Sandy Hook Families Sue Evil Gun Maker For Selling Evil Gun That Shoots People .....

resodko

BANNED
Banned
...all by itself

10 Sandy Hook families sue Bushmaster

Parents of 9 children killed at the mass shooting in Sandy Hook Elementary School, along with one teacher who survived, are suing the businesses behind the Bushmaster rifle, which was used in the massacre.

The lawsuit was filed one day after the second anniversary of the killings.

Koskoff, Koskoff & Bieder, the law firm that is representing the families, announced Monday that it has filed suit against Camfour, a gun distributor, and Riverview Gun Sales, as well as the Freedom Group, the company that owns Bushmaster.

The lawsuit, filed in Superior Court in Bridgeport, Conn., pointed out that the numerous lives were lost in just 264 seconds and was possible because of the shooter's weapon of choice: The Bushmaster AR-15 rifle.

The rifle, which was used to kill 20 first-grade students and six adults in Newtown on December 14, 2012, should not have been entrusted to the general public because it is a military assault weapon that is unsuited for civilian use, according to the lawsuit.

resodko

BANNED
Banned
or Boeing for creating this?

formancloud.jpg

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
The lawsuit, filed in Superior Court in Bridgeport, Conn., pointed out that the numerous lives were lost in just 264 seconds and was possible because of the shooter's weapon of choice: The Bushmaster AR-15 rifle.

26 shots in 5 min.?....I've got news for them; that can be done with just about any repeating firearm...Including pump, bolt, or lever actions. If that is all they are posting their hope on then they are bigger fools than I previously thought. :think:

resodko

BANNED
Banned
i stubbed my toe this morning

i'm gonna sue walmart for selling my folks a dangerous kitchen chair! :sozo2:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I bet this will be thrown out. If this were successful, then anyone who ever gets hurt by any means (other than a faulty product) could blame the manufacturers for simply having produced an item somehow used to cause them harm.

(automakers better close shop)

This Charming Manc

It is going to get thrown out, its a publicity stunt aimed at drawing peoples attention to the lack of anyone doing anything to limit the chances aces of another sandyhook happening again.

I heard the brother of one of the victims talking on our radio yesterday, he talked about how unaware he was of the level and extent of gun violence in the US before the massacre.

To us who haven't grown up in the states its an appalling waste of human life, I guess to you its normal always been there and doesn't seem odd. It usually happens to those guys down the road and not you and your associates.

I bet this will be thrown out. If this were successful, then anyone who ever gets hurt by any means (other than a faulty product) could blame the manufacturers for simply having produced an item somehow used to cause them harm.

(automakers better close shop)

kmoney

Hall of Fame
It is going to get thrown out, its a publicity stunt aimed at drawing peoples attention to the lack of anyone doing anything to limit the chances aces of another sandyhook happening again.

This is probably it. I don't see how the case has any real grounding.

resodko

BANNED
Banned
I heard the brother of one of the victims talking on our radio yesterday, he talked about how unaware he was of the level and extent of gun violence in the US before the massacre.

we have a lot of criminals in the us :idunno:

would you feel better if adam lanza had driven a tanker full of gasoline into the school?

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
...all by itself
Good move. Not surprising at all for parents and friends who lost someone to the type of gun the manufacturers keep making.

It doesn't take Jesus to understand their intentions, anger and grief.
If you haven't experienced grief yourself it is even harder to understand.

rainee

Several of y'all are pretty sure it will be thrown out, I certainly hope it will be.
I'm afraid of the Liberal thought in attorneys who would encourage this kind of suit.
They may feed the grief and anger in those who have lost someone but they want to win money and win big. I think they tell those people its a chance to teach those who make guns a lesson - that they can feel a loss - of money.

Many of y'all point out it has to be thrown out, I hope so.
These are not the killers. But I'm getting worried about what the average person in America is growing willing to swallow.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
American corporations need to re-write their contracts and rules to make it impossible for any consumer or customer to bring their concerns before a jury.

Like the credit card companies have already done, people who have disputes with the rules need to be forced to go to binding arbitration with a hand-picked arbitrator working for the company.

Any attempt to "get justice" can easily be denounced as reasons for "tort reform."

And since corporations provide jobs, it is a win-win for America.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame

To us who haven't grown up in the states its an appalling waste of human life, I guess to you its normal always been there and doesn't seem odd. It usually happens to those guys down the road and not you and your associates.

There is no "great level or extent"...gun violence is not up, nor is homocide, in fact both have dropped for the last 20 years in the U.S. The fact homocide numbers in the UK have not changed even with a gun ban shows that people will always find a way to murder if that is their intent, in the UK it seems poisen & stabbing objects are the weapon of choice but, make no mistake people will always murder even in the absence of guns.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/08/us/study-gun-homicide/

resodko

BANNED
Banned
a new wrinkle on this:

Last December, the Inquisitr reported about the families of Sandy Hook Elementary School’s victims suing Bushmaster, the manufacturer of the gun used in the Newtown, Connecticut massacre that took the lives of 20 children and six adults.

In January, Newtown officials bought the home of Nancy Lanza, the gunman’s mother — who was also murdered by her son, Adam Lanza — for the grand total of $1, and voted to tear it down, as it was a constant reminder for the children of Sandy Hook, as well as all Newtown residents, of the “evil that resided there”, according to one neighbour.

Today, Yahoo News announced that nine families of Sandy Hook victims will be seeking reparations by filing a lawsuit against the estate of the late Nancy Lanza. In a statement made by the law firm Koskoff, Koskoff & Bieder, the victims’ families “seek a share of a homeowner’s insurance policy held by Nancy Lanza”

“With this many claimants, the money ends up being a symbolic gesture but it serves as an important reminder that people who keep firearms in the home must be scrupulous about securing their weapons.”

The families of the Sandy Hook tragedy, as well as other Newtown residents, blame the gunman’s mother for the deaths that occurred, claiming it was her fault for carelessly allowing her son access to the AR-15 Rifle that was ultimately used to kill his own mother, before moving on to Sandy Hook Elementary.

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/1922764/sa...t-against-gunmans-mother/#tCTxp8EkWLWwLz5C.99