Why men won't marry you

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Well, how about setting up a poll where we can quantify the results of those who think it's perfectly reasonable to beat a spouse - even until death - and those who think it's abhorrent and sick.

You wanna set it up?

Which is worse:

a) Bias against men in domestic court; woman takes all

b) Women gets sense knocked into her upon acting like an irate lunatic

I'm not expecting you to answer that honestly, so I'll just say that (a) is worse, and it is legal.

You and everyone like you turning your head to that is 'abhorrent and sick'.

bybee

Which is worse:

I'm not expecting you to answer that honestly, so I'll just say that (a) is worse, and it is legal.

You define yourself as victim. Why is that?

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
There isn't anything fallacious about being passionately opposed to unjustifiable violence Trad.

I agree that one should be opposed to unjustifiable violence. I simply deny that every case of beating a woman is unjustifiable violence.

There's no intelligent argument to be made for it.

Lovely. Then I'm sure that you'll have no problem reviewing the arguments I gave earlier and showing precisely which premises are false, why they are false, or, otherwise, why the inferences are faulty.

Arthur Brain

Which is worse:

'A' would depend on a case by case basis. There are times where the wife is entitled to such in her favour.

There's no case where either a woman or man deserve to be 'lawfully' beaten up by their partner.

Got that?

Yay...

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Which is worse:

Interesting story.

Arthur Brain

I agree that one should be opposed to unjustifiable violence. I simply deny that every case of beating a woman is unjustifiable violence.

Short of self defence or protecting someone there is no justification for it.

Lovely. Then I'm sure that you'll have no problem reviewing the arguments I gave earlier and showing precisely which premises are false, why they are false, or, otherwise, why the inferences are faulty.

See above. You've presented nothing to justify a man beating his wife up to the point of death. You're just a precocious little guy with delusions of intellectual grandeur and you know nothing of life.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Short of self defence or protecting someone there is no justification for it.

See above. You've presented nothing to justify a man beating his wife up to the point of death. You're just a precocious little guy with delusions of intellectual grandeur and you know nothing of life.

At this point, you're just saying: "I disagree!" You are sticking your fingers in your ears and going: "LALALALA! I CAN'T HEAR YOU! LALALALA!"

At that point, why even bother poking your head in to throw insults? You're just wasting my time and yours.

If you want to address my arguments, then by all means, do so. If you don't want to address my arguments, then I certainly won't force you to do so. But your emotive, baseless outbursts aren't helpful to anyone.

Arthur Brain

At this point, you're just saying: "I disagree!" You are sticking your fingers in your ears and going: "LALALALA! I CAN'T HEAR YOU! LALALALA!"

At that point, why even bother poking your head in to throw insults? You're just wasting my time and yours.

If you want to address my arguments, then by all means, do so. If you don't want to address my arguments, then I certainly won't force you to do so. But your emotive, baseless outbursts aren't helpful to anyone.

I disagree, the law disagrees, any rational person with a grounding in common sense, morality and reality disagrees, so suck it up Trad.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Another obvious example in which it should be perfectly permissible, and, in fact, legally encouraged, to beat one's wife:

I was watching a murder documentary a while back. A man's wife takes a younger lover. She even moves him into their house and permanently kicks the husband out of their bedroom, consigning him...either to the couch or to another bedroom. I forget which. She then permits the young man's friends to hang over at their house, drink alcohol, etc.

They ultimately ended up murdering the husband, if I recall correctly.

In my view, the State should delegate its right of violence in such cases to the offended party.

The husband should have been legally permitted and encouraged to beat his wife until either:

1. She saw reason

or

2. She died.

It should have been a perfectly legitimate legal defense for the husband to have walked into court, pointed to his wife's dead body and said: "Your honor, I tried to beat some sense into my wife, but the thing just could not be done. No matter how hard I punched her in the face, she just didn't seem to 'get it.'"

Had he done so, and had it been legal for him to do so, I assure you, everyone would be better off now.

[And yes, Rusha, I'll gladly say the same thing in the case of a male offender. The wife's relatives should be able to give the same legal defense in such a case, were the husband to move a lover into their household, etc.]

I can only hope this post is a horrible joke. :plain:

THall

Here's a grown up reality for you:

Why women won't marry you

10. You are a disrespectful male.
(Women seek respect as men seek love).

9. You have a low and poor level of self care, dude.
(You prove every day you are incapable of
taking care of yourself much less other things).

8. You have an unattractive shape, dude.
(see point 9, and lay off the beer chubby).

7. You have unattractive skin and teeth, dude.
(see point 9).

6. You have a negative attitude and express it, dude.
(no one wants to spend their life around Doug Downer).

5. You are a misogynist. (no one likes haters, not even women).

4. You are unjust, and prejudicial in favor of men.
(no one wants to live with a twisted loser, dude.)

3. You are a male concubine not a husband. (If you can't set boundaries for your own behavior before marriage, you are not worth
the risk).

2. You are on a prideful emotional roller coaster, dude. Seriously. (Women enjoy crazy for a short time, not a life time. God tells you to serve your wife, and your ego can't get past the idea that you don't make the rules).

1. You serve yourself rather than God. (You can't imagine the
effort you would have to put out to be an Ephesians 5:25 man).

Sorry if the truth bothers you, see point 2, then point 1.

Got to wonder if you ever had and
original thought?

Copycat much?

Change the subject much?

Deflect much?

I have been happily married for
42 years......and you?

My list came from my wife, your list
came from your resentment and shame.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
I disagree, the law disagrees, any rational person with a grounding in common sense, morality and reality disagrees, so suck it up Trad.

And you're simply wrong. If you insist on making an ad populum argument, then why don't we include "the democracy of the dead," so to speak, as an acquaintance of mine often likes to say? If we take a vote from that democracy, you'll likely find that they vote in favor of my position, not in favor of yours.

The modern, contemporary world is a minority party in the "democratic proceedings" of the whole history of the human race.