NFL 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Yep. Did Peyton do anything in this game ?
He did. It's an odd offense to watch him run though. He's gone from td machine to orchestrator...didn't help that he had seven in the hands drops from his wrs, stalling drives and leaving around sixty yards on the field.

He ended up with 21-37 for 222 and called the td play at the line. His stats should have been28-37 for around 280, but the Denver hands weren't that great today. Who knows why. But they better fix it before New England arrives.

"Peyton Manning won the game with "above-the-neck" play, Steelers players said. Combatted blitzes with checks into runs in the fourth quarter." Jeremy Fowler, ESPN Staff Writer

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Oh well........all I can do is tell myself thank goodness I don't live in Cleveland

I'll be rooting for your Patriots next week
Of course you will. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I was impressed by the Steelers effort out there, battling against so much. If they can get and stay healthy and keep gelling on defense, everyone should have them circled as a real contender for the whole shooting match next year.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That fumble was a real game-changer. Sure looked like Pittsburgh was heading toward victory until that happened.

Yep

In such a close game, that's all it took. It was the only turnover of the game

Both teams were banged up, especially the Steelers

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
NFL 2015

Of course you will. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I was impressed by the Steelers effort out there, battling against so much. If they can get and stay healthy and keep gelling on defense, everyone should have them circled as a real contender for the whole shooting match next year.

As much as I hate the Patriots, the older I get, the more I'm in awe of them

I was too young for the 60's Packers. I thought the 70's Steeler's were the greatest team ever, the 80's 49'ers were the greatest offensive team ever, and the 90's Cowboys were probably the most talented teams ever, but the 2001-2015 Patriots by far is the greatest run any franchise has ever had

As much as I hate to admit it, the current Patriots run is the greatest ever. I know I'll never see a dynasty like this again in my lifetime

IOW, your boy Peyton doesn't have a chance next week

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
NFL 2015

The Steelers were the first team in the Super Bowl era to play a postseason game without their leading rusher and leading receiver from the regular season.

Combine that with their QB having a sprained shoulder, and it's amazing they had the lead in the 4th quarter

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
As much as I hate the Patriots, the older I get, the more I'm in awe of them

I was too young for the 60's Packers. I thought the 70's Steeler's were the greatest team ever, the 80's 49'ers were the greatest offensive team ever, and the 90's Cowboys were probably the most talented teams ever, but the 2001-2015 Patriots by far is the greatest run any franchise has ever had
Great qb and coach that also benefitted from arguably the greatest clutch kicker in NFL history. Solid organization. I'm not sure that several of the old guard teams wouldn't have done as well with the fairly dramatic rules shift in favor of the offense. I know Montanna's teams would have been even scarier.

As much as I hate to admit it, the current Patriots run is the greatest ever. I know I'll never see a dynasty like this again in my lifetime
Supra. One of the best coach/qb combos ever, but I'm not ranking them with the Niners or Steelers of old. I think eventual HOF status will bear that out.

IOW, your boy Peyton doesn't have a chance next week
Who knows? But the moment I see "Peyton" in any sentence you write I stop paying attention to the conclusion. :eek:

brewmama

The Steelers were the first team in the Super Bowl era to play a postseason game without their leading rusher and leading receiver from the regular season.

Combine that with their QB having a sprained shoulder, and it's amazing they had the lead in the 4th quarter

Nah, that "sprained shoulder" was a total mislead.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Who knows? But the moment I see "Peyton" in any sentence you write I stop paying attention to the conclusion. :eek:

Well.....he won the game today with his brain, not his arm or legs.

Not to mention that his receivers dropped most of his passes.

Who knows, maybe ole Peyton can muster up one or two last heroic efforts, and ride off into the sunset like Elway and Bettis, now that he can't do another "one-and-done"

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Nah, that "sprained shoulder" was a total mislead.

Nah, it bothered him.

The Steelers played without their leading receiver, rusher, 2nd sting rusher, pro-Bowl center, and Big Ben wasn't 100%.

But.....that's just the way it goes sometimes.

The Patriots lost the 2008 season because Brady was hurt, and they lost a lot of games with Gronk out, but for the most part, they have had Brady healthy during their amazing run.

brewmama

Well.....he won the game today with his brain, not his arm or legs.

Not to mention that his receivers dropped most of his passes.

Who knows, maybe ole Peyton can muster up one or two last heroic efforts, and ride off into the sunset like Elway and Bettis, now that he can't do another "one-and-done"

I certainly hope so! We're debating on whether to go to the game next weekend or sell our tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.