a whore for the republican party

PureX

I know a young man with a good job, a wife and kids, paying over $1000 a month for basic health insurance. There's something very wrong with that.
Especially when the problem has been solved, all around the world, long ago.

1151_1127945390573274_8163048364272675669_n.jpg

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Especially when the problem has been solved, all around the world, long ago.

It was tough to get past the typo in your chart title because I could really use some Heath care, but I persevered. :eek:

Heath_Bar.jpg

Yes, there has to be a better system, both for care and for pharmaceuticals. People who have good health benefits through their employers may be unaware of the size of the premiums paid by employees of smaller businesses, or the private plans of self-employed or under-employed. And want or need a drug not on the formulary? Forget about it. Once I was prescribed something that wasn't on the formulary - it was over $700. Needless to say, I went without.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Cruz is the winner! Woo Woo! :banana:

wait for it....

:the_wave::the_wave::the_wave::the_wave::the_wave::the_wave:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
happy trump did not win
but
why don't we know how many democrats voted?
they are keeping it a secret
why isn't the media asking about this?
it would show many democrats crossed over to the republican caucus
we are not supposed to know about this

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
happy trump did not win
but
why don't we know how many democrats voted?
they are keeping it a secret
why isn't the media asking about this?
it would show many democrats crossed over to the republican caucus
we are not supposed to know about this

There's a big red Drudge banner that says "Clinton 700 Sanders 695." Are those the numbers you're looking for?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
here are the numbers reported

year - democrat - republican

2008 - 239000 - 120000

2016 - 171000 - 189000

looks like 70000 democrats crossed over to the republican caucus

the numbers really don't add up
but
it was not a record turnout

why is this not being reported???

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
here are the numbers reported

year - democrat - republican

2008 - 239000 - 120000

2016 - 171000 - 189000

looks like 70000 democrats crossed over to the republican caucus

the numbers really don't add up
but
it was not a record turnout

why is this not being reported???

Not a record turnout? the story you posted says it was a record turnout...glad to see people are getting away from the felon & the marxist though. :thumb:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
the last three may not be true
based on

How Exactly Do The Iowa Caucuses Work?

Part of me likes the way the Democrats do it, but I imagine that can be an intimidating process. You really have to be concerned about politics and confident in what you believe. I bet they get a better quality of 'voter' though.

Republicans are closer to normal voting, but the dynamic is still a bit different from voting in a booth.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Iowa is still just Iowa. They've been wrong more than they've been right.

True, but in combination with NH it really helps with momentum. The article that chrys linked to earlier said that the only person to eventually become president after losing both Iowa and NH was Bill Clinton.

If it's such a small percentage, then why all the attention? This is all about momentum. For perspective on how vital these early contests can be, just one person in the past 40 years — on either side — has lost both Iowa and New Hampshire and gone on to be president: Bill Clinton.

And I'll take this opportunity to reiterate my dislike of the primary system we have. There should be no momentum helping to determine who wins (not momentum from actual voting). All primaries/caucuses should be on the same day and whoever wins wins.