Will Rogers/Donald Trump: Times Have Changed!

northwye

There are regional and individual state differences in the legislatures and governors of the states. In a very general way, the states of the Old South and the Great Planes are more likely to assert more independence from the federal government, though some states that were Confederate like Virginia, may not be as independent. California, New York and some of the states of New England probably will never become independent of the feds. And you cant tell how some of the states of the Upper Midwest might go, if leaders emerge who would lead a restoration of the 10th Amendment.

PureX

There are regional and individual state differences in the legislatures and governors of the states. In a very general way, the states of the Old South and the Great Planes are more likely to assert more independence from the federal government, though some states that were Confederate like Virginia, may not be as independent. California, New York and some of the states of New England probably will never become independent of the feds. And you cant tell how some of the states of the Upper Midwest might go, if leaders emerge who would lead a restoration of the 10th Amendment.
That doesn't make any real difference, as all of them are controlled by the wealthy special interests that put the politicians in office. They will pass all sorts of idiotic laws allowing the abuse of your favorite local social scapegoats, and they'll promote all sorts of demonstrations of bias and bigotry and moronic self-righteousness of the type the people in your state favor, and all the while they will continue to rob you all blind, until the whole country finally collapses. Because it'll be happening in every state.

quip

BANNED
Banned

That was a completely unnecessary tautological proclamation. The pronouncement of "I" presupposes "I's" existence. Many philosophers have questioned the verity of that very presupposition.

Though, it seems we're both digressing here.

bybee

That was a completely unnecessary tautological proclamation. The pronouncement of "I" presupposes "I's" existence. Many philosophers have questioned the verity of that very presupposition.

Though, it seems we're both digressing here.

I enjoy digressions.
Are you suggesting that many philosophers doubt their own existence?

quip

BANNED
Banned
I enjoy digressions.
Are you suggesting that many philosophers doubt their own existence?

Why yes they do.

There's even been religions premised upon the illusory nature of that persistently presumed, self-evident proposition.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
yeah, I was wondering about that too - thought you made a good point :idunno:

What? pointing out Granite posted something pointless & weak without an explanation of what he was getting at, just for being vague's sake? Par for the course I would say but, thanks anyway...:thumb:

PureX

giphy.gif