ECT The Gospel Preached at Pentecost

Jerry Shugart

The reason you keep arguing about this and the ridiculous open theism junk is because you are trying to convince yourself that what you've reasoned up is true. But it isn't. You're building with wood hay stubble bro. Your loss.

That doesn't excuse your inability to tell the difference between Damascus and Arabia. Some people live in a fantasy world and you probably still think that you are the best surfer over there in Hawaii!

Interplanner

That doesn't excuse your inability to tell the difference between Damascus and Arabia. Some people live in a fantasy world and you probably still think that you are the best surfer over there in Hawaii!

But Jerry, you read Jn 2 and say 'destroy this temple' has nothing to do with Christ's death because there was another 2P2P gospel for sale at that time.

Interplanner

The question is whether he was preaching it or not that early. And the question of whether he was speaking of his death. Yes on both. You are mistaken on both because 2P2P is a cult that crams you full of things that are not there 'so that the Bible makes sense.'

You just don't follow a thought do you?

Peter did not blow up at Christ for mentioning the resurrection. He rebuked him for saying he would be dying. This was known all along. You might even say, the death was known all along but not the resurrection. But when later comments come in the gospels, it is not about the fact of his death, it is what it means in their departure from the Judaism they grew up in.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
The Gospel Preached at Pentecost

I can't surf

Danoh

The question is whether he was preaching it or not that early. And the question of whether he was speaking of his death. Yes on both. You are mistaken on both because 2P2P is a cult that crams you full of things that are not there 'so that the Bible makes sense.'

Peter did not blow up at Christ for mentioning the resurrection. He rebuked him for saying he would be dying. This was known all along. You might even say, the death was known all along but not the resurrection. But when later comments come in the gospels, it is not about the fact of his death, it is what it means in their departure from the Judaism they grew up in.

Prove it to us.

Lay out a series of actual passages of Scripture showing that exact progression.

We all doubt you even know in what chapters such passages might be found.

Put up, or shut up o lightless one.

Isaiah 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

Jerry Shugart

Peter did not blow up at Christ for mentioning the resurrection. He rebuked him for saying he would be dying. This was known all along.

Peter did not even know that the Lord Jesus was going to die until shortly before the Cross:

"And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again. And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken"
(Lk.18:34).​

So anyone in their right mind knows that the gospel which they were preaching at Luke 9:6 said nothing about the Lord Jesus' death being for sin.

SaulToPaul 2

Once again,
Luke 18:31-34 (KJV)

SaulToPaul 2

Peter did not even know that the Lord Jesus was going to die until shortly before the Cross:

"And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again. And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken"

So anyone in their right mind knows that the gospel which they were preaching at Luke 9:6 said nothing about the Lord Jesus' death being for sin.

Interplanner's "one gospelism" falls with this one verse.
One gospelism is impossible.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned

It's cute when you try to do Man things.

Jesus later presented the gospel of His death burial and resurrection to the disciples before He went up.

Eventually God will reveal this to you.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Jerry Shugart

It's cute when you try to do Man things.

Jesus later presented the gospel of His death burial and resurrection to the disciples before He went up.

Eventually God will reveal this to you.

Nothing which you said answers the question of what the Twelve were preaching in the gospel spoken of at Luke 9:6.

Jerry Shugart

Interplanner's "one gospelism" falls with this one verse.
One gospelism is impossible.

Yes, and the following facts completely destroys the ideas of those who deny that two different gospels were preached during the Acts period:

Not long after Paul was converted on the Damascus road he preached the following message to the Jews:

"And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God.....proving that this is the very Christ"
(Acts 9:20,22).​

At that time Paul had not yet received the gospel which he was to preach among the Gentiles. Later he wrote the following:

"But when God, who set me apart from birth and called me by his grace, was pleased to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles, I did not consult any man, nor did I go up to Jerusalem to see those who were apostles before I was, but I went immediately into Arabia and later returned to Damascus"
(Gal.1:15-17).​

When Paul received a gospel from the Lord Jesus on the Damascus road he immediately went to Damascus (Acts 9:6-8). But when he received the gospel which he preached among the Gentiles he went immediately into Arabia. That can only mean that two different gospels were preached during the Acts period.

Those within the one-gospelism community have seen these facts and not even one of them have attempted to address these facts. They are like deer caught in the headlights, a syndrome caused by panic and anxiety and fear!

Last edited:

Jerry Shugart

Are you having a hard time understanding the gospel of the kingdom spoken of by the prophets?

No, I am not. The heart and soul of the gospel of the kingdom declares that the Lord Jesus is the King, the Christ. And those who believed that gospel were saved.

You are having a hard time telling the difference between Damascus and Arabia.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
No, I am not. The heart and soul of the gospel of the kingdom declares that the Lord Jesus is the King, the Christ. And those who believed that gospel were saved.

You are having a hard time telling the difference between Damascus and Arabia.

Wrong.
The heart and soul of the kingdom is that the Messiah will lead Israel to finally fulfill their calling to represent God to humanity.

Interplanner

Wrong.
The heart and soul of the kingdom is that the Messiah will lead Israel to finally fulfill their calling to represent God to humanity.

Into is correct if he means that this was achieved in Jesus and the apostles. That is the true Israel of God.