ECT Doctrine and Denominations

glassjester

I have some questions. If you'd like, answer one. Or all of them. Or some of them. Or none of them.

Here's one: Should all followers of Christ hold to the same doctrine?

Here's another: Do you think there exists a particular Christian denomination that teaches no error at all, but only truth? Which one?

Choices, for this one: If a member of a particular denomination believes that a teaching of his denomination is false, should he...

A) shop around for a denomination that fits his individual set of beliefs?

B) accept what his denomination teaches as true?

C) start his own, brand new denomination, and teach his own doctrine?

Last one: Is there a particular denomination that God would prefer that all Christians joined?

DAN P

I have some questions. If you'd like, answer one. Or all of them. Or some of them. Or none of them.

Hi and since we are in the Dispensation of the MYSTERY , Rom 16:25 and 26 and YES !!

dan p

glassjester

Hi and since we are in the Dispensation of the MYSTERY , Rom 16:25 and 26 and YES !!

dan p

Is there a particular denomination that has the exact set of beliefs which we should all hold to?

PS - Hello, Dan. And thanks for responding!

DAN P

glassjester; Here's another: Do you think there exists a particular Christian denomination that teaches no error at all said:
Hi and the best answer , if it teaches Pauline truth and teaches Eph 3:9 !!

The RCC does not QUALIFY as the bible is written in Greek and the Greek words for PURGATORY and POPE are not in the bible !!

dan p

OCTOBER23

It is the Doer of JESUS commandments and not the hearer.

Catholics are PAGANS who bow down to IDOLS.

You better WATCH OUT

you better Cry To GOD

cause God knows who is PAGAN or HOLY

DAN P

Is there a particular denomination that has the exact set of beliefs which we should all hold to?

PS - Hello, Dan. And thanks for responding!

Hi and no one is perfect except a strict Acts 9:6 and Col 1:25 and 26 teaching that is perfect and none else will do !!

dan p

OCTOBER23

GLASS JESTER said,

Hello, 10/23

Why do you think that?
==================

BECAUSE ITS THE PLAIN TRUTH

u cow.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

Yes.

Now I plead with you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.
(1 Corinthians 1:10 NKJV)​

glassjester

Hi and no one is perfect except a strict Acts 9:6 and Col 1:25 and 26 teaching that is perfect and none else will do !!

dan p

And does there exist a group of people that hold strictly to those exact teachings, no more, and no less?

heir

TOL Subscriber

Paul said it best!

1 Corinthians 1:10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

1 Corinthians 4:15-16 KJV

1 Corinthians 11:1 KJV

glassjester

GLASS JESTER said,

Hello, 10/23

Why do you think that?
==================

BECAUSE ITS THE PLAIN TRUTH

u cow.

It is not so plain to me. If you'd like to point out a particular problem, it might be clearer to me.

Also, I am only as much a cow as you are a golden coin. It's just a picture.

glassjester

Paul said it best!

1 Corinthians 1:10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

Indeed.

Does there exist a set of beliefs that Paul was referring to, when he asked the Corinthians to be united in their belief?

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
:e4e:
Yes, as we all shall in glory.
Here's another: Do you think there exists a particular Christian denomination that teaches no error at all, but only truth? Which one?
The Holy Catholic Church is not a denomination, but the genuine original Church (institution/organization) that our Lord built, upon Peter, which brings us to the answer: the Holy See, and/or the Church's Magisterium (all HCC bishops teaching unanimously), does teach errorlessly. When they say so.
Choices, for this one: If a member of a particular denomination believes that a teaching of his denomination is false, should he...

A) shop around for a denomination that fits his individual set of beliefs?

B) accept what his denomination teaches as true?

C) start his own, brand new denomination, and teach his own doctrine?
A or C. Note that the HCC is not a denomination.
Last one: Is there a particular denomination that God would prefer that all Christians joined?
No.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Indeed.

Does there exist a set of beliefs that Paul was referring to, when he asked the Corinthians to be united in their belief?
Yes. There was a mixed bag of people at Corinth and they were all beseeched to follow Paul (as are we 1 Corinthians 4:15-16 KJV, 1 Corinthians 11:1 KJV) as a dispensation of the gospel was committed unto him (1 Corinthians 9:17 KJV). The gospel, doctrine, duty and destination to the church, the Body of Christ, is found in the form of sound words of the apostle Paul found in Romans through Philemon (2 Timothy 1:13 KJV).

glassjester

Yes. There was a mixed bag of people at Corinth and they were all beseeched to follow Paul (as are we 1 Corinthians 4:15-16 KJV, 1 Corinthians 11:1 KJV) as a dispensation of the gospel was committed unto him (1 Corinthians 9:17 KJV). The gospel, doctrine, duty and destination to the church, the Body of Christ, is found in the form of sound words of the apostle Paul found in Romans through Philemon (2 Timothy 1:13 KJV).

And does there exist a group of people that hold strictly to those exact teachings, no more, and no less?

glassjester

The Holy Catholic Church is not a denomination, but the genuine original Church (institution/organization) that our Lord built, upon Peter, which brings us to the answer: the Holy See, and/or the Church's Magisterium (all HCC bishops teaching unanimously), does teach errorlessly. When they say so.

Sounds good.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame

dan p

Paul said it best!

1 Corinthians 4:15-16 KJV

1 Corinthians 11:1 KJV

These posts answer the OP question.