The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

keypurr

1 Timothy 3:16 New King James Version (NKJV)

16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness:

God was manifested in the flesh,
Justified in the Spirit,
Seen by angels,
Preached among the Gentiles,
Believed on in the world,
Received up in glory.

Same verse in the AENT:

and truly great, is this mystery of righteousness which was revealed in the flesh and righteous in the spirit, and seen by Messengers, and proclaimed among the Gentiles, and believed on in the world, and receive up into glory.

MORE Translations for you friend:

(ASV) And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness; He who was manifested in the flesh, Justified in the spirit, Seen of angels, Preached among the nations, Believed on in the world, Received up in glory.

(BBE) And without argument, great is the secret of religion: He who was seen in the flesh, who was given God's approval in the spirit, was seen by the angels, of whom the good news was given among the nations, in whom the world had faith, who was taken up in glory.

(Bishops) And without doubt, great is that misterie of godlynesse: God was shewed in the flesshe, was iustified in the spirite, was seene among the angels, was preached vnto the gentiles, was beleued on in the worlde, and was receaued vp in glorie.

(CEV) Here is the great mystery of our religion: Christ came as a human. The Spirit proved that he pleased God, and he was seen by angels. Christ was preached to the nations. People in this world put their faith in him, and he was taken up to glory.

(DRB) And evidently great is the mystery of godliness, which was manifested in the flesh, was justified in the spirit, appeared unto angels, hath been preached unto the Gentiles, is believed in the world, is taken up in glory.

(ESV) Great indeed, we confess, is the mystery of godliness: He was manifested in the flesh, vindicated by the Spirit, seen by angels, proclaimed among the nations, believed on in the world, taken up in glory.

(Geneva) And without controuersie, great is the mysterie of godlinesse, which is, God is manifested in the flesh, iustified in the Spirit, seene of Angels, preached vnto the Gentiles, beleeued on in the world, and receiued vp in glorie.

(GNB) No one can deny how great is the secret of our religion: He appeared in human form, was shown to be right by the Spirit, and was seen by angels. He was preached among the nations, was believed in throughout the world, and was taken up to heaven.

(GW) The mystery that gives us our reverence for God is acknowledged to be great: He appeared in his human nature, was approved by the Spirit, was seen by angels, was announced throughout the nations, was believed in the world, and was taken to heaven in glory.

(ISV) By common confession, the secret of our godly worship is great: In flesh was he revealed to sight, Kept righteous by the Spirit's might, Adored by angels singing. To nations was he manifest, Believing souls found peace and rest, Our Lord in heaven reigning!

(KJV) And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

(NAS77) And by common confession great is the mystery of godliness: He who was revealed in the flesh, Was vindicated in the Spirit, Beheld by angels, Proclaimed among the nations, Believed on in the world, Taken up in glory.

(NASB) By common confession, great is the mystery of godliness: He who was revealed in the flesh, Was vindicated in the Spirit, Seen by angels, Proclaimed among the nations, Believed on in the world, Taken up in glory.

(NET.) And we all agree, our religion contains amazing revelation:
He was revealed in the flesh,
vindicated by the Spirit,
seen by angels,
proclaimed among Gentiles,
believed on in the world,
taken up in glory.

(NIrV) There is no doubt that godliness is a great mystery. Jesus appeared in a body. The Holy Spirit proved that he was the Son of God. He was seen by angels. He was preached among the nations. People in the world believed in him. He was taken up to heaven in glory.

(NIV) Beyond all question, the mystery of godliness is great: He appeared in a body, was vindicated by the Spirit, was seen by angels, was preached among the nations, was believed on in the world, was taken up in glory.

(NKJV) And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifested in the flesh, Justified in the Spirit, Seen by angels, Preached among the Gentiles, Believed on in the world, Received up in glory.

(NRSV) Without any doubt, the mystery of our religion is great: He was revealed in flesh, vindicated in spirit, seen by angels, proclaimed among Gentiles, believed in throughout the world, taken up in glory.

(NRSVA) Without any doubt, the mystery of our religion is great: He was revealed in flesh, vindicated in spirit, seen by angels, proclaimed among Gentiles, believed in throughout the world, taken up in glory.

(TNIV) Beyond all question, the mystery from which true godliness springs is great: He appeared in a body, was vindicated by the Spirit, was seen by angels, was preached among the nations, was believed on in the world, was taken up in glory.

(YLT) and, confessedly, great is the secret of piety--God was manifested in flesh, declared righteous in spirit, seen by messengers, preached among nations, believed on in the world, taken up in glory!

Notice not ALL say God was sent in the flesh.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
26 Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”

Or the Orthodox Jewish Bible if you prefer the translation.

26 And G-d said, Let Us make man in Our tzelem, after Our demut: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon ha’aretz (the earth).

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
The "Holy" See is also the most corrupt institution on the planet. It is anything but holy!
:blabla:
It's interesting, though, that the Church has said that there is nothing to positively show that God is a Trinity.
Where did/does "the Church" say this?
The closest the Bible comes is Matthew 28:19, and even then nothing there indicates that those three are EQUAL, or even that the H.S. is a person.
2nd Corinthians 13:14 1st Peter 1:2
Matthew 16:18-19 and John 21:15-17 don't even HINT at a trinity.
The Holy See is Trinitarian.

Apple7

If Bart Ehrman translated a version himself to publish, he would write "and the word was a god."

Dead wrong.

Bart Ehrman already has rendered John 1.1 on his blog website, proving you ignorant, yet again, as thus...

bartehrman_100x100.jpg

Bart Ehrman January 7, 2013

I don’t have an informed view of the Jehovah’s Witnesses, although it’s true that Arians believed that Jesus was God but not that he was equal with God the Father or co-eternal with him. John 1:1 — I think the proper translation is “The Word was God.” (In this Gospel Jesus appears to be equal with God — here I disagree with the Arian view — but he is not *identical* with God, a major point I think.)

http://ehrmanblog.org/my-next-book/

Looks like KR has to re-group and lick her wounds.

What is she going to do now that Dr. Ehrman mandates that Jesus IS God in John 1.1...?

All those wasted decades of referring to Dr. Ehrman for her position....thrown out the window...:rotfl:

keypurr

Dead wrong.

Bart Ehrman already has rendered John 1.1 on his blog website, proving you ignorant, yet again, as thus...

Looks like KR has to re-group and lick her wounds.

What is she going to do now that Dr. Ehrman mandates that Jesus IS God in John 1.1...?

All those wasted decades of referring to Dr. Ehrman for her position....thrown out the window...:rotfl:

Bart Ehrman July 29, 2012
I do not think Jesus was anything other than a man. I think that is true of all men. I do not believe there is a God, so I do not think Jesus could be God’s son.

Your celebrating to early kid.

Even when he did believe, he said Jesus was not God. Read his books, you might learn something.

Apple7

Bart Ehrman July 29, 2012
I do not think Jesus was anything other than a man. I think that is true of all men. I do not believe there is a God, so I do not think Jesus could be God’s son.

Your celebrating to early kid.

Even when he did believe, he said Jesus was not God. Read his books, you might learn something.

Pops....

Thanks for sharing his personal beliefs with us.

However, when it comes to what scriptures states, and, as I have already shown, even Dr. Ehrman must confess that the Holy Bible mandates that Jesus is God.

Deal with it, old man....

:cigar:

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Same verse in the AENT:

and truly great, is this mystery of righteousness which was revealed in the flesh and righteous in the spirit, and seen by Messengers, and proclaimed among the Gentiles, and believed on in the world, and receive up into glory.

MORE Translations for you friend:

(ASV) And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness; He who was manifested in the flesh, Justified in the spirit, Seen of angels, Preached among the nations, Believed on in the world, Received up in glory.

(BBE) And without argument, great is the secret of religion: He who was seen in the flesh, who was given God's approval in the spirit, was seen by the angels, of whom the good news was given among the nations, in whom the world had faith, who was taken up in glory.

(Bishops) And without doubt, great is that misterie of godlynesse: God was shewed in the flesshe, was iustified in the spirite, was seene among the angels, was preached vnto the gentiles, was beleued on in the worlde, and was receaued vp in glorie.

(CEV) Here is the great mystery of our religion: Christ came as a human. The Spirit proved that he pleased God, and he was seen by angels. Christ was preached to the nations. People in this world put their faith in him, and he was taken up to glory.

(DRB) And evidently great is the mystery of godliness, which was manifested in the flesh, was justified in the spirit, appeared unto angels, hath been preached unto the Gentiles, is believed in the world, is taken up in glory.

(ESV) Great indeed, we confess, is the mystery of godliness: He was manifested in the flesh, vindicated by the Spirit, seen by angels, proclaimed among the nations, believed on in the world, taken up in glory.

(Geneva) And without controuersie, great is the mysterie of godlinesse, which is, God is manifested in the flesh, iustified in the Spirit, seene of Angels, preached vnto the Gentiles, beleeued on in the world, and receiued vp in glorie.

(GNB) No one can deny how great is the secret of our religion: He appeared in human form, was shown to be right by the Spirit, and was seen by angels. He was preached among the nations, was believed in throughout the world, and was taken up to heaven.

(GW) The mystery that gives us our reverence for God is acknowledged to be great: He appeared in his human nature, was approved by the Spirit, was seen by angels, was announced throughout the nations, was believed in the world, and was taken to heaven in glory.

(ISV) By common confession, the secret of our godly worship is great: In flesh was he revealed to sight, Kept righteous by the Spirit's might, Adored by angels singing. To nations was he manifest, Believing souls found peace and rest, Our Lord in heaven reigning!

(KJV) And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

(NAS77) And by common confession great is the mystery of godliness: He who was revealed in the flesh, Was vindicated in the Spirit, Beheld by angels, Proclaimed among the nations, Believed on in the world, Taken up in glory.

(NASB) By common confession, great is the mystery of godliness: He who was revealed in the flesh, Was vindicated in the Spirit, Seen by angels, Proclaimed among the nations, Believed on in the world, Taken up in glory.

(NET.) And we all agree, our religion contains amazing revelation:
He was revealed in the flesh,
vindicated by the Spirit,
seen by angels,
proclaimed among Gentiles,
believed on in the world,
taken up in glory.

(NIrV) There is no doubt that godliness is a great mystery. Jesus appeared in a body. The Holy Spirit proved that he was the Son of God. He was seen by angels. He was preached among the nations. People in the world believed in him. He was taken up to heaven in glory.

(NIV) Beyond all question, the mystery of godliness is great: He appeared in a body, was vindicated by the Spirit, was seen by angels, was preached among the nations, was believed on in the world, was taken up in glory.

(NKJV) And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifested in the flesh, Justified in the Spirit, Seen by angels, Preached among the Gentiles, Believed on in the world, Received up in glory.

(NRSV) Without any doubt, the mystery of our religion is great: He was revealed in flesh, vindicated in spirit, seen by angels, proclaimed among Gentiles, believed in throughout the world, taken up in glory.

(NRSVA) Without any doubt, the mystery of our religion is great: He was revealed in flesh, vindicated in spirit, seen by angels, proclaimed among Gentiles, believed in throughout the world, taken up in glory.

(TNIV) Beyond all question, the mystery from which true godliness springs is great: He appeared in a body, was vindicated by the Spirit, was seen by angels, was preached among the nations, was believed on in the world, was taken up in glory.

(YLT) and, confessedly, great is the secret of piety--God was manifested in flesh, declared righteous in spirit, seen by messengers, preached among nations, believed on in the world, taken up in glory!

Notice not ALL say God was sent in the flesh.
Rather than list other translations just ask me to check them. I've got a computer too.

keypurr

Rather than list other translations just ask me to check them. I've got a computer too.

I just want you to see that they differ and put in question what you have accepted BR. Truth will not be found in any single translation. I feel sorry of the KJV only folks.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I just want you to see that they differ and put in question what you have accepted BR. Truth will not be found in any single translation. I feel sorry of the KJV only folks.

Don't worry, I have about fifteen to twenty translations in my bookshelf.

keypurr

Pops....

However, when it comes to what scriptures states, and, as I have already shown, even Dr. Ehrman must confess that the Holy Bible mandates that Jesus is God.

Show me where he says that. I think, from his books, that he sees Christ as a form of God, not God. Just as I do. But then he changed his views because he can not see why a loving God turns away from all the bad things that happen. He lost his faith because he can not see the inner mind of the creator. Maybe he is over smart.

Apple7

Show me where he says that. I think, from his books, that he sees Christ as a form of God, not God. Just as I do. But then he changed his views because he can not see why a loving God turns away from all the bad things that happen. He lost his faith because he can not see the inner mind of the creator. Maybe he is over smart.

Get some stronger readers, pops...

bartehrman_100x100.jpg

Bart Ehrman January 7, 2013

I don’t have an informed view of the Jehovah’s Witnesses, although it’s true that Arians believed that Jesus was God but not that he was equal with God the Father or co-eternal with him. John 1:1 — I think the proper translation is “The Word was God.” (In this Gospel Jesus appears to be equal with God — here I disagree with the Arian view — but he is not *identical* with God, a major point I think.)

http://ehrmanblog.org/my-next-book/

Take heed....and learn when to keep your personal views separate from what scripture actually states.

keypurr

Pops....

He really have not shown anything worthwhile since you have been on TOL Apple7. I know you think you have but your wrong.

KingdomRose

Folks,

Look at how this JW still clings tenaciously to a 21 year old outdated and outmoded book as her gold reference standard!

Look at how she does the jitter-bug when she just discovered that her idol, Dr. Ehrman, now plainly, and irrefutably states that Jesus is God in John 1.1....!

:devil:

So you're saying that Dr. Ehrman's findings and opinions 21 years ago are no longer valid? I guess Galileo's observations that the earth orbits around the Sun are "out-dated and out-moded," right? Please.

:beanboy: