ECT Article gets "the mystery" wrong

Danoh

No, but it doesn't stop you from once again bringing me up instead of the passage. Better get that checked.

It's still not the good news that is the gospel of our salvation. The good news of our salvation is the why of the cross and it was before a mystery Romans 16:25-26 KJV, 1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV.

:idea: Put yourself in agreement with what saith the scriptures and you can agree with me again!

With "who" - "again" :rotfl:

heir

TOL Subscriber
Do you know it?

Act 15:7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.
Act 15:8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;
Act 15:9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.
Act 15:10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
Act 15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.
1 Peter 1:9-10 KJV for them!

Those of us in the BoC "are saved" 1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:2 KJV, 2 Corinthians 2:15 KJV, Ephesians 2:5 KJV, Ephesians 2:8 KJV

Danoh

They weren't preaching it, they didn't know yet :)

As I have been pointing out; as with any school of thought, there will at times be differences in understanding within a same school.

And Mid Acts is no different in this.

It also depends upon where each person is in their learning curve.

I'd lost sight of all that for a time.

Having gotten it back, I no longer hold that anyone is wrong and or willfully being so, as only the Father truly knows the heart.

Anyway, in my own learning curve, there was a time when I too had thought "theirs was the Law, ours is Grace..."

As I grew in my intake of the Scripture on these things, my sense of that shifted a bit more.

One day I found that I no longer held to that; that I now held "theirs was a Prophesied Grace, ours is a Mystery Grace."

And so it goes...we are each at a different place within our learning curve...each time out...

The best to you in yours - and great to see you back!

Danoh

You stubborn boy. You can't even put yourself in agreement with the scriptures that we can speak the same thing 1 Corinthians 1:10 KJV.

Walked into a store yesterday. The clerk asked "May I help you with something?"

'I'm a man,' I said to her, 'I'm beyond help...'

Cracked her up, as intended.

So, its not like you're completely off, heir, lol

heir

TOL Subscriber
They weren't preaching it, they didn't know yet :)
They never heard "that gospel" that Paul preached among the Gentiles until he went up by revelation and communicated it to them (Galatians 2:1-2 KJV). After they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto Paul, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter (Galatians 2:7 KJV), they gave to Paul and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that Paul and Barna should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision (Galatians 2:8-9 KJV).

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The WHO of Jesus Christ is not the same as the WHY.

Once again, you try to divide The Lord Jesus Christ.

(1 Cor 1:13) Christ cannot be divided into different groups.....

You need to let go of the false teachings of Darby and Bullinger, and start believing what the Bible says, and stop trying to divide Christ Jesus.

john w

Hall of Fame
Once again, you try to divide The Lord Jesus Christ.

(1 Cor 1:13) Christ cannot be divided into different groups.....

You need to let go of the false teachings of Darby and Bullinger, and start believing what the Bible says, and stop trying to divide Christ Jesus.

That's all the Preterist punk has-his Darby/bullinger spam.

And get a job, infidel, serpent. And quit plagiaring the false teachings of your hero, Hank Hanegraaf.

Interplanner

They never heard "that gospel" that Paul preached among the Gentiles until he went up by revelation and communicated it to them (Galatians 2:1-2 KJV). After they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto Paul, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter (Galatians 2:7 KJV), they gave to Paul and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that Paul and Barna should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision (Galatians 2:8-9 KJV).

Your renderings are grammatically incorrect. The object being modified is not the gospel in Gal 2:7, but the preaching work. You might have known this had you looked back at ch 1 where there is only one Gospel allowed.

There is a "But" in 2:12 which should signal to you that Peter was preaching the same Gospel as Paul UNTIL he changed, capitulating to pressure to say other things. They had the same Gospel, BUT Peter left it and was corrected 3x about it. Otherwise you destroy the wavering Peter story entirely.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Your renderings are grammatically incorrect. The object being modified is not the gospel in Gal 2:7, but the preaching work. You might have known this had you looked back at ch 1 where there is only one Gospel allowed.
You can't count. There are two gospels in Galatians 2:7 KJV.

Galatians 2:7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;

1 (the gospel of the uncircumcision) +1 (the gospel of the circumcision) = 2 gospels

heir

TOL Subscriber
There is a "But" in 2:12 which should signal to you that Peter was preaching the same Gospel as Paul UNTIL he changed, capitulating to pressure to say other things. They had the same Gospel, BUT Peter left it and was corrected 3x about it. Otherwise you destroy the wavering Peter story entirely.

Please show us all FROM THE SCRIPTURES in Acts 2 and 3 where Peter preached that "Christ died for our sins" as the power of God to save them. I'll wait.
still waiting

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Galatians 2:7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;

1 (the gospel of the uncircumcision) +1 (the gospel of the circumcision) = 2 gospels

There is only one Gospel of Christ.

Act 15:7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.
Act 15:8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;
Act 15:9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.
Act 15:10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
Act 15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

Danoh

See what I mean about your contradictions - you don't see the two gospels principle in verse 9; do you?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Nope, one gospel two very different groups of people.

(Gal 2:7) On the contrary, they recognized that I had been entrusted with the task of preaching the gospel to the uncircumcised, just as Peter had been to the circumcised.

One Gospel !!!!

Quite trying to divide Christ.

Danoh

Nope, one gospel two very different groups of people.

(Gal 2:7) On the contrary, they recognized that I had been entrusted with the task of preaching the gospel to the uncircumcised, just as Peter had been to the circumcised.

One Gospel !!!!

Quite trying to divide Christ.

Lol, that translation still does not negate two aspects of the gospel. It only shifts the sense from an emphasis on the two aspects to who was commissioned with which aspect.

Two-Fold Purpose, Tel,

Two-Fold: Prophecy and Mystery...

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Lol, that translation still does not negate two aspects of the gospel. It only shifts the sense from an emphasis on the two aspects to who was commissioned with which aspect.

There is only one gospel.

Prior to 70AD the one gospel was taught differently to Jews who were born under the old covenant and law of Moses.

There wasn't two different gospels, there was one gospel taught to two completely different groups of people.

Danoh

There is only one gospel.

Prior to 70AD the one gospel was taught differently to Jews who were born under the old covenant and law of Moses.

There wasn't two different gospels, there was one gospel taught to two completely different groups of people.

Personally, I no longer care for the phrase "two gospels."

As with any movement or school of thought, phrasing coined at some earlier point in a movement ends up etched in stone though later, much more well-rounded perspective indicates it no longer fits.

I see the Gospel of (from) God concerning His Son, thus, the gospel of (about) Christ, and this is a Two-Fold Gospel: Prophecy and Mystery.

This is what Paul is talking about in Romans 1; and in his last epistle, in 2 Tim. 2. He is asserting that the very same Jesus of Prophecy called him and committed unto him a Mystery aspect of the Gospel of Christ.

This because what Paul is actually affirming is that aspect of the gospel commmited unro him: "the preaching of Jesus Christ according to the revelation of" Paul's "my ospel" to him by the Lord Himself - "the Mystery," Rom. 16:25, 26; 2 Tim. 2:8.

The phrase "the gospel" by itself is a generic phrase.

As in Abraham's case in Romans 4 and Galatians 3, there is ever the need for exploring each mention in Scripture based on each mention's own characteristics.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
See what I mean about your contradictions - you don't see the two gospels principle in verse 9; do you?

Only a deceptive spirit would show you two gospels of Christ.

You need deliverance fast.

Mar 1:1 The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God;

LA

john w

Hall of Fame

And? You missed it, wolfie. There is only one gospel of Christ, as outlined in 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, but there is more than one piece of good news/gospel, in the book, satanic one, or you would have your "patron saint," your saint Judas, preaching the 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV good news of Christ, per Luke 9:6 KJV.

Wolfie.