“diversity is more important than your security.”

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
@ TH, concerning my just being one complainer among others:
To be fair you were complaining about others, but the point was to spur you to write what you wanted to read. Start the conversation you mean to have. I'm as guilty as anyone of engaging in the snippier side of repartee, though I prefer the amicable variety and preferably tied into real and substantive points.

Fair point. In the interests of turning dragging this thread out of the quagmire of interpersonal conflict and back to...you know, something actually worth talking about:
Now you're talking.

The OP is a photo-shop. That sign didn't exist in actuality.

That said, I think that there is a compelling point to be made in all of this, and it really does express a lot of conservative frustration.
Agreed. The problem is that this article can't be that starting point. So start without it.

The simple fact is that conservatives have been insisting, over and over again, that if we let in Muslims into the US and Europe, we are going to see more crime, more terrorism, and more problems for us.
I'd say that the conservatives are right, though not singularly about Muslims, but about immigrants in general, who are nearly twice as likely to live in poverty, the wellspring of a disproportionate amount of criminal, especially violent criminal behavior. Now some Muslims will undoubtedly use the cover of legitimate immigrants to enter in order to do harm. But the question becomes one of principle. Do we seal our borders out of fear of what the minority might do? If so then do we restrict it to Muslims? Is Muslim immigration a source of criminal activity above and beyond other immigrants?

The liberals, of course, seem to think that this won't happen, and imply that we are bigots and racists for even thinking that.
I don't know many people to my left who aren't aware of the danger or who think everyone nervous enough to have qualms is a racist. France has already paid for its immigration principle in blood. They haven't shut their borders. They're saying to the legitimate refugees what we should have said to the Jews we turned back once upon a time.

Well, lo and behold, there are more and more Muslims in Europe, and we are seeing more and more crime, more rape, and a whole bunch of other problems that didn't use to be there. Sweden is the rape capital of Europe because of Muslims.
Where's your hard data on that? I saw an anonymous police source on the rape figure. From good data come verifiable conclusions. And from those conclusions can come reasonable restraints, where warranted.

The Handbook of Crime Correlates has immigrant populations raising crime rates in Europe while Canadian and U.S. immigrants actually have lower incidents of criminal activity. It looks like the origin country has a lot to do with it.

And when we point out things like this, liberals seem to have no coherent answer for us.
I think points like that need qualifiers. First, good data. Then, "some". Because the least unified voices I've ever heard are among liberals who vary almost as proudly as conservatives raise the singular flag where possible.

The most that you people can muster is: "But it's only a small minority. Most of them aren't like that. If you want to get rid of all of them because of the actions of a few, then you are a racist!"
Depends on the numbers and how they compare. I'd say an alarmist and reactionary absent compelling data.

Meanwhile, of course, they would never accept this argument from the NRA: "But only a small minority of guns are used for illegal activities. Most gun owners are responsible. If you want to pass stricter laws for all gun-owners because of the actions of a few, then you are anti-freedom, anti-self defense and anti-constitution!"
Let me turn that around. A friend of mine said why entertain even a relatively small risk of real harm. I noted that this is never an argument gun owners accept in relation to their right to bear arms.

The simple fact is this: "Small minority" or not, Europe (and soon, I bet, the US) is facing problems that it didn't have to face before, and the cause of these problems is Islamic immigration. They need to get out and stay out. Period. End of story.
That's one response. But is it a rational one? If most immigrant populations pose a risk of an increase in crime and are twice as likely as native populations to find themselves in poverty and we know that poverty is the disproportionate seed of criminal activity then you could make the argument that all immigration should be suspended and that only a few highly screened individuals should be permitted to enter.

Of course the problem with that is that from these immigrant populationss, across our history, have come some of the most innovative and brilliant minds and enterprises.

"An authoritative 1997 study by the National Academy of Sciences (NAS) concluded that immigration delivered a “significant positive gain” to the U.S. economy." Cato Institute (link)

And the impact of an anti immigration policy on our economy could be sizable, from students to tourists.

You disagree with me?
I disagree with any conclusion that predates substantive, serious consideration and facts in support. So in part I have to, though I think you raise issues that bear scrutiny and that's always a good thing, provided we're prepared, on all sides, to learn from the findings and we take care how we compile the data.

Then that just tells me that you value this "diversity" liberal nonsense more than you actually value law, order and safety.
Now that's not a statement I can or should be expected to respect. That's not an invitation to the discourse and discussion you say you want. It's declaration wrapped in an insult.

If you want better, do better.

Arthur Brain

Yep.

And while it may be technically legal, women do what should be seen as criminal to men all the time. There are women who do a lot of nasty things to men. They need to not only be disavowed from special privilege, but there needs to be a massive repeal in domestic courts.

Liberals are good at throwing shade on whatever doesn't specifically benefit them, and ignoring issues that do not pertain wholly to themselves.

"Disavowed from special privilege"?!

You really are one pompous little nutter...

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
"Disavowed from special privilege"?!

You really are one pompous little nutter...

Yep. Take the house, take the kids- be denied social services, quotas, and every other ridiculous thing these so called under privileged women have.

Seems fair to me. If she wants to be that selfish, let her slave by it.

That's not pompous, that's square. But I understand that feminists such as yourself have absolutely no idea of the concept of 'fair' or even, ironically, 'equality'.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yep. Take the house, take the kids- be denied social services, quotas, and every other ridiculous thing these so called under privileged women have.

Need a hanky?

Seems fair to me.

Awesome! Because the opinion of a mentally deficient male who keeps sneaking in the forum that he was clearly not welcome in (umpteen times) with newly made usernames is so very important.

If she wants to be that selfish, let her slave by it.

:D

That's not pompous, that's square. But I understand that feminists such as yourself have absolutely no idea of the concept of 'fair' or even, ironically, 'equality'.

Oh, you poor thing. Such unfairness thrown your way. If it makes you feel any better, I am already over it.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Seems fair to me. If she wants to be that selfish, let her slave by it.

Did you get turned down at your High School Prom? Is that why
you're angry at the Ladies?

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
I'd say that the conservatives are right, though not singularly about Muslims, but about immigrants in general, who are nearly twice as likely to live in poverty, the wellspring of a disproportionate amount of criminal, especially violent criminal behavior.

I'm not convinced that all immigrant demographics are created equal. Documented vs. undocumented immigrants? Muslim vs. Catholic immigrants? Mexican vs. British?

That said, you basically admit this point later on in your posting, though you restrict your claim to "country of origin." I doubt that's the whole truth, though. A legal, documented immigrant from Mexico is probably less likely to be a criminal than an undocumented fence-jumper.

But I don't know. I don't have the statistics. It seems plausible, though.

Now some Muslims will undoubtedly use the cover of legitimate immigrants to enter in order to do harm. But the question becomes one of principle. Do we seal our borders out of fear of what the minority might do? If so then do we restrict it to Muslims? Is Muslim immigration a source of criminal activity above and beyond other immigrants?

Again, I deny that all minorities are created equal. Those weren't undocumented Mexican illegals harassing women in Cologne. The problem with Muslims is that, in addition to the fact that they come from crappy countries, and in addition to the fact that they tend to be poor and uneducated, they also come from a culture and hold to a "religious" doctrine which is particularly dangerous and hostile to the West and to western values.

Do you honestly want me to believe that Syrian Eastern Catholic immigrants would be as dangerous as Syrian Muslim immigrants?

Because, again, I'm pretty sure that those weren't Syrian Eastern Catholic immigrants harassing women in Cologne. Just saying.

At any rate, I believe I've been quite clear in my message:

Expel all Muslim immigrants from the West.

I don't know many people to my left who aren't aware of the danger or who think everyone nervous enough to have qualms is a racist.

I posted my response to you, i.e., the long post to which you responded, to a predominately liberal forum (I posted it as a thread). It was locked and I received a warning for posting it: trolling and troll-bait within an hour and a half of my posting it.

And I've seen liberals talking about this on TOL and other places.

"Racist" is a pretty common term that liberals like to throw out in these circumstances.

France has already paid for its immigration principle in blood. They haven't shut their borders.

I'm sorry, was I accusing French politicians of being particularly bright? What's your point? :p

They're saying to the legitimate refugees what we should have said to the Jews we turned back once upon a time.

Funny, I don't believe that Jewish immigrants were harassing women at Cologne.

Where's your hard data on that? I saw an anonymous police source on the rape figure. From good data come verifiable conclusions. And from those conclusions can come reasonable restraints, where warranted.

It's commonly repeated by conservative sources.

That said, I just googled to see whether Snopes had anything debunking it, and I couldn't find anything. I did, however, come across a Snopes forum discussion on the claim that 70% of all rapes in Denmark are committed by immigrants...which nobody could seem to debunk.

I google searched the swedish rape thing, and liberals tend to respond by saying that the swedish definition of rape is tighter, and more women tend to report it.

Nonetheless, at least one party in Sweden does cite at least one study indicating that Muslim immigrants are much more likely to commit rape (5.5 times more likely).

Muslim immigrants are dangerous.

Let me turn that around. A friend of mine said why entertain even a relatively small risk of real harm. I noted that this is never an argument gun owners accept in relation to their right to bear arms.

I agree. A small risk of harm, in and of itself, is not a sufficient argument either way.

Last edited:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
no, its THESE 'little' men - intentually inserting that all the men here are little and agree with the sentiments, effectively shutting down conversation, like a whiny 3 year old. So she can object if all men here are not in immediate agreement with her.

Total propaganda. Total dishonesty and total lack of intellect.

the sad thing is, she didn't used to be this way

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
The National Intimate Partner and Sexual Violence Survey | 2010 Summary Report | Executive Summary

Number and Sex
of Perpetrators
• Across all types of violence, the
majority of both female and male victims reported experiencing violence from one perpetrator.
Across all types of violence, the majority of female victims reported that their perpetrators were male.
Male rape victims and male victims of non-contact unwanted sexual experiences reported predominantly male perpetrators. Nearly half of stalking victimizations against males were also perpetrated by males. Perpetrators of other forms of violence against males were mostly female.

Violence in the 12 Months Prior to Taking the Survey
• One percent, or approximately
1.3 million women, reported being raped by any perpetrator in the 12 months prior to taking the survey.
• Approximately 1 in 20 women and men (5.6% and 5.3%, respectively) experienced sexual violence victimization other than rape by any perpetrator in the
12 months prior to taking the survey.
• About 4% of women and 1.3%
of men were stalked in the 12 months prior to taking the survey.
An estimated 1 in 17 women
and 1 in 20 men (5.9% and 5.0%, respectively) experienced rape, physical violence, and/or stalking by an intimate partner in the 12 months prior to taking the survey.

State-Level Estimates
• Across all types of violence examined in this report, state- level estimates varied with lifetime estimates for women ranging from 11.4% to 29.2% for rape; 28.9% to 58% for sexual violence other than rape; and 25.3% to 49.1% for rape, physical violence, and/or stalking by an intimate partner.
• For men, lifetime estimates ranged from 10.8% to 33.7% for sexual violence other than rape; and 17.4% to 41.2% for rape, physical violence, and/or stalking by an intimate partner.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I saw what you did there, sod. Twice. :chuckle:

The National Intimate Partner and Sexual Violence Survey | 2010 Summary Report | Executive Summary

Number and Sex of Perpetrators
• Across all types of violence, the majority of both female and male victims reported experiencing violence from one perpetrator.
Across all types of violence, the majority of female victims reported that their perpetrators were male.
Male rape victims and male victims of non-contact unwanted sexual experiences reported predominantly male perpetrators. Nearly half of stalking victimizations against males were also perpetrated by males. Perpetrators of other forms of violence against males were mostly female.

Violence in the 12 Months Prior to Taking the Survey
• One percent, or approximately 1.3 million women, reported being raped by any perpetrator in the 12 months prior to taking the survey.
• Approximately 1 in 20 women and men (5.6% and 5.3%, respectively) experienced sexual violence victimization other than rape by any perpetrator in the 12 months prior to taking the survey.
• About 4% of women and 1.3% of men were stalked in the 12 months prior to taking the survey.
An estimated 1 in 17 women and 1 in 20 men (5.9% and 5.0%, respectively) experienced rape, physical violence, and/or stalking by an intimate partner in the 12 months prior to taking the survey.

State-Level Estimates
• Across all types of violence examined in this report, state- level estimates varied with lifetime estimates for women ranging from 11.4% to 29.2% for rape; 28.9% to 58% for sexual violence other than rape; and 25.3% to 49.1% for rape, physical violence, and/or stalking by an intimate partner.
• For men, lifetime estimates ranged from 10.8% to 33.7% for sexual violence other than rape; and 17.4% to 41.2% for rape, physical violence, and/or stalking by an intimate partner.

ok doser

I'll tell you what's statistically an actual and more demonstrably prevalent occurance every day: domestic violence. It's almost entirely male ...

well, let's see what the CDC has to say about it:
CDC Study: More Men than Women Victims of Partner Abuse

SUMMARY: According to a 2010 national survey by the Centers for Disease Control and Department of Justice, in the last 12 months more men than women were victims of intimate partner physical violence and over 40% of severe physical violence was directed at men.

looks like the CDC says you're full of crap :idunno:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I'm not convinced that all immigrant demographics are created equal. Documented vs. undocumented immigrants? Muslim vs. Catholic immigrants? Mexican vs. British?
Now you're approaching the point of my questions. We need to have a solid footing on the subject or we're just trading in fear and loathing of the other.

Again, I deny that all minorities are created equal.
Which sort are less equal and by what measure? There are obvious answers that will likely be supported by objective data and then there's the other. My focus is on distinguishing between the two.

Those weren't undocumented Mexican illegals harassing women in Cologne.
Doesn't establish a rule and beyond that is a causality problem though. The data should lead us through factors and allow for a more inclusive understanding of the problem, to the extent it exists and approaches the rule.

The problem with Muslims...
A sentence that broad rarely contains an ending steeped in dispassionate observation. Maybe the latter is your religious and/or personal bias in play. Stick to data.

Do you honestly want me to believe that Syrian Eastern Catholic immigrants would be as dangerous as Syrian Muslim immigrants?
Can Catholics commit murder? Rape? The rest is data.

Because, again, I'm pretty sure that those weren't Syrian Eastern Catholic immigrants harassing women in Cologne. Just saying.
I saw a white guy set fire to a field. You can't trust white guys near your fields. A smaller version of your problem here.

At any rate, I believe I've been quite clear in my message:

Expel all Muslim immigrants from the West.
And without that data you've reached a conclusion.You're educated enough to understand the mistake you're making here and have had it pointed out in any event. What you're suggesting works an injustice against those who have not by their actions merited the exclusion. Beyond that it's impractical. You want to start building the great wall of Europe?

...I've seen liberals talking about this on TOL and other places. "Racist" is a pretty common term that liberals like to throw out in these circumstances.
So most Muslim immigrants and now most liberals?

I'm sorry, was I accusing French politicians of being particularly bright? What's your point? :p
My point on France is that though they're faced with actual damage they haven't responded as you are and they haven't abandoned the open nature of a free society.

Funny, I don't believe that Jewish immigrants were harassing women at Cologne.
Neither are most Muslim immigrants.

It's commonly repeated by conservative sources.
So if most liberal sources actually did suggest that conservatives were racist that would make it true? That's your standard of proof as an academician? :plain:

I did, however, come across a Snopes forum discussion on the claim that 70% of all rapes in Denmark are committed by immigrants...which nobody could seem to debunk.
The rejection would be the same data that would sustain a claim: data.

...at least one party in Sweden does cite at least one study indicating that Muslim immigrants are much more likely to commit rape (5.5 times more likely).
Great. Link to it.

Muslim immigrants are dangerous.
Some doubtless are. But so is the tendency to stereotype out of our internal dispositions instead of looking for the truth, comfortable or not, contained in objective data.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
well, let's see what the CDC has to say about it:

looks like the CDC says you're full of crap :idunno:
No, it doesn't. The rule isn't found in an attempt to cherry pick to fuel your person problems. Even in the year you're noting men comprised only 40% of those men were the victims of severe violence.

Anna has the side bar on who is doing what, by gender. So I won't revisit it.

A 1995-96 study in all fifty states found that 25% of women and 7.6% of men had been the victims of rape or other violence from their former spouses, partners or otherwise romantically associated individuals.

And while the more serious violence is disproportionately found among women victims, there's no shortage of men suffering some degree of it.

The National Coalition Against Domestic Violence notes that:

1 in 3 women and 1 in 4 men will suffer some form of physical violence at the hands of a partner in their lifetime and that 1 in 5 and 1 in 71 men will be raped within their lifetime. 19.3 and 5.1 million men have been stalked. 72% of all murder-suicides involve an intimate partner; 94% of the victims of these murder suicides are female.

Or, again, women are the disproportionate victims of domestic violence.

ok doser

town sez: "it's almost entirely male"

the cdc sez: "more men than women were victims of intimate partner physical violence and over 40% of severe physical violence was directed at men"

furthermore, the cdc followup to their study sez:
Spoiler
town's full of crap