ECT The Word of God

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Then he is NOT the EXPRESS IMAGE.
Yes, actually He is. That is what the express image is. If Jesus were Spirit and not human and Jesus were God in that way (in that God is Spirit) then the statement would have no meaning. But that is not what it means. It is talking about His humanity. That is Jesus is man. Jesus is the mediator between God and man as man. Jesus is the only begotten Son of God. So Jesus, the man, has Deity. Some then say He is the God-man. Whether this is the right terminology or not, whether even if saying Jesus is God's representative of Himself to man, can be discussed now I believe. I think you can see what I am saying the scriptures are saying now. We use words to describe it. Express image or exact representation does not mean exactly the same (and therefore not human). It means something else. I hope you can grasp this.

keypurr

Jesus is the Christ and He was born the Son of God.

Yes, he is the flesh son of God. However the spiritual son of God is his express image, Christ. Only Jesus was given the express image of God for God give that image his fullness. In a sense, Christ is a created God.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Yes, he is the flesh son of God. However the spiritual son of God is his express image, Christ. Only Jesus was given the express image of God for God give that image his fullness. In a sense, Christ is a created God.
Your response is off base. See my previous post. Let me know if you have any more questions.

keypurr

Yes, actually He is. That is what the express image is. If Jesus were Spirit and not human and Jesus were God in that way (in that God is Spirit) then the statement would have no meaning. But that is not what it means. It is talking about His humanity. That is Jesus is man. Jesus is the mediator between God and man as man. Jesus is the only begotten Son of God. So Jesus, the man, has Deity. Some then say He is the God-man. Whether this is the right terminology or not, whether even if saying Jesus is God's representative of Himself to man, can be discussed now I believe. I think you can see what I am saying the scriptures are saying now. We use words to describe it. Express image or exact representation does not mean exactly the same (and therefore not human). It means something else. I hope you can grasp this.

The EXPRESS IMAGE OF ANYTHING IS AN EXACT COPY OF THAT THING, a CLONE. Jesus is NOT a clone of the Father for the Father is a spirit. That is what you fail to see friend. It took me many years to see this. This spirit was SENT by God to us. This is the spirit that was s[peaking of having a body prepared for him in Heb 10:5.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The EXPRESS IMAGE OF ANYTHING IS AN EXACT COPY OF THAT THING, a CLONE. Jesus is NOT a clone of the Father for the Father is a spirit. That is what you fail to see friend. It took me many years to see this. This spirit was SENT by God to us. This is the spirit that was s[peaking of having a body prepared for him in Heb 10:5.
You are incorrect keypurr.

Jesus is not a clone of God. Jesus is the Son of God. That is how He is the exact representation of God to us (in human form).

keypurr

Your response is off base. See my previous post. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Not it is not, you just don't see it.

THE EXPRESS IMAGE is an exact copy of God. It is a creation for it is an IMAGE. The Father was pleased that IT had his fullness. In other words, God created a spiritual being (Christ) and gave it power. This being was to be SENT to us as a man. So God prepared a body for this spiritual SON of his to live in. Christ is the SON that was sent, Jesus was the son BORN. He is the body prepared for Christ. In Acts 10:38 we see that Christ, who comes with power, went into Jesus at his anointing. God joined his spiritual son with his flesh son he declared that "This was his son".

The word became flesh and dwelled among us.

The word is Christ, not Jesus. God created everything through his spiritual son Christ. Jesus came into existence when he was born. Christ spoke through Jesus.

For almost three years now I have been trying to show you this. It fits perfectly with scripture. God is not a man, neither was his son until he took the form of man.

keypurr

Jesus is not a clone of God. Jesus is the Son of God. That is how He is the exact representation of God to us (in human form).

READ the TRUTH;

Heb 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

keypurr

Hebrews 1:3

(ASV) who being the effulgence of his glory, and the very image of his substance, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had made purification of sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

(BBE) Who, being the outshining of his glory, the true image of his substance, supporting all things by the word of his power, having given himself as an offering making clean from sins, took his seat at the right hand of God in heaven;

(Bishops) Who beyng the bryghtnesse of the glorie, and the very image of his substaunce, vpholdyng all thynges with the worde of his power, hauing by him selfe pourged our sinnes, hath syt on the ryght hande of the maiestie on hye:

(CEV) God's Son has all the brightness of God's own glory and is like him in every way. By his own mighty word, he holds the universe together. After the Son had washed away our sins, he sat down at the right side of the glorious God in heaven.

(DRB) Who being the brightness of his glory and the figure of his substance and upholding all things by the word of his power, making purgation of sins, sitteth on the right hand of the majesty on high:

(ESV) He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he upholds the universe by the word of his power. After making purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,

(Geneva) Who being the brightnes of the glory, and the ingraued forme of his person, and bearing vp all things by his mightie worde, hath by himselfe purged our sinnes, and sitteth at the right hand of the Maiestie in the highest places,

(GNB) He reflects the brightness of God's glory and is the exact likeness of God's own being, sustaining the universe with his powerful word. After achieving forgiveness for the sins of all human beings, he sat down in heaven at the right side of God, the Supreme Power.

(GW) His Son is the reflection of God's glory and the exact likeness of God's being. He holds everything together through his powerful words. After he had cleansed people from their sins, he received the highest position, the one next to the Father in heaven.

(ISV) He is the reflection of God's glory and the exact likeness of his being, and he holds everything together by his powerful word. After he had provided a cleansing from sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Highest Majesty

(KJV) Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

(NAS77) And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power. When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high;

(NASB) And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power. When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,

(NET.) The Son is the radiance of his glory and the representation of his essence, and he sustains all things by his powerful word, and so when he had accomplished cleansing for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high.

(NIrV) The Son is the gleaming brightness of God's glory. He is the exact likeness of God's being. He uses his powerful word to hold all things together. He provided the way for people to be made pure from sin. Then he sat down at the right hand of the King, the Majesty in heaven.

(NIV) The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.

(NKJV) who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,

(NRSV) He is the reflection of God's glory and the exact imprint of God's very being, and he sustains all things by his powerful word. When he had made purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,

(NRSVA) He is the reflection of God's glory and the exact imprint of God's very being, and he sustains all things by his powerful word. When he had made purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,

(TNIV) The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.

(YLT) who being the brightness of the glory, and the impress of His subsistence, bearing up also the all things by the saying of his might--through himself having made a cleansing of our sins, sat down at the right hand of the greatness in the highest,

keypurr

Your right, JESUS is NOT a clone of God, BUT CHRIST IS/WAS until he took the form of man (Jesus). Christ needed a body, Heb 10:5, Jesus is that body.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jesus is the image of God's person. Jesus is the exact representation of God's Being. This does not mean a double or a clone. An image is not the same thing as the thing it is an image of.

keypurr

Jesus was BORN. Christ is God's FIRST creation.
Christ came to dwell in the flesh. Christ is a spirit, the express image of the father.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Not it is not, you just don't see it.

THE EXPRESS IMAGE is an exact copy of God. It is a creation for it is an IMAGE. The Father was pleased that IT had his fullness. In other words, God created a spiritual being (Christ) and gave it power. This being was to be SENT to us as a man. So God prepared a body for this spiritual SON of his to live in. Christ is the SON that was sent, Jesus was the son BORN. He is the body prepared for Christ. In Acts 10:38 we see that Christ, who comes with power, went into Jesus at his anointing. God joined his spiritual son with his flesh son he declared that "This was his son".

The word became flesh and dwelled among us.

The word is Christ, not Jesus. God created everything through his spiritual son Christ. Jesus came into existence when he was born. Christ spoke through Jesus.

For almost three years now I have been trying to show you this. It fits perfectly with scripture. God is not a man, neither was his son until he took the form of man.
Why do you say the Son took the form of man? If Jesus is the Son of God born to Mary, is He the Son of God beforehand? In the womb, yes. What about before that? We would need to find some mention of that to begin on that line. But so far we don't have anything of this in our discussion, and I am not suggesting anything either from my reading of scripture.

It is Jesus Christ who is the exact representation of God, not some other Christ you have made up.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jesus was BORN. Christ is God's FIRST creation.
Christ came to dwell in the flesh. Christ is a spirit, the express image of the father.
Incorrect.

Jesus is the Christ. He did not "have the Christ dwelling IN HIM". He actually IS the Christ (and not one bit of Him is not the Christ).

oatmeal

Anything that God has communicated to anyone at any time is the word of God.

However, we do not need to know everything that God has ever communicated

God appropriately narrowed down all that to a written form.

That which God as deemed appropriate and necessary for believers in general He had written as scripture. The main topic of scripture is God's son, Jesus Christ

That word of God in the flesh is Jesus Christ. That is, Jesus Christ is who God provided as God's living example of what living the word of God looks like

Believers rely on God's written word as their only foundation for living for God as God would have it lived.

Romans 4:3 is an example of that. Although Abraham, as far as we know, had no scripture on paper, we, as believers in general, as opposed to specific believers of the past who walked with God, do have a written record of the important things we must know to live for God and with God. Thus Paul asks, what does scripture say?

Abraham did have a record of scripture, for God's word is written in the stars. One book that does this subject admirably, is EW Bullinger's "Witness of the Stars" He compiles other's research and adds his own study of scripture to show that God has put knowledge of man's redemption in the constellations and star names.

We are not talking about astrology, for astrology is not of God.

But God's creation is of God

keypurr

Incorrect.

Jesus is the Christ. He did not "have the Christ dwelling IN HIM". He actually IS the Christ (and not one bit of Him is not the Christ).

Acts 10:38 disagrees with you my friend.
Consider what was the power he received, the power he did not have until his anointing.

Sent from my iPad using TOL

dodge

Everything that exists is an expression of the "logos" (God's divine blueprint). Calling the Bible "God's words" is a deceptive idolization of scripture.
Jesus was a Jew. So he believed what the Jews of his time, believed. And when he spoke to his fellow Jews, he spoke as a Jew, to a Jew. So of course he affirmed Jewish scripture to them. But Jews then, as now, did not believe that everyone else needed to convert to Judaism, or needed to believe in Jewish religious scriptures or doctrines. And Jesus never once stated or suggested that anyone else must become a Jew, or accept Jewish doctrines or scriptures.

So there is no great need or admonishment for Christians to follow Jewish beliefs, laws, rituals, or scriptures. If you want to be a 'Jewish Christian', that's fine. But it's not a requirement of Christianity. Or of the spirit of Christ, within.

Jesus said:

Luk 16:31
And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Acts 10:38 disagrees with you my friend.
Consider what was the power he received, the power he did not have until his anointing.
Shalom.

I do not see how it disagrees with me according to what you have said and the verse that you have referenced.

Shalom.

Jacob

Truster

Can you accurately say what is the word of God?

If by the word you are referring to the scriptures contained in the Bible. It is the revealed will and testament of the Eternal Almighty The Testator.

Hebrews 9:17

Anyone can read a "will", but only the named heirs can benefit under the terms of a will. Nobody has the right or power to write themselves into a will. It is the sovereign right and duty of the testator to name his beneficiaries. Denominations and cults convince people that they have been written into the will of the Eternal, but they never, ever benefit, because their names are not written in the Lambs Book of Life.

A few translations:

For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.

because a will is in force only when somebody has died; it never takes effect while the one who made it is living.

For a covenant is valid only when men are dead, for it is never in force while the one who made it lives.

For a covenant over dead victims is stedfast, since it is no force at all when the covenant-victim liveth,

Selah.