"Obedience to". What are we to be obedient to?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Here are a couple of verses. They speak of obedience to something. These are different verses, but they do speak of obedience, that obedience being the obedience of the Christian.

2 Corinthians 9:13 NASB - 13 Because of the proof given by this ministry, they will glorify God for your obedience to your confession of the gospel of Christ and for the liberality of your contribution to them and to all,

1 Peter 1:22 NASB - 22 Since you have in obedience to the truth purified your souls for a sincere love of the brethren, fervently love one another from the heart,

theophilus

John 14:15 “If you love Me, you will keep My commandments.

John 14:21 He who has My commandments and keeps them is the one who loves Me; and he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will disclose Myself to him.”

John 15:10 If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love; just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.

1 John 2:3 By this we know that we have come to know Him, if we keep His commandments.

1 John 2:4 The one who says, “I have come to know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him;

1 John 3:22 and whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do the things that are pleasing in His sight.

1 John 3:24 The one who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. We know by this that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

1 John 5:2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and observe His commandments.

1 John 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments; and His commandments are not burdensome.

2 John 1:6 And this is love, that we walk according to His commandments. This is the commandment, just as you have heard from the beginning, that you should walk in it.

Obedience to what?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
John 14:15 “If you love Me, you will keep My commandments.

John 14:21 He who has My commandments and keeps them is the one who loves Me; and he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will disclose Myself to him.”

John 15:10 If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love; just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.

1 John 2:3 By this we know that we have come to know Him, if we keep His commandments.

1 John 2:4 The one who says, “I have come to know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him;

1 John 3:22 and whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do the things that are pleasing in His sight.

1 John 3:24 The one who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. We know by this that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

1 John 5:2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and observe His commandments.

1 John 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments; and His commandments are not burdensome.

2 John 1:6 And this is love, that we walk according to His commandments. This is the commandment, just as you have heard from the beginning, that you should walk in it.

Obedience to what?
Obedience to your confession of the gospel of Christ (2 Corinthians 9:13 NASB).

Obedience to the truth (1 Peter 1:22 NASB).

theophilus

Obedience to God and Christ and ALL that entails...that we may walk in a manner worthy of our calling. Col. 1:9-11

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
2 Corinthians 9:13 NASB - 13 Because of the proof given by this ministry, they will glorify God for your obedience to your confession of the gospel of Christ and for the liberality of your contribution to them and to all,

Obedient to the gospel that says if you work, it is counted as debt.

1 Peter 1:22 NASB - 22 Since you have in obedience to the truth purified your souls for a sincere love of the brethren, fervently love one another from the heart,

Obedient to circumcision and the covenant. If they don't do their work it is counted as debt.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Obedient to the gospel that says if you work, it is counted as debt.
Can you explain here what you mean?
Obedient to circumcision and the covenant. If they don't do their work it is counted as debt.
Can you explain what you are saying here?

Here are two verses from Peter with the word Gentiles in them.

1 Peter 2:12 NASB - 12 Keep your behavior excellent among the Gentiles, so that in the thing in which they slander you as evildoers, they may because of your good deeds, as they observe them, glorify God in the day of visitation.

1 Peter 4:3 NASB - 3 For the time already past is sufficient for you to have carried out the desire of the Gentiles, having pursued a course of sensuality, lusts, drunkenness, carousing, drinking parties and abominable idolatries.

theophilus

There are the OT "10" and...

...John 13:34-35.

Then there's:

Matt. 22:34-40

BUT, Rom. 13:8 says love is the fulfillment of the Law.

You decide.

HisServant

Are you talking about New Testament commands (commands found in the New Testament) or about Old Testament commands?

You tell me... I come on this site and people talking about obedience, but they are never clear about what they think Jesus is talking about.