of any consequences, whatsoever.
That's bull.
I have said that stripping is not moral.
Where we parted was about a stripper DESERVING to have their body raped because they were stripping.
Nor do I think a rapist DESERVES to have his body raped because he is a rapist.
It's wrong to rape someone.

What you refuse to admit is that there are some situations where women (like all people everywhere) DO deserve to suffer for their bad behavior....even including rape and death if the Lord so allows.
If the Lord so allows it, it was deserved?
OK, let's try that out and see if you really believe it.
The Lord has allowed me to strongly disagree with and mock your opinion on rape victims.
You must have deserved it if the Lord allowed it.

* discussion and dialogue are not allowed here
That's just bull.
You are still giving your opinion, right here, right now in this thread!!!

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Agreed.

The statistics may very well reveal a wisdom from the judges in putting babies with their mothers who breastfeed them and look after them in infancy. Primary care-giver bonding is no laughing matter.

Men can literally breastfeed, and if they have done so, then they can get as much consideration in matters of custody.

As the child ages it still matters who did all that breastfeeding and babysitting. That parent did the heaviest bonding. That child feels the bond. As long as the primary care giver is being responsible it's obvious what the child needs.

Exactly ...

My ex was a truck driver and would sometimes be gone weeks at a time. When my oldest daughter spent her first two weeks on life support, he visited her one time as compared to my daily visits until I was able to bring her home.

Much to the contrary of what the new guy claims, the decision was agreed to by both of us that I would keep sole physical custody.

glorydaz

That's bull.

That's just bull.

You are still giving your opinion, right here, right now in this thread!!!

Oops, all those words and not a thing that comes close to having a dialogue or a discussion.

Giving opinions isn't the same as having a dialogue or a discussion. If I give my opinion and you tell me I'm wrong without addressing any of the points I've made, then it's not a discussion. As I've said....discussions are not allowed to take place on these topics. Dialogue is shut down before it can even begin.

Smart aleck remarks may be very entertaining and they may allow you to let off some steam, but it closes down all dialogue quite effectively. I can certainly play that game, and I have, but there will never be a discussion taking place as long as you insist on being so emotionally invested....as long as you insist on attacking the messenger. You don't like what's said so you dog pile the one who said it. You've been here long enough to recognize what's going on, but you're in the dog pile, so you must not see what you've been doing.

And, you just succeeded in making me sorry I ever tried to engage you in a conversation. You're exactly like Rusha and Bybee when they get on their high horse. This exact same attitude of yours has been ongoing since the very first rape thread that was posted. I could hardly believe it was you. Yes, Tam, you are coming down on the side of women's libbers on this topic. If you deny it, then you're only fooling yourself. It's why you get high fives from RUSHA. Think about it.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I think it is here, Tam.
Then God allowed it.
Accept it as your consequence.

In fact, I know for a fact it's right here and alive and well. It has torn apart friendships and it's sidelined some very godly men who have found it unprofitable to even voice their opinion because of the backlash.
Maybe TOL is not the place for them, if they react to opposing opinions by keeping silent.
Opposing opinions is what keeps TOL active.

On a side note, I have heard some say that YOU are the reason they keep silent about some things.
Did you "shut them down" and "not allow them to voice their opinion"?
Or was it their own choice to do so?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Oops, all those words and not a thing that comes close to having a dialogue or a discussion.

Giving opinions isn't the same as having a dialogue or a discussion. If I give my opinion and you tell me I'm wrong without addressing any of the points I've made, then it's not a discussion. As I've said....discussions are not allowed to take place on these topics. Dialogue is shut down before it can even begin.

Smart aleck remarks may be very entertaining and they may allow you to let off some steam, but it closes down all dialogue quite effectively. I can certainly play that game, and I have, but there will never be a discussion taking place as long as you insist on being so emotionally invested....as long as you insist on attacking the messenger. You don't like what's said so you dog pile the one who said it. You've been here long enough to recognize what's going on, but you're in the dog pile, so you must not see what you've been doing.

And, you just succeeded in making me sorry I ever tried to engage you in a conversation. You're exactly like Rusha and Bybee when they get on their high horse. This exact same attitude of yours has been ongoing since the very first rape thread that was posted. I could hardly believe it was you. Yes, Tam, you are coming down on the side of women's libbers on this topic. If you deny it, then you're only fooling yourself. It's why you get high fives from RUSHA. Think about it.
Well, talk about being "emotionally invested".

I hated your view of rape victims as much as you hated mine.
And we both let each other know it.

I got some high fives from folks that agreed with my opinion.
And you got some high fives from folks that agreed with your opinion.

But I didn't cast you aside as a friend because of any of it.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Agreed.

:rotfl:
That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

I'm slowly realizing that there's more people than I thought who simply just don't know jack about domestic issues and the status therein.

glorydaz

Then God allowed it.
Accept it as your consequence.

I hate seeing you mock God that way. Yes, God certainly does allow all things...or they wouldn't occur to begin with. So if you like making light of His power, then I guess you're free to do so.

Why would it be a "consequence" for me? The fact that you shut down dialogue has no real effect on me, but on this web site and posters in general. I could care less if you understand the biblical principle of sowing and reaping or not. I do think it's a shame when any mob runs amok the way you're doing here. But, I'd hardly consider it a consequence for me. I'm merely trying to stop the madness.

Maybe TOL is not the place for them, if they react to opposing opinions by keeping silent.
Opposing opinions is what keeps TOL active.

On a side note, I have heard some say that YOU are the reason they keep silent about some things.
Did you "shut them down" and "not allow them to voice their opinion"?
Or was it their own choice to do so?

You'd do well to pay less attention to the gossips on TOL, then you would be able to rise above such things.

Personally, I count it all joy when I fall into diverse temptations.

But, having a mob of women's libbers shutting down dialogue, the way you and the others are doing, is making this place less appealing for us all. I simply rebuke you for the good of TOL. :)

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

You just keep looking more foolish.

I have said here at TOL that I don't think women flooding the work force was good.
I have said that a woman's place in the home.
I have said that it is a shame that woman can choose to be a mother or not (abortion), but men can have no say in it.
I have said that men have a greater responsibility than women.

So your ignorance in trying to paint me as a feminist is just downright hilarious!!

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm slowly realizing that you few don't know jack about domestic issues.

:think: I know enough to have been awarded SOLE PHYSICAL custody over all of my children.

Insofar as listening to more of your woes on domestic issues, sorry ... I am fresh out of hankies.

Status
Not open for further replies.