ECT Article gets "the mystery" wrong

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Whoa, it was anticipated the whole time. "Behold the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world." It was the same Gospel throughout, Lk 4:18 etc.

That's correct.

Christ Jesus taught about the kingdom with parables.

However, the Old Covenant and the law of Moses was still in place until the blood of Christ Jesus was shed on the cross, which put the New Covenant in place.

Interplanner

That's correct.

However, the Old Covenant and the law of Moses was still in place until the blood of Christ Jesus was shed on the cross, which put the New Covenant in place.

And yet the first miracle (the double impact of healing and forgiving sins) was done to demonstrate His authority on earth to divinely forgive sins. Show more anticipatory power, please.

Interplanner

Is, presently, yes and it's called the gospel of Christ. It is the good news that Christ died for our sins and that He was buried and rose again the third day (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV). It is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth (at the time Paul wrote it to the Jew first and also to the Greek, but today to all men without distinction 1 Timothy 2:4 KJV). That is not the "same gospel" that was preached in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John nor by Peter in Acts 2,3,4,5,...Don't be ignorant.

"There is no other name by which we may be saved." It takes the same Gospel to be able to say that. The reason that is said is because this preaching of the apostles is partly eschatological; it is the end of time as far as they know. Israel is ideally supposed to take the Gospel to the ends of the earth and then the end comes. The rebellious wing of Israel is decimated at the city and temple, Dan 9. So salvation is eschatological, which means it is justification from sins, like Rom 3 says; it is the same Gospel. "Salvation" in this apostolic expression is about that, not about a 2nd program theocracy restored to Israel. The unity is formidable, not perplexing.

john w

Hall of Fame
No, there is only one Gospel. The Lamb (sacrifice) of God.

"No, there is only one Gospel."=No, there is only one piece of good news in the bible=satanic, and another droid, on record, who has "beatified" "saint" Judas, asserting that Judas preached the good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV.

Made up, and directly from the pits of hell.

john w

Hall of Fame
That's correct.

The habitual liar of TOL, Craigie, caught, again:

"But, remember, the Law of Moses was still in place after the cross...God didn't flick a lightswitch that in a split second switched the entire planet from OC to NC.Hebrews tells us that the OC was "waxing" and would soon be obsolete..... We know that the OC was completely gone in 70AD...Of course the law of Moses was part of the Old Covenant.... The unbelieving Jews had their temple and city destroyed for good in 70AD. That marked the end of the old covenant, the law and prophets, etc."-Preterist Plagiarizer Craigie

vs.

"The law was nailed to the cross...The law was abolished at the cross..."-Tellalie

the Old Covenant and the law of Moses was still in place until the blood of Christ Jesus was shed on the cross-Craigie

Who taught the law, until the blood of Christ Jesus was shed on the cross, you Preterist punk, deceiver?

He has been asked this, over 50 times, and the punk won't touch that question, or these, which Tellalie the fraud will not answer:

Who taught the law, in the OT, to the children of Israel?
-Who taught the law, in Matthew-John, which was OC, prior to the dbr?
-Who taught the "early Acts" believers, to adhere to the law, including the feasts, "the appointed feasts," such as Pentecost?--Who taught the OC/"Old Testament,"from the cross, until AD 70, since you say that the OC did not end until AD 70-"transition period...God did not flip a lightswitch"?
-Who taught the law to Paul, the Galatians.............per?:

Galatians 3:24 KJV Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

Josephus? Wikipedia?
-The Lord Jesus Christ spoke only the words of God the Father(as all prophets did-God's spokesman)-he taught the Savior, what to say. Go on record, and assert that God the Father did not teach him to teach the law.
-Tell us why the Lord Jesus Christ kept the law, a law, that He never taught. Go ahead.

"The law brought me, and brings others to Christ..."-Craigie

Who taught you the law, satanist?

I thought it was "nailed to the cross?"

Does the law serve to bring others to Christ today?

-Who taught the law to Paul, the Galatians.............per?:

Galatians 3:24 KJV Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

Who taught Peter, the law, to bring him to Christ?

"God didn't flick a lightswitch that in a split second switched the entire planet from OC to NC.Hebrews tells us that the OC was "waxing" and would soon be obsolete. We know that the OC was completely gone in 70AD."-Tet.

"But, remember, the Law of Moses was still in place."-Tellalie Craigie

Whose directive was to keep the OC, still in place, which included the law, post dbr?

Why do you lie, when you asserted that the law was "nailed to the cross...abolished at the cross," when you assert that it lasted until 70 AD?

Rhetorical-children of the devil, are taught to lie habitually, like you.

Who taught the Acts believers, the law, to bring them to Christ?

Who taught the thousands, to observe Pentecost, in Acts?

Again, who taught you, if you are saved, the law, to bring you to Christ?

Who taught Paul, to go into the synagogues, reserved only for Torah/law keeping, followers?

Who taught Peter, John, to go to the temple,reserved only for Torah/law keeping, followers?

Who taught those that were "zealous of the law," in Acts?

Acts 22:12 KJV

And one Ananias, a devout man according to the law, having a good report of all the Jews which dwelt there,

Who sent this "devout man according to the law," to Saul/Paul?

Acts 21:20 KJV

And when they heard it, they glorified the Lord, and said unto him, Thou seest, brother, how many thousands of Jews there are which believe; and they are all zealous of the law:

Who taught these thousands of Jews, which believed, to be zealous of the law?

Wikipedia? Flavey Joe?

WHO EVER TAUGHT THE LAW IN THE BIBLE, you satanic punk Craigie?

Name one teacher, who ever taught, that the law was not observed by Peter, John, the other 10, the masses, in early Acts? Names, please. Specifics.

Tellalie:

Not a peep-PPP=Preterist Peverting Punk

Danoh

"There is no other name by which we may be saved." It takes the same Gospel to be able to say that. The reason that is said is because this preaching of the apostles is partly eschatological; it is the end of time as far as they know. Israel is ideally supposed to take the Gospel to the ends of the earth and then the end comes. The rebellious wing of Israel is decimated at the city and temple, Dan 9. So salvation is eschatological, which means it is justification from sins, like Rom 3 says; it is the same Gospel. "Salvation" in this apostolic expression is about that, not about a 2nd program theocracy restored to Israel. The unity is formidable, not perplexing.

Can't say I blame you for seeing things in that way as it is basically the standard measure of things that has been taught for many centuries now.

But, respectfully, that that has been the standard proves nothing. Throughout history, many standards considered sound have later been proven otherwise.

Put new wine in old bottles, (corrupt, change, or) throw off the perception that such is actually new wine.

Kind of like what you often relate as to your understanding of how Israel got things wrong.

The best to you in this...

Interplanner

Show me, anywhere, where the idea that 'Israel was supposed to be missionaries in that generation' has been the prevailing view for centuries. Include the ones that say, well, that is true until the DofJ, but after that it doesn't matter. I don't know of any, but it is the shape of Paul's appeal to Israel as I see it. Maybe that is because I don't 'look behind the scenes' but rather within them.

Danoh

Show me, anywhere, where the idea that 'Israel was supposed to be missionaries in that generation' has been the prevailing view for centuries. Include the ones that say, well, that is true until the DofJ, but after that it doesn't matter. I don't know of any, but it is the shape of Paul's appeal to Israel as I see it. Maybe that is because I don't 'look behind the scenes' but rather within them.

Trace back the Replacement teaching (also referred to as "spiritual Israel") - how that the Body supposedly took up where Israel failed.

You don't recall all those posts James used to post on that other forum - where he would cite the ECF writings, how that this teaching was sprinkled here and there throughout their writings?

Again, that proves about as much as books on navigation before men like Columbus proved the world is not flat.

That's the intended sense of that in that chapter in those Depp Pirate movies "At the End of the World," by the way.

Just goes to show what "end of the world" can sometimes be a referrence to.

Its also why no one is wrong. That, actually, each person is at a different place in the learning curve that is "oh, so this is what this means, when used here, but not necessarily when used over there..."

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Is, presently, yes and it's called the gospel of Christ. It is the good news that Christ died for our sins and that He was buried and rose again the third day (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV). It is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth (at the time Paul wrote it to the Jew first and also to the Greek, but today to all men without distinction 1 Timothy 2:4 KJV). That is not the "same gospel" that was preached in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John nor by Peter in Acts 2,3,4,5,...Don't be ignorant.

You are suggesting that after Christ inaugurated the new covenant in His blood that He taught His disciples the old covenant--

Act 1:1 The former treatise have I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach,
Act 1:2 Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen:
Act 1:3 To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:
Act 1:4 And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me.
Act 1:5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.
Act 1:6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?
Act 1:7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.
Act 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

and you teach that Christ sent them into the nations with the old covenant, which you claim is not completed in its preaching of it to the nations by the 12 apostles.

which you claim will be re-established in the millennium.

Gal 2:18 For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.
Gal 2:19 For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God.

LA

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Act 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

And they did receive power and preached. They didn't preach the same thing as Paul until they heard from Paul, then they preached grace after hearing Paul. :duh:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
And they did receive power and preached. They didn't preach the same thing as Paul until they heard from Paul, then they preached grace after hearing Paul. :duh:

No.

Act 4:33 And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
They weren't preaching it, they didn't know yet :)

Do you know it?

Act 15:7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.
Act 15:8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;
Act 15:9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.
Act 15:10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
Act 15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Lol, I'll bet you like that it mentions the word "heir."
No, but it doesn't stop you from once again bringing me up instead of the passage. Better get that checked.

Anyway, your heir-ness, finally, a post from you I agree with...its been awhile...
It's still not the good news that is the gospel of our salvation. The good news of our salvation is the why of the cross and it was before a mystery Romans 16:25-26 KJV, 1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV.

:idea: Put yourself in agreement with what saith the scriptures and you can agree with me again!

heir

TOL Subscriber
Behold the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world. It was the same indeed. Acts 2, 3 are in particular the same thing Paul says in 13: with the added emphasis that this is what was promised to Abraham, and is a blessing to the nations.
Please show us all FROM THE SCRIPTURES in Acts 2 and 3 where Peter preached that "Christ died for our sins" as the power of God to save them. I'll wait.

heir

TOL Subscriber
"There is no other name by which we may be saved." It takes the same Gospel to be able to say that.
The WHO of Jesus Christ is not the same as the WHY.

Now, let's see those passages in Acts 2 and 3 that preach that "Christ died for our sins" as the power of God to save them!