Why would God need a hell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickiel

People did not hear Jesus voice, Matt.12:19, and his followers can't hear him, He said in Luke 5:32 that he did not come to " Call" the righteous, but he came to "Call" unbelievers to repentance. The followers of Christ can't hear that; they are completely blind to it. That's why they condemn unbelievers.

Mickiel

You know I never have depended on bible dictionary's and concordances to help me in debates , I just use the bible. You seem to just like copying this stuff, as if your own mind is not worth expressing.

Its like its me against your books.

Listen Serpentdove , don't let your dependence on those books for help discourage you; I admire you for one thing, in my 16 year experience debating Christians, very few have tried to contest me as long as you have, they normally past out. I mean people have a sense as to what they can deal with. So I give you that; I honor you for that.

Hang in there, we are close to 700 scriptures on my end, and who knows how many book quotes on your end.

Mickiel

Listen Serpentdove , don't let your dependence on those books for help discourage you; I admire you for one thing, in my 16 year experience debating Christians, very few have tried to contest me as long as you have, they normally past out. I mean people have a sense as to what they can deal with. So I give you that; I honor you for that.

Hang in there, we are close to 700 scriptures on my end, and who knows how many book quotes on your end.

I haven't had a bible concordance in years, getting used to the Spirit helping, I kind of stop using them. But I'm going to get one, one day; I think they are helpful.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Stand corrected......

Stand corrected......

You fail to learn (2 Ti 3:7).

See my last response to you here.

Also please modify your descriptions of myself and Caino at least, since he is not a JW. He does acknowledge Jesus as being our Creator-Son.....so in this respect Jesus is our 'God' ....but he is not The Universal Father-God who is the God and Father of all.
You need to familiarize yourself with the UB's teaching on this.

Mickiel

Have you reached your goal of slavishly posting 6,000 verses yet, bro...?

I don't think 6,000, but give me a couple of weeks and I'll be over 1,000. And one more thing, no matter how many verses I use, nothing could give me more joy than to know that you keep reading this thread.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I don't think 6,000, but give me a couple of weeks and I'll be over 1,000. And one more thing, no matter how many verses I use, nothing could give me more joy than to know that you keep reading this thread.

You've done well with this thread, don't be a liar. I think Lon showed you aren't even close to posting 600 scriptures.

Mickiel

You've done well with this thread, don't be a liar. I think Lon showed you aren't even close to posting 600 scriptures.

That's your problem if you believe Lon over your own ability to count. Lon is just another person interested in belittling the thread.

Aimiel

People did not hear Jesus voice, Matt.12:19, and his followers can't hear him, He said in Luke 5:32 that he did not come to " Call" the righteous, but he came to "Call" unbelievers to repentance. The followers of Christ can't hear that; they are completely blind to it. That's why they condemn unbelievers.

He was speaking of not calling self-righteous persons (yourself, for example) who place themselves above others in all things by their own estimation of themselves, not those who look to Jesus' Blood and Righteousness for forgiveness and grace.

Christianity doesn't condemn anyone, a sinner's own sins do. Repent, and you can be born again, too.

Lon

Again Jesus in Matt.23:13-15, "But woe to you Pharisee and scribes, hypocrites; for you SHUT OFF the Kingdom from men!
And you make them, twice the child of hell than you are." Here Jesus is talking to believers, they were teaching doctrines of limited atonement, teaching ways that people could go to hell. And Jesus was angry with this and basically called them hell mongers.
False accusations. Show me in thread where anyone did.

Lon

Yes, and a good man, a nice person, intelligent, patient and many other qualities. By their fruits yea will know them, and by his qualities we can see Freelight knows the spirit whereas these other religious people wreak of the right wingers who killed Jesus! It is obvious that had many of the indoctrinated robots on TOL been Jews during the times of Christ, they would have also rejected his Freelight-like message. They are closed minded, hard hearted people. They don't have a message that anyone would want.
:nono: You are on record as rejecting the need for Christ. You are an oddball to think not needing him somehow equates to you following Him, same with FreePJ :dizzy:

Ben Masada

Why would God need a hell!

Why would God need a hell!

He doesn't. Hell does not exist. Hell is a Greek myth adopted by Christianity as a method of mind-control. Now, in the sense of being Sheol aka the grave it is simply the end of life as there is no consciousness in the grave.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Conditional Immortality.....

Conditional Immortality.....

~*~*~

The view of 'conditional immortality' is held by a fair share of bible students and teachers, which includes 'soul sleep' and 'soul-death'....since there is scriptural support for such (JWs, SDAs, various Church of God splinter groups, etc.).

The truth about hell

What is hell? Where is hell? Part 1

What is hell? Where is hell? Part 2

Most of this school of thought reject the concept of an 'immortal soul', that souls at death enter Sheol/Hades (the grave) and are 'asleep' until being resurrected at judgment day to receive eternal life or eternal death (the lake of fire disintegrates, incinerates, consumes whatever/whoever enters into it). Those who accept the gift of life thru Jesus are saved from death.

Those holding this view claim ample biblical support for the teaching.

Lon

~*~*~

The view of 'conditional immortality' is held by a fair share of bible students and teachers, which includes 'soul sleep' and 'soul-death'....since there is scriptural support for such (JWs, SDAs, various Church of God splinter groups, etc.).
:nono: Not even 5% of the population, all together.

Lon

He doesn't. Hell does not exist. Hell is a Greek myth adopted by Christianity as a method of mind-control. Now, in the sense of being Sheol aka the grave it is simply the end of life as there is no consciousness in the grave.
Speaking for yourself? Or as a representative of Jews?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
ECT denigrates God's Goodness...

ECT denigrates God's Goodness...

:nono: Not even 5% of the population, all together.

Look at the evidence, educate yourself. The traditional pagan belief of ECT is insanity and violates principle. It is heinous, unjust and satanic. Would you condemn your children to eternal hellfire to sufer for ever and ever with no hope of salvation?????? Forever and ever???? That is insane! That is worse than satanic.

Status
Not open for further replies.