The Enlightening Power of the Holy Spirit in the Gospel

Robert Pate

Banned
On the day of Pentecost thousand of Jews heard the Gospel of Jesus Christ and became Christians, Acts 2:41 also Acts 4:4. Some of these Jews had participated in the crucifixon of Christ, Acts 2:23 also Acts 2:36. This is probably one of the most astounding events in the New Testament. "Faith came by hearing and hearing by the word of God" Romans 10:17. Which is the Gospel.

The Holy Spirit and the Gospel are inseparable. When the Gospel is preached the Holy Spirit is there to convince people of their need for Jesus Christ. Even though about 8000 Jews heard and believed the Gospel, there were probably many more that heard but did not believe. Not everyone that hears the Gospel believes the Gospel. Paul wrote, "For unto us was the Gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it" Hebrews 4:2. There were some there that saw no advantage to believing the Gospel. This is the way that it is. We are not responsible for those who hear, but do not respond to the Gospel. Our only responsibility is to preach it. We are not responsible for the salvation of others. Everybody is responsible for their own salvation.

The Gospel enlightens. Religion blinds. When the Gospel is preached the Holy Spirit is there to enlighten our understanding of the Gospel, Paul wrote, "The eyes of your understand being enlightened; that you might know what is the hope of his calling and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints, and what is the exceeding greatness of his power is toward us who believe, according to the working of his mighty power" Ephesians 1:18, 19.

The only condition for our salvation is that we believe in Jesus. We believe that he is our savior and is the savior of the whole world, 1 John 4:14. To not believe that Jesus is the savior of the whole world is to believe that Jesus is not Lord. If Jesus is NOT Lord, then we are all still in our sins without hope.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
One must first, hear the Gospel of their salvation, then, place their
faith in Christ as their personal Savior in order to be truly saved.
The saving process is the work of the Holy Spirit. As you say, some
hear the Gospel yet, choose to reject it.

RBBI

I beg to differ with you. Not one of those Jews in Acts became a "Christian". What they were, were Jews who recognized that THEIR Messiah had come. They still went to synagogue, still attended the appointed feasts, still did everything according to the pattern, as did Yeshua and the apostles. The ONLY difference was they, like Yeshua after His water baptism, received the Spirit. Salvation is OF THE Jews. It was their book, their pattern given Moses, their feasts to partake of, their Messiah, their promises extended to the gentiles.

The branch that was the gentiles boasted itself against the tree THAT THEY WERE GRAFTED INTO, denied their true identity, until the breach occurred. The breach has had devastating beyond words results (unless you really think He intended for there to be 33,000 different sects in this country alone, not to mention the rest of the known world like Japan who has 5 million "gods"), supplying us with a many-membered scaled beast to be dealt with at the end of the age, which is nearly upon us, only a whisper in time away.

They were first called "Christians" at Antioch. Don't you find that an odd statement? I mean why even mention it? There's a reason. Study it out, you might be surprised at what you find.

This is what Sha'ul, who wrote most of the NT declared near the end of his life.

Acts 24:10 10 When the governor had beckoned to him to speak, Sha'ul answered, "Because I know that you have been a judge of this nation for many years, I cheerfully make my defense, 11 seeing that you can recognize that it is not more than twelve days since I went up to worship at Yerushalayim. 12 In the temple they didn't find me disputing with anyone or stirring up a crowd, either in the synagogues, or in the city. 13 Nor can they prove to you the things whereof they now accuse me. 14 But this I confess to you, that after the way, which they call heresy, so I serve the God of our fathers, believing all things which are according to the law, and which are written in the prophets; 15 having hope toward God, which these also themselves look for, that there will be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust. 16 Herein I also practice always having a conscience void of offense toward God and men. 17 Now after some years, I came to bring gifts to the needy to my nation, and offerings; 18 amid which certain Yehudim from Asia found me purified in the temple, with no crowd, nor yet with tumult.

Sha'ul would have gone to Jerusalem at the very least, for one of the 3 main mo'eds (divine appointments) that HaShem commanded to be observed FOREVER. And note he was going AFTER Yeshua died. I guess he didn't get the memo?

The room's getting pretty crowded with elephants already.....Peace

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Banned
I beg to differ with you. Not one of those Jews in Acts became a "Christian". What they were, were Jews who recognized that THEIR Messiah had come. They still went to synagogue, still attended the appointed feasts, still did everything according to the pattern, as did Yeshua and the apostles. The ONLY difference was they, like Yeshua after His water baptism, received the Spirit. Salvation is OF THE Jews. It was their book, their pattern given Moses, their feasts to partake of, their Messiah, their promises extended to the gentiles.

The branch that was the gentiles boasted itself against the tree THAT THEY WERE GRAFTED INTO, denied their true identity, until the breach occurred. The breach has had devastating beyond words results (unless you really think He intended for there to be 33,000 different sects in this country alone, not to mention the rest of the known world like Japan who has 5 million "gods"), supplying us with a many-membered scaled beast to be dealt with at the end of the age, which is nearly upon us, only a whisper in time away.

They were first called "Christians" at Antioch. Don't you find that an odd statement? I mean why even mention it? There's a reason. Study it out, you might be surprised at what you find.

This is what Sha'ul, who wrote most of the NT declared near the end of his life.

Acts 24:10 10 When the governor had beckoned to him to speak, Sha'ul answered, "Because I know that you have been a judge of this nation for many years, I cheerfully make my defense, 11 seeing that you can recognize that it is not more than twelve days since I went up to worship at Yerushalayim. 12 In the temple they didn't find me disputing with anyone or stirring up a crowd, either in the synagogues, or in the city. 13 Nor can they prove to you the things whereof they now accuse me. 14 But this I confess to you, that after the way, which they call heresy, so I serve the God of our fathers, believing all things which are according to the law, and which are written in the prophets; 15 having hope toward God, which these also themselves look for, that there will be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust. 16 Herein I also practice always having a conscience void of offense toward God and men. 17 Now after some years, I came to bring gifts to the needy to my nation, and offerings; 18 amid which certain Yehudim from Asia found me purified in the temple, with no crowd, nor yet with tumult.

Sha'ul would have gone to Jerusalem at the very least, for one of the 3 main mo'eds (divine appointments) that HaShem commanded to be observed FOREVER. And note he was going AFTER Yeshua died. I guess he didn't get the memo?

The room's getting pretty crowded with elephants already.....Peace

The scripture plainly says... "Then they received his word (Peters Gospel) were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them (The Church) about 3,000 souls" Acts 2:41.

"Howbeit many of them which heard the word (Peters Gospel) believed; and the number was about 5,000" Acts 4:4.

In the light of the scriptures, it appears that you don't know what you are talking about.

RBBI

Did you bother to read who THEY were? Devout men, JEWISH men, who had come from everywhere for Pentecost; scholars estimate there were at least 18 native languages present that day, but they were ALL Jews, unless there were a few "godfearers" as they called them, thrown in for good measure. There was no "church" as we perceive of it today, the men who wanted the division to begin with, did not correctly translate the word that would have been used there (which would have been a Hebrew word since the texts would have all been written in Hebrew to begin with since they all were DEVOUT Jews), because they were studiously working on shipwrecking what HaShem had started, for their own wicked gain by making sure they Helenized the gospel. Peace

Last edited:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

There is no record that Paul observed Sukkot after Jesus asked him to quit harassing his people.

For one thing, Sukkot is prohibited to Gentiles.

You shall dwell in booths for seven days. All who are native Israelites shall dwell in booths. (Leviticus 23:42 NKJV)​

RBBI

There is no record that Paul observed Sukkot after Jesus asked him to quit harassing his people.

For one thing, Sukkot is prohibited to Gentiles.

You shall dwell in booths for seven days. All who are native Israelites shall dwell in booths. (Leviticus 23:42 NKJV)​

Really? Did you bother to read the above portion in Acts? Let's look again in a few other translations to make you feel more secure, for those of you that must be drowned before you willingly give up the ghost.

New International Version
"After an absence of several years, I came to Jerusalem to bring my people gifts for the poor and to present offerings.

New Living Translation
"After several years away, I returned to Jerusalem with money to aid my people and to offer sacrifices to God.

English Standard Version
Now after several years I came to bring alms to my nation and to present offerings.

Berean Study Bible
After several years, then, I returned to Jerusalem to bring alms to my people and to present offerings.

Berean Literal Bible
Now after many years, I arrived to bring alms to my nation, and offerings,

New American Standard Bible
"Now after several years I came to bring alms to my nation and to present offerings;

King James Bible
Now after many years I came to bring alms to my nation, and offerings.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
After many years, I came to bring charitable gifts and offerings to my nation,

International Standard Version
After many years, I have come back to my people to bring gifts for the poor and to offer sacrifices.

NET Bible
After several years I came to bring to my people gifts for the poor and to present offerings,

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
“But for many years I have come before my people to give charity and to offer gifts.”

GOD'S WORD® Translation
After many years I have come back to my people and brought gifts for the poor and offerings [for God].

It's called Korban. It's a Jewish practice dictated by law. He was presenting them in the temple. And that's not all....let's look at verse 18 in several translations....

New International Version
I was ceremonially clean when they found me in the temple courts doing this. There was no crowd with me, nor was I involved in any disturbance.

New Living Translation
My accusers saw me in the Temple as I was completing a purification ceremony. There was no crowd around me and no rioting.

English Standard Version
While I was doing this, they found me purified in the temple, without any crowd or tumult. But some Jews from Asia—

Berean Study Bible
At the time they found me in the temple, I was ceremonially clean and was not inciting a crowd or an uproar. But there are some Jews from the province of Asia

Berean Literal Bible
during which they found me purified in the temple, not with a crowd nor in tumult. But there are some Jews from Asia,

in which they found me occupied in the temple, having been purified, without any crowd or uproar. But there were some Jews from Asia--

King James Bible
Whereupon certain Jews from Asia found me purified in the temple, neither with multitude, nor with tumult.

and while I was doing this, some Jews from Asia found me ritually purified in the temple, without a crowd and without any uproar.

They found me in the Temple doing these things just as I had completed the purification ceremony. No crowd or noisy mob was present.

NET Bible
which I was doing when they found me in the temple, ritually purified, without a crowd or a disturbance.

“And these men found me in The Temple when I had been purified, not with the crowds, neither with a tumult.”

GOD'S WORD® Translation
My accusers found me in the temple courtyard doing these things after I had gone through the purification ceremony. No crowd or noisy mob was present.

Do I need to explain also what he was doing in the purification ceremony also, or do you see that the traditions of men that Helenized the Word for their own greed, evil motives, and the desire to keep the souls of men for themselves, have blinded most to the JEWISH context in front of their eyes?

What has your last statement about Gentiles got to do with anything? Paul was not a gentile as he expounded in the speech near to the end of his life, he still worshipped HaShem according to the ways of his fathers. What was added, was same thing added to Yeshua. His Spirit. One does not do away with the other. One is the bones, one is the spiritual flesh. One is the Father revealed, one is the Son revealed. This is why it says you can't have the Father without the Son, nor the Son without the Father.

Or do you too have no problem with an elephant in the room? Peace

Last edited:

beloved57

On the day of Pentecost thousand of Jews heard the Gospel of Jesus Christ and became Christians, Acts 2:41 also Acts 4:4. Some of these Jews had participated in the crucifixon of Christ, Acts 2:23 also Acts 2:36. This is probably one of the most astounding events in the New Testament. "Faith came by hearing and hearing by the word of God" Romans 10:17. Which is the Gospel.

The Holy Spirit and the Gospel are inseparable. When the Gospel is preached the Holy Spirit is there to convince people of their need for Jesus Christ. Even though about 8000 Jews heard and believed the Gospel, there were probably many more that heard but did not believe. Not everyone that hears the Gospel believes the Gospel. Paul wrote, "For unto us was the Gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it" Hebrews 4:2. There were some there that saw no advantage to believing the Gospel. This is the way that it is. We are not responsible for those who hear, but do not respond to the Gospel. Our only responsibility is to preach it. We are not responsible for the salvation of others. Everybody is responsible for their own salvation.

The Gospel enlightens. Religion blinds. When the Gospel is preached the Holy Spirit is there to enlighten our understanding of the Gospel, Paul wrote, "The eyes of your understand being enlightened; that you might know what is the hope of his calling and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints, and what is the exceeding greatness of his power is toward us who believe, according to the working of his mighty power" Ephesians 1:18, 19.

The only condition for our salvation is that we believe in Jesus. We believe that he is our savior and is the savior of the whole world, 1 John 4:14. To not believe that Jesus is the savior of the whole world is to believe that Jesus is not Lord. If Jesus is NOT Lord, then we are all still in our sins without hope.

If you have been enlightened by the Spirit of God, why do you teach salvation by works, and why do you deny the saving death of Christ ? You teach that millions for whom Christ died shall yet perish in their sins He died for !

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
"Acceptance of Jesus" is a gift of God. * No one
even seeks for God ( Romans 3:11 ). * If the Lord
waited around until someone accepted Him,
NOBODY would be saved.

* * "For by grace you have been saved
* * *through faith; and that not of yourselves,
* * *it is the gift of God, and not as a result
* * *of works" *( Ephesians 2:8 *NASB )

This is what being "born again" is about. * It's NOT
of ourselves, but -rather- God changing us.

Robert Pate

Banned
"Acceptance of Jesus" is a gift of God. * No one
even seeks for God ( Romans 3:11 ). * If the Lord
waited around until someone accepted Him,
NOBODY would be saved.

* * "For by grace you have been saved
* * *through faith; and that not of yourselves,
* * *it is the gift of God, and not as a result
* * *of works" *( Ephesians 2:8 *NASB )

This is what being "born again" is about. * It's NOT
of ourselves, but -rather- God changing us.

The Holy Spirit is in the world calling all to come to Christ, Hebrews 3:15.

Robert Pate

Banned
Did you bother to read who THEY were? Devout men, JEWISH men, who had come from everywhere for Pentecost; scholars estimate there were at least 18 native languages present that day, but they were ALL Jews, unless there were a few "godfearers" as they called them, thrown in for good measure. There was no "church" as we perceive of it today, the men who wanted the division to begin with, did not correctly translate the word that would have been used there (which would have been a Hebrew word since the texts would have all been written in Hebrew to begin with since they all were DEVOUT Jews), because they were studiously working on shipwrecking what HaShem had started, for their own wicked gain by making sure they Helenized the gospel. Peace

The scripture stands. They heard the Gospel, they believed the Gospel and they were saved.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Do I need to explain also what he was doing in the purification ceremony also...

A purification ceremony is not Sukkot which is erroneously referred to as Tabernacles in the KJV. A tabernacle is not a booth made of branches.

In Cenchrea Paul made a vow and shaved his head and then went to Jerusalem to fulfill his vow. This had nothing to do with festival observance.

We don't know what Paul's vow was or why he made the vow.

Again, Paul's vow had nothing to do with Sukkot or Leviticus 23 instructions. Paul had made himself dead to the Mosaic law through baptism and the receiving of the Holy Spirit.

Robert Pate

Banned
A purification ceremony is not Sukkot which is erroneously referred to as Tabernacles in the KJV. A tabernacle is not a booth made of branches.

In Cenchrea Paul made a vow and shaved his head and then went to Jerusalem to fulfill his vow. This had nothing to do with festival observance.

Again, Paul's vow had nothing to do with Sukkot or Leviticus 23 instructions. Paul had made himself dead to the Mosaic law through baptism and the receiving of the Holy Spirit.

Paul was trying to be all things to all men that he might win some.

It almost cost him his life.

RBBI

The scripture stands. They heard the Gospel, they believed the Gospel and they were saved.

I never said they WEREN'T. My point is, they were devout Jews, and they didn't have to CHANGE anything but their hearts, which they obviously did. The did not rush out and proclaim themselves "Christians", they proclaimed THEIR Messiah had come. Completely, different mindset. Peace

Robert Pate

Banned
I never said they WEREN'T. My point is, they were devout Jews, and they didn't have to CHANGE anything but their hearts, which they obviously did. The did not rush out and proclaim themselves "Christians", they proclaimed THEIR Messiah had come. Completely, different mindset. Peace

There was more to it than proclaiming that their Messiah had come.

They had been effected by what Peter had preached, Acts 2:37.

Peter's message turned Jerusalem upside down, Acts 2:43-47.

It was the birth of the New Testament church.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
*How can a dead man believe? *He is gifted with life that enables him
to act and for his heart to respond. *The faith to
believe is a gift of life from God . . .number one step in salvation!

RBBI

Your points are all over the place here, and I'll see if I understand what you're trying to say. I'm going to assume (if not it's ok, it's good point anyway) you're are referring to John 7:2. Let's look at all the translations. The one feast Yeshua went into initially in secret....was the Feast of Tabernacles.

New Living Translation
But soon it was time for the Jewish Festival of Shelters,

English Standard Version
Now the Jews’ Feast of Booths was at hand.

Berean Study Bible
However, the Jewish Feast of Tabernacles was near.

Berean Literal Bible
Now the feast of the Jews, that of Booths, was near.

Now the feast of the Jews, the Feast of Booths, was near.

King James Bible
Now the Jews' feast of tabernacles was at hand.

The Jewish Festival of Tabernacles was near,

Now the Jewish Festival of Tents was approaching.

NET Bible
Now the Jewish feast of Tabernacles was near.

And the Jewish Feast of Tabernacles was near.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
The time for the Jewish Festival of Booths was near.

No, no mistranslation here. The Catholics in their vulcate intentionally mistranslated a great many things to anchor their heresies and gain the advantage over masses that didn't even know WHAT they were being robbed of, much less that they WERE being robbed. And they do the same today.

And vows were part and parcel of Judaism, so that's a moot point.

However back to my point, Paul went through a RITUAL CLEANSING (mikveh), in keeping with Jewish law, in order to present his alms and offerings to HaShem, also part of the law pertaining to such practices. It's in the text, you can't take it out. Well, you can, but to your harm.

And he would have done so, and was specific about the days since, because it would have been one of the 3 main mo'eds he was attending and giving it a timeline like that would have been relevant to his audience at the time, which the text makes plain if you know the context and the culture, and most notably the law pertaining to such things. Sort of like if I said I shot off fireworks 12 days ago while I was attending a parade, and you know 12 days ago was the 4th of July, so if you're an American, the comment would make sense to you without further explanation.

He wasn't keeping these things intact because he felt he needed to for justification or salvation, he was keeping them because he was STILL a Jew, and he loved HaShem. In other words, HaShem who looks at the motive of the heart, was looking at a pure motive.

What's "funny" about all this, is my brethren you've read on here who have not met the Messiah Yeshua yet, believe Paul was a Christian and he abandoned HaShem, and as such they reject anything he has to say.

The Christians believe the same thing because they've swallowed a lie from the Hellenization of the Word that is nearly as old as the NT itself thanks to the advent of the RCC and others on the scene early, in their Satanic bid to steal the Word from the hearts of men.

Now if the Spirit is not divided (and It's not), then between they that have the Spirit they claim and those that don't, agreement on this should be impossible. So I wonder how it is they are agreed? Peace

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Banned
*How can a dead man believe? *He is gifted with life that enables him
to act and for his heart to respond. *The faith to
believe is a gift of life from God . . .number one step in salvation!

Dead men come to life by hearing and believing the Gospel, Galatians 3:2.