User Tag List

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 368

Thread: ARCHIVE: Hello. (funniest "hello" thread ever!)

  1. #76
    Friendly Neighborhood Admin Turbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,316
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    1015
    Quote Originally Posted by Clete
    You focused on a technical definition of the term sodomy with the specific intent of diverting the focus of the discussion which has never strayed from the topic of homosexuality.
    "Fnord is the typographic representation of disinformation or irrelevant information intending to misdirect, with the implication of a conspiracy."

  2. #77
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    47
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo
    "Fnord is the typographic representation of disinformation or irrelevant information intending to misdirect, with the implication of a conspiracy."
    If you had read the subsequent posts, it was in fact Clete that attempted to misdirect.

  3. #78
    Journeyman Minerva's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    249
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo
    "Fnord is the typographic representation of disinformation or irrelevant information intending to misdirect, with the implication of a conspiracy."
    I read the info in the link.....uh....strange, yeah....very strange...
    THE PEOPLE AT TOL ARE GREAT!

    "If you admit you're dumb, you might just be smarter than I thought!" - A M!nerva original

    I won't insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said.

    If a cannibal used a knife and fork, would you call that progress?

  4. #79
    TOL Legend Clete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Seated in the heavenly places at God's right hand, in Him!
    Posts
    8,058
    Thanks
    238
    Thanked 3,012 Times in 1,951 Posts

    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147739
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo
    "Fnord is the typographic representation of disinformation or irrelevant information intending to misdirect, with the implication of a conspiracy."
    Now that is just amazing.

    Now I really feel like I wasted my time with this nut who thinks that every law on the books was rewritten when we declared independence from England, that sodomy laws never had anything to do with homosexuals, and that a 1967 act of Congress repealed laws which did not exist and who claims victory because I have been unable to find a specific reference to a 250+ year old enactment of a specific law as though such a specific law would be relevant to the debate in the first place.

    Wow! Well, if it wasn't substantive, it was at least mildly entertaining. I never saw someone claim to have majored in logic before.

    Resting in Him,
    Clete
    "The [open view] is an attempt to provide a more Biblically faithful, rationally coherent, and practically satisfying account of God and the divine-human relationship..." - Dr. John Sanders

  5. #80
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Clete
    Then everything which is good, whether made by art or nature, or both, is least liable to suffer change from without?

    True.

    But surely God and the things of God are in every way perfect?

    Of course they are.
    Im sorry if this steps on too many toes, being only my second post and all, but that is the most retarded statement I have read in a while.

    God made man in his own image.

    Man is the cause for much suffering and misery.

    If the things of God, and God himself were perfect, then there would be no suffering.

    And also, if God is perfect, then why did he have to resort to plagues?

    Although your argument may or may not be solid, that point there is just rediculous, and simply illogical.

  6. #81
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    47
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by Clete
    Now that is just amazing.

    Now I really feel like I wasted my time with this nut who thinks that every law on the books was rewritten when we declared independence from England, that sodomy laws never had anything to do with homosexuals, and that a 1967 act of Congress repealed laws which did not exist and who claims victory because I have been unable to find a specific reference to a 250+ year old enactment of a specific law as though such a specific law would be relevant to the debate in the first place.

    Wow! Well, if it wasn't substantive, it was at least mildly entertaining. I never saw someone claim to have majored in logic before.

    Resting in Him,
    Clete
    I never claimed victory. I claim that the discussion cannot continue along your line of thought without proof backing it up.

    And, if you wish to judge me based on a screen name, on that has been in every screen name I have ever had, dating back to 1994, go ahead, you just show your ignorance.

  7. #82
    Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    15,375
    Thanks
    120
    Thanked 7,768 Times in 6,101 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147795
    Funniest. Thread. Ever.
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    When the world is a monster
    Bad to swallow you whole
    Kick the clay that holds the teeth in
    Throw your trolls out the door

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.


  8. #83
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    and to think Fnord has been made a moderator on my home forum

  9. #84
    Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    15,375
    Thanks
    120
    Thanked 7,768 Times in 6,101 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147795
    Quote Originally Posted by George_Berry
    and to think Fnord has been made a moderator on my home forum
    Oh .. well ... perhaps he will soon be one of the IncapableAdmins on here too ...
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    When the world is a monster
    Bad to swallow you whole
    Kick the clay that holds the teeth in
    Throw your trolls out the door

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.


  10. #85
    Over 1000 post club JoyfulRook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,353
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    182
    I hate to say it, but Fnord got torn apart in his own "Hello" thread....
    "I maintain my pride in the face of men, but I abandon it before God, who drew me out of nothingness to make me what I am." - The Count of Monte Cristo

  11. #86
    Trainee Pharisees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by George_Berry
    Im sorry if this steps on too many toes, being only my second post and all, but that is the most retarded statement I have read in a while.

    God made man in his own image.

    Man is the cause for much suffering and misery.

    If the things of God, and God himself were perfect, then there would be no suffering.

    And also, if God is perfect, then why did he have to resort to plagues?

    Although your argument may or may not be solid, that point there is just rediculous, and simply illogical.
    Clete was quoting Plato in that post, someone your boy referred to as being an atheist. Those were not thoughts of Clete. Welcome to TOL and try to keep up.
    No, I never went to Bible College, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night...

  12. #87
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharisees
    Clete was quoting Plato in that post, someone your boy referred to as being an atheist. Those were not thoughts of Clete. Welcome to TOL and try to keep up.
    Oh, you got me there. Oh well. Better luck next time I guess.

  13. #88
    TOL Legend Clete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Seated in the heavenly places at God's right hand, in Him!
    Posts
    8,058
    Thanks
    238
    Thanked 3,012 Times in 1,951 Posts

    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147739
    Quote Originally Posted by George_Berry
    Im sorry if this steps on too many toes, being only my second post and all, but that is the most retarded statement I have read in a while.

    God made man in his own image.

    Man is the cause for much suffering and misery.

    If the things of God, and God himself were perfect, then there would be no suffering.

    And also, if God is perfect, then why did he have to resort to plagues?

    Although your argument may or may not be solid, that point there is just rediculous, and simply illogical.
    As Pharisees just pointed out these were not my thoughts but those of Plato. The only reason I quoted them was because Fnord said that Plato was an atheist, which he most definitely was not.

    Having said that, however, I would say that you should be credited for some very good thinking! Most people think that Plato's Republic (from which the quote came) is some of the greatest thinking ever conceived within a human mind. I agree with you that Plato, while clearly brilliant, was entirely wrong with this line of thinking. The idea that the perfect can only change for the worse would only apply to inanimate objects and that's assuming that an inanimate object can be perfect in the first place.

    The worst part about this terrible line of thinking is that it is the very line of thinking that was introduced into the Christian faith by Augustine and has wrongfully influenced Christian theology ever since. Basically speaking, if you believe that God is immutable and/or that because He is immutable that the future is therefore set in place, this bit of Aristotelian philosophy presented by Plato is the reason why.

    Resting in Him,
    Clete
    "The [open view] is an attempt to provide a more Biblically faithful, rationally coherent, and practically satisfying account of God and the divine-human relationship..." - Dr. John Sanders

  14. #89
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    thankyou, its only my first day but I quite like it here. There are some very interesting (and outlandish) points of view here, and I hope it to be a learning experience, even if I have to be put down a peg or two every now and then.

  15. #90
    Over 500 post club Real Sorceror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Florida, where people go to die
    Posts
    541
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    148
    Wow, Fnord, I've never seen anyone get that chewed up in their Welcome thread before.
    They must really like you.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us