Are Glamour Models Immoral?

Status
Not open for further replies.

musterion

Do women who dress as discussed deserve* to be lusted after? Some women seem to be more offended at how most men respond to seeing such than they are at the potentially provocative clothing (or lack of clothing) itself, which has always struck me as odd.

*not sure what word would work better in this instance. This also has nothing to do with any interaction between men and women; it's about men's common reaction and many women's reaction to the men's reaction.

glorydaz

1 Corinthians 5:12-13 For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Do you not judge those who are within the church? But those who are outside, God judges.

That's quoting not twisting. Sorry the point makes you look like you reject Paul's words.

Paul is talking about two different kinds of judging there. God judges and will judge all unbelievers.....at the judgment seat, those outside the church.

Those in the church will not be judged at all, as we have already passed from death unto life. There is no condemnation for those IN CHRIST. Therefore, the "judging" we do is the discernment to put those evil people out of the assembly by recognizing those who CLAIM to be brothers. And, we are to judge all things (speaking of discernment like what is modest and immodest dress). You're simply not using any spiritual discernment with that text (because you have none) which is absolutely required when reading Paul.

Then provide us some examples of objectively modest dress.

Is a burka modest dress? Let's start there. Yes or no?

When a person has a conscience that has been purified by faith, they don't need a list of rules concerning modesty....dressing or actions. Modest apparel is all we need to know.

1 Timothy 2:9
In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;​

musterion

I certainly did, and you answered after a fashion...very much after a fashion in fact...

I'm just puzzled over your use of the word immoral. I can't even guess what moral would would mean to you, or indeed whether your use of it indicates an insincere question designed to create controversy. :confused:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I haven't been asking the question because I expect any of you to give examples of objectively modest dress, only to prove that you can't.

Here you go:

appropriateswimmingattire.jpg

glorydaz

So is having a profile pic of a model - who was wearing very little in classic playboy pose mode - not enough for you to comment on? Okay, you didn't see the pic but presuming those of us who had aren't actually making the thing up - would you berate CS for such 'deplorable imagery' and also...lies?

Or are you just going to chuckle at yourself a while longer?

I'm not chuckling at myself, Artie.
I'll leave you to guess who I am chuckling at. :chew:

I might "berate" him or I might just ignore him. I've seen lots of pics posted on this site that I don't personally approve of. Most times I simply mind my own business....or I might mention it's not fit for a Christian forum.

For what lies? He hasn't lied to me, and I certainly wouldn't trust a word you and Rusha said about him. You two have lied and twisted my words so much I'm left slack jawed at your audacity.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I'm not chuckling at myself, Artie.
I'll leave you to guess who I am chuckling at. :chew:

I might "berate" him or I might just ignore him. I've seen lots of pics posted on this site that I don't personally approve of. Most times I simply mind my own business....or I might mention it's not fit for a Christian forum.

For what lies? He hasn't lied to me, and I certainly wouldn't trust a word you and Rusha said about him. You two have lied and twisted my words so much I'm left slack jawed at your audacity.

Your natural look?:chuckle:

elohiym

Do women who dress as discussed deserve* to be lusted after? Some women seem to be more offended at how most men respond to seeing such than they are at the potentially provocative clothing (or lack of clothing) itself, which has always struck me as odd.

*not sure what word would work better in this instance. This also has nothing to do with any interaction between men and women; it's about men's common reaction and many women's reaction to the men's reaction.

The common reaction is not lust. Attraction is not lust, arousal is not lust. Coveting is what both Jesus and Paul meant by lust.

Matthew 5:28 but I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

Jesus is referring specifically to the commandment against coveting your neighbor's wife, making the point that it is committing adultery in your heart. The definition of the Greek word epithumeó is covet.

Romans 7:7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

To lust is to covet. The Greek word epithumia means covet.

glorydaz

In my world a woman who entices a man deserves equal retribution, if any. That would be enticed for enticing, not raped or murdered for enticing. Only in a horribly sick world is it rape for an eye instead of eye for eye, so what does that say about your world where a woman deserves to be raped for how she dresses? That's certainly not reaping what one sows.

So if a woman entices a man, then she should have to suffer by being enticed by some man? That's some payment for bad behavior....no doubt she'll be left crying for weeks on end.

:mock: elo

ClimateSanity

In my world a woman who entices a man deserves equal retribution, if any. That would be enticed for enticing, not raped or murdered for enticing. Only in a horribly sick world is it rape for an eye instead of eye for eye, so what does that say about your world where a woman deserves to be raped for how she dresses? That's certainly not reaping what one sows.

Equal retribution for enticement would be being made to believe a man loves her only to find out later he used her for sex and couldn't stand her company .

Sexual fraud in both cases.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No one should have to pay retribution for another person's lack of self control.

Even these scantily attired models who are mentioned in the OP. :shocked:

ClimateSanity

I didn't look, and I have no interest in what you find "stunning". I remember when some people got upset about it way back when, but I just rolled on by like I do lots of things like that. I don't consider the actions of people on this forum to be topics of discussion unless I'm lied to or drawn into it through the subject of what is being discussed (as a topic - not as gossip).

And, it isn't whether I'm okay with something or not. There are certain things that are so obviously wrong and immoral that I feel I can freely comment on them, so I do. Biblical principles are concrete facts...not subjective speculation, and therefore are to be held to. I hold to those.

Thank you for not contributing to that circus or lynching. I was proud to have that girlfriend and her style of dress was no ones business.

She lives in crimea and she was exiled in Moscow on business for those in Russia for the sochi Olympics. She was stuck there during the invasion of Ukraine and due to complications of being annexed by Russia, making a life with her in the states was not feasible, especially considering my own circumstances.

She dressed in a style that was not modest but strictly for magazines. I don't condone it but I temporarily accepted it due to her poverty.

This is nothing in comparison to what goes on in America.

WizardofOz

If glamour models are immoral then cheerleaders likely are, swimmers and perhaps ballet dancers...

What about men and women who pose in undergarments in Sears catalogues...?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Thank you for not contributing to that circus or lynching. I was proud to have that girlfriend and her style of dress was no ones business.

When something is posted on this board, people respond. BTW, it isn't as much about her dress as it was about your double standard.

She lives in crimea and she was exiled in Moscow on business for those in Russia for the sochi Olympics. She was stuck there during the invasion of Ukraine and due to complications of being annexed by Russia, making a life with her in the states was not feasible, especially considering my own circumstances.

Right.

She dressed in a style that was not modest but strictly for magazines. I don't condone it but I temporarily accepted it due to her poverty.

So do strippers ... who you say deserve to be raped. Guess who works in fields to stay out of poverty as well. That's right. Strippers.

You are a walking, talking contradiction in regards to how you willingly accept your *girlfriend* dressing to intentionally entice men while you bash others for the same and go on to say they deserve to be raped.

This is nothing in comparison to what goes on in America.

Sigh. One of the most wonderful thing about America is that is that rape is still illegal and most people (at least the decent one's) do not see strippers or scantily dressed models as being deserving of rape.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If glamour models are immoral then cheerleaders likely are, swimmers and perhaps ballet dancers...

What about men and women who pose in undergarments in Sears catalogues...?

What about those intentionally going out of their way to view them?

Status
Not open for further replies.