What is Dispensationalism? (No biased answers)

heir

TOL Subscriber
I don't want to know if it is heretical in your view, I just want to know what the doctrine of dispensationalism is defined by. I know that it's popular in fundamentalist circles. I'll give you my definition of it here:

Basically God initiates salvation with different mediums of grace throughout different time periods. Each time the people refuse to live by or accept the grace of God, to which God then has to come up with a new way of saving people.

Am I right?
Jesus came unto His own and His own received Him not (John 1:11 KJV) They crucified the Lord, as they would have no man to rule over them, but Caesar (John 19:15 KJV). They did not believe that Jesus was the Christ, the Son of the living God. Only a little flock believed. They will sit on twelve thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel (Matthew 19:28 KJV) in the millennial kingdom.

The world was ripe for God's judgment and at the stoning of Stephen (the last straw-so to speak), rather than judgment coming (the wrath to come), God saved the chief of sinners (Acts 9, 1 Timothy 1:13-16 KJV), His biggest enemy (Galatians 1:11-16 KJV), and through His apostleship/his "office" (Romans 11:13 KJV, 1 Timothy 2:7 KJV, 2 Timothy 1:11 KJV) by the unscheduled appearance(s)/revelations from the risen, glorified Lord Jesus Christ to and through him God began a mystery body, time, gospel and eternal destination; an inheritance far above all heavens. You can read about it in the form of sound words of Romans through Philemon (2 Timothy 1:13 KJV).

Hope this helps.

Danoh

Why? Considering the portion of my comments which you quoted? Both the author of Hebrews and Paul tell us what is the will of Elohim and it is about cutting off sin from among our own "members" though many times it is explained through the allegories of the body which is the temple:

1Th 4:1 Furthermore then we beseech you, brethren, and exhort you by the Lord Jesus, that as ye have received of us how ye ought to walk and to please God, so ye would abound more and more.
1Th 4:2 For ye know what commandments we gave you by the Lord Jesus.
1Th 4:3 For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication:
1Th 4:4 That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour;
1Th 4:5 Not in the lust of concupiscence, even as the Gentiles which know not God:

Heb 10:35 Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward.
Heb 10:36 For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.
Heb 10:37 For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry.
Heb 10:38 Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.
Heb 10:39 But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

One cannot receive the Promise until AFTER having done the will of Elohim.
Why then silence the messenger if indeed you believe the above words? :)

Yo, daqq; you still post on that MJ forum?

How is everyone over there. Shalom:)

daqq

Thanks for the chuckle :)

One thing I will say of you Danoh, that is, I believe you, (and probably Heir) truly understand the reasoning behind why your doctrine has been decidedly concocted. But as for most of the others here that tow the same line or a similar line I do believe they simply like the sound of a free ride with no strings attached. :double chuckle: :)

daqq

Yo, daqq; you still post on that MJ forum?

How is everyone over there. Shalom:)

Lol, I have not posted there in quite sometime until just today. They mostly do not like me there either because like here most everyone sees all things according to the natural mind of the carnal man, (except maybe one or two there who are pretty much now also silenced).

Shalom to you too, in Messiah Yeshua. :)

Last edited:

Danoh

Jesus came unto His own and His own received Him not (John 1:11 KJV) They crucified the Lord, as they would have no man to rule over them, but Caesar (John 19:15 KJV). They did not believe that Jesus was the Christ, the Son of the living God. Only a little flock believed. They will sit on twelve thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel (Matthew 19:28 KJV) in the millennial kingdom.

The world was ripe for God's judgment and at the stoning of Stephen (the last straw-so to speak), rather than judgment coming (the wrath to come), God saved the chief of sinners (Acts 9, 1 Timothy 1:13-16 KJV), His biggest enemy (Galatians 1:11-16 KJV), and through His apostleship/his "office" (Romans 11:13 KJV, 1 Timothy 2:7 KJV, 2 Timothy 1:11 KJV) by the unscheduled appearance(s)/revelations from the risen, glorified Lord Jesus Christ to and through him God began a mystery body, time, gospel and eternal destination; an inheritance far above all heavens. You can read about it in the form of sound words of Romans through Philemon (2 Timothy 1:13 KJV).

Hope this helps.

Hah - I just knew you'd come along and outdo us all.

Great post, heir!

heir

TOL Subscriber
One thing I will say of you Danoh, that is, I believe you, (and probably Heir) truly understand the reasoning behind why your doctrine has been decidedly concocted. But as for most of the others here that tow the same line or a similar line I do believe they simply like the sound of a free ride with no strings attached. :double chuckle: :)
Elymas

HisServant

Its a word whose meaning has changed substantially after Darby misunderstood it and built his entire understanding of scripture around this misundersanding.

The greek/Hebrew words that dispensation comes from have to do with a task or stewardship, but does not infer a time period.

Classical Darby Dispensationalism denotes a period of time where God sets up rules for men to obey and at the end of the dispensation tests mankind and then changes how he deals with men according to mankind's choice. Basically, it makes God a servant of mankind.

Right Divider

Body part

Hope this helps.
:thumb:

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't want to know if it is heretical in your view, I just want to know what the doctrine of dispensationalism is defined by. I know that it's popular in fundamentalist circles.
Dispensational theology looks on the world and the history of mankind as a household over which God is superintending the outworking of his purpose and will. This outworking of his purpose and will can be seen by noting the various periods or stages of different economies whereby God deals with His work and mankind in particular. These various stages or economies are called dispensations. Their number include as many as seven: innocence, conscience, human government, promise, law, grace, and kingdom.

Compare and contrast Dispensationalism with Covenantalism:

http://faithbibleonline.net/MiscDoctrine/DispCov.htm

AMR

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Dispensation refers to mans relation to the celestial ministry of various Sons of God in standing throughout different ages. At the termination of one dispensation and the beginning of another there is typically a roll call of the sleeping survivors. Such a dispensational resurrection occurred upon the ascension of Jesus into heaven when he took a "mighty assembly" with him.

Danoh

Correct me If I'm off-base on this, but you hold; I forget which: either that Paul was a false Apostle, or that he taught Torah to the Body.

Of that the following is indeed, fitting...

"Study his bias leaves and makes his book thine eyes, " Love's Labour Lost, Act IV, Scene II, William Shakespeare, 1595.

Seekingtruth21

Dispensational theology looks on the world and the history of mankind as a household over which God is superintending the outworking of his purpose and will. This outworking of his purpose and will can be seen by noting the various periods or stages of different economies whereby God deals with His work and mankind in particular. These various stages or economies are called dispensations. Their number include as many as seven: innocence, conscience, human government, promise, law, grace, and kingdom.

AMR

Thank you sir.

Seekingtruth21

AMR
Based upon the chart I'm siding with the Covenant Theologians.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Dispensationalism is an umbrella term for beliefs ultimately resulting from breaking the Bible down into a collection of periods in which God manifests his will on Earth, usually with 'decoder' passages within to determine the rest.

That's the unbiased answer.

The biased answer is that it is an obnoxiously grand limitation of interpretation :rolleyes:

At least we can see why this Bozo was banned.

Right Divider

Body part

AMR
I've seen that "comparison" before and found it to be a completely biased smear-job (#1 is the dead give-away).

daqq

Bar-Jesus is Aramaic for "Son of Jesus". Elymas Bar-Jesus son of Jesus is a word sorcerer and an unclean false prophet spirit who claims that Jesus is his father and therefore equal to the heavenly Father. You are simply making false accusations out of a desire to murder-death-kill with words. :)

Correct me If I'm off-base on this, but you hold; I forget which: either that Paul was a false Apostle, or that he taught Torah to the Body.

Of that the following is indeed, fitting...

"Study his bias leaves and makes his book thine eyes, " Love's Labour Lost, Act IV, Scene II, William Shakespeare, 1595.

Why would I be quoting Paul all over the place if I do not believe him? I eat everything that the Master has set before me which surely includes the writings of Paul. In fact I love how Romans opens up like a hammer and immediately puts to rest the debate over exactly Who is the only One the disciples of Yeshua should be worshiping. :)