User Tag List

Page 1 of 25 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: ARCHIVE: Hello. (funniest "hello" thread ever!)

Rookie
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ARCHIVE: Hello. (funniest "hello" thread ever!)

Hi there, I am quite new here, but I hope that I can quickly fit in. I am pro choice, pro gun, pro homosexual marriage rights, anti affirmative action, pro war in Iraq, I think fundamentalist Christians are on par with Islamic extremists.

If you are thinking, wow this N00b is just here to troll and get a rise out of us, go on thinking that, but I will debate and prove any claim I make.

I abhor close minded people, but if you are willing to listen, you might learn something.

Fnord5

Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 719 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fnord5
    I abhor close minded people
    Do you abhor yourself?
    Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
    TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

Download the new TOL app for iPhone, iPad, and Android...

Rookie
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight
    Do you abhor yourself?
    I am not close minded, I am open to all trains of thought.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why are you pro homosexual marriage rights?

Are you any good at logic?

Rookie
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SUTG
    Why are you pro homosexual marriage rights?

Are you any good at logic?
    Quite, I was majoring in it for a while.

Pro homosexual marriage rights for several reasons.
    First, the US declaration if independence:
    "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness."
    That means that EVERYONE has the same rights, regardless. (Felons and non citizens excluded)

Second, I believe that the government should be kept as small as possible. I do not think that they have any place telling anyone who they can, or cannot marry.

Third, economic and social benefit for everyone. Lowered tax burden, reduced rates on insurance, the ability to act as a spouse in medical situations, and a reduces stigma attached to homosexuals.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quite, I was majoring in it for a while.

Pro homosexual marriage rights for several reasons.
    That means that EVERYONE has the same rights, regardless. (Felons and non citizens excluded)

Second, I believe that the government should be kept as small as possible. I do not think that they have any place telling anyone who they can, or cannot marry.

Third, economic and social benefit for everyone. Lowered tax burden, reduced rates on insurance, the ability to act as a spouse in medical situations, and a reduces stigma attached to homosexuals.
    Based on your logic for supporting gay marriage, I am curious....

Which of the following do you also support...... (and if not..... why?)

- Polygamy
    - Incestual marriage
    - Bestiality based marriage
    - Pedophilia based marriages

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My post contained a hidden logic test. You were in the 10% who pass the test. Congratulations.

Also, how does one "major in logic"? Were you studing in a philosophy department or a mathematics department?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another pervert.
    grace & peace

Journeyman
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SUTG
    My post contained a hidden logic test. You were in the 10% who pass the test. Congratulations.
    Rrriiiightt!
    God invented distortion to use on really cool guitars!!
    Suffering is Gods megaphone to a deaf world! C.S Lewis

Let all that I am praise the Lord; with my whole heart, I will praise his holy name. Let all that I am praise the Lord; may I never forget the good things he does for me. He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases. He redeems me from death and crowns me with love and tender mercies. He fills my life with good things. My youth is renewed like the eagle’s!

Rookie
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Based on your logic for supporting gay marriage, I am curious....

Which of the following do you also support...... (and if not..... why?)

- Polygamy
    - Incestuous marriagefixed it for you
    - Bestiality based marriage
    - Pedophilia based marriages
    I support none of those.

Polygamy for the reason that a marriage is a union between two people, not multiple. There would be no benefit for society as a whole, and in fact the bureaucracy of changing all forms, legal precedents, old convictions would need to be turned over(ex post facto only works one way)would cost an astronomical amount. It would be a mess. Nothing would really change if same sex marriage were to be made official.

Incestuous for the reason of genetic defects are greatly increased, and for humanity to survive, there needs to be gene diversity. Government forms would also need to be changed to include any possible combination of relation relation union. (Don't even try and get into the "homosexuals can't reproduce" debate, yet, that will come)

Bestiality, that is really a no brainer, marriage is between two people. Also, there cannot possibly a mutual love or respect of the type marriage commands, as one is an animal, that is not self aware, or able to communicate on the same level, and the other is sentient.

Pedophilia, again, a no brainer. Children are incapable of making rational decisions until after puberty is complete. Legally, no person under the age of 18(with rare exception) are able to enter into any binding contract. This includes marriage. The exceptions to this are the Delayed Entry program for the military, where a 17 year old can sign a contract that is binding to enter the military upon turning 18 and finishing school. Attending school is another contract that is binding to a minor, although that is not one signed by them, but legislated.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky
    Another pervert.
    Hardly, although you just brilliantly provided an example of a close mind.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hardly, although you just brilliantly provided an example of a close mind.
    Shouldn't you be open minded to the fact that you just might be a pervert? That's kind of closed minded of you to make such a definite statement.
    "I believe in Christianity, as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis

"Don't believe that there's nothing that's true, don't believe in this modern machine." Switchfoot

Rookie
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySmiley
    Shouldn't you be open minded to the fact that you just might be a pervert? That's kind of closed minded of you to make such a definite statement.
    LOL, I have, in the past examined that part of myself, and have come to the conclusion that I am not.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I support none of those.

Polygamy for the reason that a marriage is a union between two people, not multiple. There would be no benefit for society as a whole, and in fact the bureaucracy of changing all forms, legal precedents, old convictions would need to be turned over(ex post facto only works one way)would cost an astronomical amount. It would be a mess. Nothing would really change if same sex marriage were to be made official.

Incestuous for the reason of genetic defects are greatly increased, and for humanity to survive, there needs to be gene diversity. Government forms would also need to be changed to include any possible combination of relation relation union. (Don't even try and get into the "homosexuals can't reproduce" debate, yet, that will come)

Bestiality, that is really a no brainer, marriage is between two people. Also, there cannot possibly a mutual love or respect of the type marriage commands, as one is an animal, that is not self aware, or able to communicate on the same level, and the other is sentient.

Pedophilia, again, a no brainer. Children are incapable of making rational decisions until after puberty is complete. Legally, no person under the age of 18(with rare exception) are able to enter into any binding contract. This includes marriage. The exceptions to this are the Delayed Entry program for the military, where a 17 year old can sign a contract that is binding to enter the military upon turning 18 and finishing school. Attending school is another contract that is binding to a minor, although that is not one signed by them, but legislated.
    OK, so based on your response lets revise your earlier reasons for support of gay marriage....

Rookie
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, so based on your response lets revise your earlier reasons for support of gay marriage....
    Nice try.
    That means that EVERYONE has the same rights, regardless. (Felons and non citizens excluded)OK, but same rights means marriage, a union between TWO people, the definition is two, not 9, 3 or 12.

Operative word is WHO, animals are not a who, they are a thing. And, children are incapable of making that kind of decision. The incest thing is a matter of national health, an arena where the government does belong.

Third, economic and social benefit for everyone. Lowered tax burden, reduced rates on insurance, the ability to act as a spouse in medical situations, and a reduces stigma attached to homosexuals. Not too sure what your point was in the parts you struck out, please elaborate.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I abhor close minded people, but if you are willing to listen, you might learn something.

Fnord5
    That seems very close minded, arrogant, and judgemental.

Anyway, Welcome to TOL, !
    "I maintain my pride in the face of men, but I abandon it before God, who drew me out of nothingness to make me what I am." - The Count of Monte Cristo

Thread Information