ECT The Word of God

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Christ Is God. Jesus the man, was born. Begotten OF God. sometimes i read what the people post that do not think Jesus Is God, and your arguments make me think your on my side. cuz you guys almost get it. Jesus Is God. peace:king:
God and Christ are different.

Jesus is the Son of God so Jesus the Christ is God (meaning He has Deity).

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
God and Christ are different.

Jesus is the Son of God so Jesus the Christ is God (meaning He has Deity).

yeah, i remember now. you don't agree with keypur, but you also don't think Jesus is God. just like kyperr. i know what The Bible tells us and we disagree on certain details. no biggy - :cool:

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
yeah, i remember now. you don't agree with keypur, but you also don't think Jesus is God. just like kyperr. i know what The Bible tells us and we disagree on certain details. no biggy - :cool:
I believe Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
but yes, Christ is Spirit, with God. The Messiah. i get it. semantics and definitions don't do anything for me. what we try to define is beyond definition. even with HD

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
but yes, Christ is Spirit, with God. The Messiah. i get it. semantics and definitions don't do anything for me. what we try to define is beyond definition. even with HD
No, Christ is not Spirit, and there is a spirit of Christ which is not the same as the person Jesus Christ.

PureX

I actually don't think/believe that is what we find in the book of John.
Of course it is. The text doesn't even make any sense any other way. And it creates the foundation for the Christian message. What's confusing is that god's wisdom is often referred to as a being in sacred texts (as "he" or "she"). In this case both the term "word" and the "he" reference are referring to this 'logos". To God's divine wisdom/plan, from which all creation becomes manifested, and through which all things find their purpose.

1 In the beginning was the "logos", and the "logos" was with God, and the "logos" was God. (Logos being the mind, heart, spirit, and intent of God) 2 "Logos" (as the essence and spirit of God, the "logos" is now referred to as a being; a "him") was in the beginning with God; 3 all things were made through "him" (God's mind, heart, spirit, and intent, personified), and without "him" was not anything made that was made. 4 In "him" was life, and the life was the light of men. (God's spirit was to be reflected in the lives of men) 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I find it hard to think of God having to have his dirty diapers changed. It's much easier for me to think of Jesus as the Son of God initially dependent on his parents for his survival.

that's hilarious. very logical thinking. you'll never get it :king:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
John 1:1,2 - John 1:14 - read that and believe it. don't take anyone elses word for it:chew:

Are you claiming that Jesus was God's word from the beginning of creation?

When the prophets said that the word of YHVH came to them do you believe that was Jesus traveling back in time?

Sheila B

At one time I would agree.

But I see the spiritual son that was SENT as well as the flesh son that was prepared to hold IT. If God is a spirit his express image is also spirit. His express image is recorded as his son through whom God created everything. That image is a created form of God. That image had the fullness of the father. That image is the word of God. That image is the spirit that moved across the face of the waters in Genesis.

Jesus is a man born in Bethlehem, a sinless flesh son of the most high God, the ONLY one God could trust with the power of Christ.

You sound like you are trying to deal with the 2 natures in Christ: human (flesh son) and divine (spirit son). There are two natures in Christ. The Second Person of the Holy Trinity took on human flesh. As you say, the express image of the Father "became flesh".

Sheila B

No, the express image, or rather the exact representation of the Father, is Jesus.

Right, that is what I meant: The Second Person of the Trinity is the exact representation of the Father (same essence) and became flesh and "And you shall call his name Jesus". "And she shall bear a son and you shall call his name Jesus, for he shall save his people from their sins."

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Right, that is what I meant: The Second Person of the Trinity is the exact representation of the Father (same essence) and became flesh and "And you shall call his name Jesus". "And she shall bear a son and you shall call his name Jesus, for he shall save his people from their sins."
Jesus is the Christ and He was born the Son of God.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jesus is a man, God is NOT a man.

Express image of God is spirit.
No, Jesus (a man) is the express image of God (who is Spirit). One translation says He is the exact representation of His (God's) Being.

Remember that Jesus said if you have seen me you have seen the Father? Was that to say that Jesus never violated God's commands and that everything He did was completely consistent with God's character?

keypurr

God is NOT a man, God is a spirit.

Joh_4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth

keypurr

No, Jesus (a man) is the express image of God (who is Spirit). One translation says He is the exact representation of His (God's) Being.

Remember that Jesus said if you have seen me you have seen the Father? Was that to say that Jesus never violated God's commands and that everything He did was completely consistent with God's character?

Then he is NOT the EXPRESS IMAGE.

The EXPRESS IMAGE was IN Jesus. It became flesh by being IN Jesus.