Did anything positive come out of this story?

Spitfire

Revenge for something dumb someone did when he was 8. Anyone else think the whole idea is a bit... childish?

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Pretty stupid & childish...get over it already, we all had those that were mean to us when we were children and yes we all grow up, maybe if she would have shown up there would have been an apology with dinner...she will never know.

musterion

I think she received it only after the fact? But yeah...he might have been trying to make amends.

Spitfire

Oh... I seem to have misread. Still, I think most people by the time they are adults would agree that they made a lot of mistakes and did a lot of stupidly immature things when they were in their early teens.

I sure hope people aren't out there plotting revenge for things I said or did when I was 14-15. :help:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
She spent 8 years carrying all of that pented-up anger in her, when she just should have let it go.

Whose her next victim for revenge? (There must be a long list).

musterion

I find her mildly loathsome. Had she done this and never said a word about it, okay, whatever, you had your petty grudge revenge, now get on with your life. Instead, she posted what she did on Facebook ("Lookie me!") and boasted to the press about it ("ME!!!"). That makes her as classless and juvenile as the guy who used to bug her. No, she's worse, because you'd think she'd have matured enough to have taken the high road. If that's her level of integrity and self-respect, the guy she stood up really dodged a bullet here.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Just a waste of energy and who knows, the guy might have turned into a wonderful human being. Maybe the best revenge would have been to have made the date, realized how much he had changed, told that guy about the hurt and found something productive and healing in a meaningful exchange.

She'll never know. I feel sorry for her. What did she get out of it, victory over the shadow of a kid that likely doesn't exist in any real form? :plain:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The guy did apologize to the gal, instead of just telling her to get over it.

It would make a happy ever after story if the two of them got together and ended up getting married.

musterion

I meant earlier that it seems he only apologized after she publicized her little stunt. IF he apologized when he asked her out but then she did this anyway, she's even more of a loser.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I meant earlier that it seems he only apologized after she publicized her little stunt. IF he apologized when he asked her out but then she did this anyway, she's even more of a loser.
He apologized after he received the note from the waiter (when she stood him up).

Apparently they had contact even after the failed "date".

He was obviously interested in her to make the date, and show up.

So I'm just kinda wondering if things smoothed over between them after the apology.

Guess I'm still looking for a happy ending!
I like happy endings.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Revenge for something dumb someone did when he was 8. Anyone else think the whole idea is a bit... childish?

We are all human beings, so that means we are all more than familiar with feelings of revenge that come up from time to time (at least in my own life this has happened). Sometimes as children we are filled with rage and revenge when we feel punished and violated
by the only two people in the world who are supposed to love us and care for us and treat us with fairness and respect. These feelings often come from being hit or spanked or verbally abused by Mother or Dad.

All kids go through developmental stages on the way to adulthood and parents need to be aware of the different stages and have a familiarity with the communication skills needed for every stage.

As adults we tend to treat others the way we ourselves have been treated. This often results in behavior that others may label as "childish," but every human behavior has good intentions and we need to find the good intention at the bottom of every behavior and try to speak to that instead of labeling some adult's behavior as "childish."