ECT They can't be the same

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm pretty sure she wouldn't consider that question off topic here. We'll see.

She couldn't handle it when Danoh started talking about Darby, O'Hare, and Bullinger in one of her theology club threads.

I can guarantee you, she won't like me talking about Darby.

john w

Hall of Fame
She couldn't handle it when Danoh started talking about Darby, O'Hare, and Bullinger in one of her theology club threads.

I can guarantee you, she won't like me talking about Darby.

You won't do it.

spineless.gif

Get a job.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Exactly. Paul taught some nice to know stuff but basically his teachings are not essential to salvation.
The gospel that is the power of God to save you is Paul's gospel declared in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV!

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Romans 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Romans 16:26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

1 Thessalonians 3:2 And sent Timotheus, our brother, and minister of God, and our fellowlabourer in the gospel of Christ, to establish you, and to comfort you concerning your faith:

You need to change your mind about Paul's gospel because God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to it!

Romans 2:16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

If there's never been a moment in your life when you trusted the Lord believing IT, you are outside the faith (2 Corinthians 13:5 KJV) and are also in NO POSITION to be talking about what is essential for salvation or not as you believe not the glorious gospel of Christ (2 Corinthians 4:3-4 KJV) that is the power of God to save!

heir

TOL Subscriber
Exactly. Paul taught some nice to know stuff but basically his teachings are not essential to salvation. A lot of people were saved by grace through faith before Paul was even born.
And if you ever do get the blinders off and are saved to the acknowledging of the truth (2 Timothy 2:24-26 KJV) of the gospel (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) you will be rewarded or suffer loss for how you built upon the foundation a wise masterbuilder Paul laid (1 Corinthians 3:10-15 KJV). God's will is that all men be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth (1 Timothy 2:4 KJV). Receive the gift (Romans 6:23 KJV, Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV) and 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV!

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The gospel that is the power of God to save you is Paul's gospel declared in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV!

That's not what Paul said.

(Rom 10:9 KJV) That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Why don't you believe what Paul said, and why don't you believe the King James Bible?

Daniel1769

What's all this "Paul's gospel?" I never saw that phrase in the Bible. I only saw "the Gospel" in the Bible. THE Gospel. Singular.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.
(Acts 4:12 NKJV)​

That includes the name of Paul. Paul's gospel has confused more than one person. Nothing in Paul's gospel is essential for salvation.

And the Lord will deliver me from every evil work and preserve me for His heavenly kingdom. To Him be glory forever and ever.
(2 Timothy 4:18 NKJV)​

Paul aspired to enter God's kingdom.

Right Divider

Body part
What's all this "Paul's gospel?" I never saw that phrase in the Bible. I only saw "the Gospel" in the Bible. THE Gospel. Singular.
Get a real Bible then.
Rom 2:16 KJV In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

Rom 16:25 KJV Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

2Ti 2:8 KJV Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel:

Gal 2:2 KJV And I went up by revelation, and communicated unto them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to them which were of reputation, lest by any means I should run, or had run, in vain.

musterion

Get a real Bible then.
Rom 2:16 KJV In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

Rom 16:25 KJV Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

2Ti 2:8 KJV Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel:

Gal 2:2 KJV And I went up by revelation, and communicated unto them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to them which were of reputation, lest by any means I should run, or had run, in vain.

__Yeah_that___emoticon_by_dash1988.gif

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Get a real Bible then.

(Acts 25:26 KJV) Of whom I have no certain thing to write unto my lord. Wherefore I have brought him forth before you, and specially before thee, O king Agrippa, that, after examination had, I might have somewhat to write.

(Phil 3:8 KJV) Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

As we see, the Apostle Paul used the phrase "my Lord" ONE TIME more than he used the term "my gospel".

Does that mean Paul had a different Lord than Peter?

MAD is a mess.​

Right Divider

Body part
(Acts 25:26 KJV) Of whom I have no certain thing to write unto my lord. Wherefore I have brought him forth before you, and specially before thee, O king Agrippa, that, after examination had, I might have somewhat to write.

(Phil 3:8 KJV) Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

As we see, the Apostle Paul used the phrase "my Lord" ONE TIME more than he used the term "my gospel".

Does that mean Paul had a different Lord than Peter?

MAD is a mess.
Your "logic" is again that of an illogical little brat.

Please start a new thread and explain to us WHY in the world would Paul use a phrase like "that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles" if it was "THE gospel"?

And, NO, Paul was not "checking his gospel".

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Your "logic" is again that of an illogical little brat.

Please start a new thread and explain to us WHY in the world would Paul use a phrase like "that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles" if it was "THE gospel"?

And, NO, Paul was not "checking his gospel".

Did Paul have a different Lord than Peter?

If not, then why did Paul say "my Lord"?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You sure like to ask your "loaded" questions, Tellmorelies. Why don't you answer mine first?

You do know Paul used the phrase "our gospel" 3 times in the KJV?

How do you think that lines up with what Paul said in Rom 4:1?

(Rom 4:1 KJV) What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found?

When Paul said "our gospel", was it the same "our" as when Paul said "Abraham our father"?

Right Divider

Body part
You do know Paul used the phrase "our gospel" 3 times in the KJV?

How do you think that lines up with what Paul said in Rom 4:1?

(Rom 4:1 KJV) What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found?

When Paul said "our gospel", was it the same "our" as when Paul said "Abraham our father"?
Such total reading comprehension problems, get help immediately!

I'm really surprised that you didn't DOT DOT DOT that one out.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.
(Acts 4:12 NKJV)​
As with all scripture, Acts 4:12 KJV is true, but people today are not of that "we" (Acts 4:6 KJV, Acts 4:10 KJV). The only way for you (or anyone else today) to be identified with Him is to trust Him believing the gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) and the Spirit will identify you into the one Body (1 Corinthians 12:13 KJV).

Ephesians 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Such total reading comprehension problems, get help immediately!

I'm really surprised that you didn't DOT DOT DOT that one out.

Apparently you didn't get the point of my post.

Paul was writing to the Romans. These Romans were in Christ before Paul was.

Paul said these Romans were Gentiles:

(Rom 1:6) And you also are among those Gentiles who are called to belong to Jesus Christ.

How were these Romans Gentiles, and at the same time descendants of Abraham according to the flesh.

If you understood this, you wouldn't be so confused.