ECT MADists don't follow Paul

whitestone

Acts 12 didn't come before Acts 9

Acts 9:26 was in 34AD

Acts 12:26 was 44AD.

The Apostles didn't trust Paul in 34AD.

I had to be between 42AD and 56AD that John told Paul about the revelation given to him while on Patmos.

Of course, that's why Paul tells about it in 2 Cor 12

Acts 12:26 gives you an "earmark in time" in aspect to the events taking place in Acts. So if Herod died in ad44 in acts 12:26 then Acts 9 is before that point in time ,,,, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herod_Agrippa

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Acts 12:26 gives you an "earmark in time" in aspect to the events taking place in Acts. So if Herod died in ad44 in acts 12:26 then Acts 9 is before that point in time ,,,,

Which is what I said.

Acts 9 took place in 34AD

34AD is before 44AD

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
MADists claim to be followers of Paul.

They claim Paul was given his very own gospel (different than the one Peter taught) by the ascended Lord Jesus Christ.

No one is disputing that Paul was taught by the ascended Lord Jesus Christ, the dispute is whether or not is was a different gospel than the one Peter taught.

Paul did the following right after he began preaching his gospel to the Gentiles:

(Gal 2:2) I went in response to a revelation and, meeting privately with those esteemed as leaders, I presented to them the gospel that I preach among the Gentiles. I wanted to be sure I was not running and had not been running my race in vain.

Why did Paul go back to Jerusalem and meet in private with the leaders in Jerusalem to see if what he was preaching to the Gentiles was in vain or not?

How would these leaders (who MAD claim were in the "kingdom program"), know if the gospel Paul preached was correct or not?

MAD's claim that Paul preached a different gospel is incorrect.

Not an honest question.

No answer would suffice for him even if Jesus Christ Himself came down from heaven to give it to him.

The correct question is why in the world would Paul need to go to the Twelve if his gospel WASN'T different! If everyone is preaching the same thing, where's the need to have a big conference about it?

An even better question would be to ask why Paul was needed at all! A question no one but a Mid Acts Dispensationalist can answer with any coherency. Most others don't even attempt to answer it.

Right Divider

Body part
Towards the end of Paul's life, Paul, in his last epistle, said the following about Asia Minor:

(2 Tim 1:15) You know that everyone in the province of Asia has deserted me, including Phygelus and Hermogenes.

2 Timothy was probably written around 65-67AD

So, this tells us there were no churches in Asia Minor.
It does NOT "tell us that there were no churches in Asia Minor"; it tells us that they ALL rejected Paul, like you.

At least you're consistent with your illogical thoughts.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
An even better question would be to ask why Paul was needed at all! A question no one but a Mid Acts Dispensationalist can answer with any coherency. Most others don't even attempt to answer it.

IMO:

God wanted a Jew who knew the OT really well. Paul was a Pharisee, therefore, Paul knew the OT really well. This helped when Paul went to the Jew first, conversed with rabbis, and preached in the synagogues.

God wanted someone who was murdering the first Christians to show that in Paul first (as a pattern), God's grace in the New Covenant was so great, that even a horrible terrible sinner who persecuted those "in Christ" could be saved, and given the grace of God in this New Covenant.

The 12 were fisherman, and unlearned men of other occupations. Most of them probably couldn't even read or write.

Paul was a Roman citizen, a Pharisee, a Jew from the tribe of Benjamin, a very educated man, very familiar with Hellenism, and a murderer.

Paul was the perfect minister of the New Covenant.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
IMO:

God wanted a Jew who knew the OT really well. Paul was a Pharisee, therefore, Paul knew the OT really well. This helped when Paul went to the Jew first, conversed with rabbis, and preached in the synagogues.
So the Twelve didn't know the OT really well?

Jesus must have been a lousy teacher! Oh and lets not forget the indwelling of the Holy Spirit! That was probably a dud too!

God wanted someone who was murdering the first Christians to show that in Paul first (as a pattern), God's grace in the New Covenant was so great, that even a horrible terrible sinner who persecuted those "in Christ" could be saved, and given the grace of God in this New Covenant.
So Saul's status as a murderer elevated his resume above that of any of the Twelve Apostles? Is that really what you're suggesting?

The 12 were fisherman, and unlearned men of other occupations. Most of them probably couldn't even read or write.
There's these new books they've found. I don't know if you've heard of them before but they've started including them in most bibles. They're short little books, letters really, written way back in the first century by Matthew, Mark, John and Peter. You'll find them near the end of your bible in what we Christians refer to as the New Testament.

Paul was a Roman citizen, a Pharisee, a Jew from the tribe of Benjamin, a very educated man, very familiar with Hellenism, and a murderer.

Paul was the perfect minister of the New Covenant.
God is no respecter of persons, tetelestai! You don't have to have appropriate life experience to qualify, all you need be is willing. Nothing about Paul made him any better a candidate to preach the gospel than any one of the twelve Apostles. The only reason to go with a new Apostle would have been a change to a new gospel message. Otherwise, if Paul was such a perfect candidate such that no better candidate could have been found, God would have called him as one of the Twelve to begin with.

Resting in Him,
Clete

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So the Twelve didn't know the OT really well?

No, they didn't

Jesus must have been a lousy teacher! Oh and lets not forget the indwelling of the Holy Spirit! That was probably a dud too!

Jesus didn't teach the old testament, nor did John the Baptist, nor the 12, nor the Holy Spirit.

(Luke 16:16) The Law and the Prophets were proclaimed until John....

So Saul's status as a murderer elevated his resume above that of any of the Twelve Apostles? Is that really what you're suggesting?

Paul being a murderer was just one of Paul's attributes for being a minister of the New Covenant.

There's these new books they've found. I don't know if you've heard of them before but they've started including them in most bibles. They're short little books, letters really, written way back in the first century by Matthew, Mark, John and Peter.

You might want to read them sometime. You won't find anyone preaching the old testament in them. They were preaching the good news of the kingdom of God.

(Luke 16:16) .....Since that time, the good news of the kingdom of God is being preached, and everyone is forcing their way into it.

You'll find them near the end of your bible in what we Christians refer to as the New Testament.

You must have a different Bible than the one I have. The one I have has those books at the beginning of the New Testament, and mine has a book called Luke instead of Peter.

God is no respecter of persons, tetelestai!

Yet, you claim God still has a plan for Jews according to the flesh.

Nothing about Paul made him any better a candidate to preach the gospel than any one of the twelve Apostles.

Not true. None of the others were Roman citizens, Pharisees, or murderers.
The only reason to go with a new Apostle would have been a change to a new gospel message.

Paul was a minister of the New Covenant.

(2 Cor 3:6) He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant--not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Otherwise, if Paul was such a perfect candidate such that no better candidate could have been found, God would have called him as one of the Twelve to begin with.

Then he wouldn't have been a murderer, and in Paul first, we would have no pattern

Right Divider

Body part
No, they didn't

Jesus didn't teach the old testament, nor did John the Baptist, or the 12:

(Luke 16:16) The Law and the Prophets were proclaimed until John....
You just love to take your FEW verses OUT OF CONTEXT and make the WHOLE Bible bow before them.

Look at the wider picture than just your ... chopped text.
Luk 16:14-18 KJV And the Pharisees also, who were covetous, heard all these things: and they derided him. (15) And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God. (16) The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it. (17) And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail. (18) Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from her husband committeth adultery.
Does this look like something that is NOT OT Law?

john w

Hall of Fame

Jesus didn't teach the old testament, nor did John the Baptist, or the 12:

Satanic assertion of his-that the Lord Jesus Christ did not teach the law. We've picked him apart on this, over and over again, but the punk still does his "one verse/2 verse" pony act(including his Luke 16:16 "trump," which does not mean, what his father the devil taught him it means), in attempt to prove this. Others have embarrassed him on his satanic "interpretation."

He will not address these questions, below-I've asked him over 100 times. And listen, punk Craigie: We/I will not put up with your rabbit trails, evasion, spin, dodge ball...Tell us:

-Who taught the law, in the OT, to the children of Israel?
-Who taught the law, in Matthew-John, which was OC, prior to the dbr?
-Who taught the "early Acts" believers, to adhere to the law, including the feasts, "the appointed feasts," such as Pentecost?
-Who taught the OC/"Old Testament,"from the cross, until AD 70, since you say that the OC did not end until AD 70-"transition period...God did not flip a lightswitch"?
-Who taught the law to Paul, the Galatians.............per:

Galatians 3:24 KJV Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

Josephus? Wikipedia?
-The Lord Jesus Christ spoke only the words of God the Father(as all prophets did-God's spokesman)-he taught the Savior, what to say. Go on record, and assert that God the Father did not teach him to teach the law.
-Tell us why the Lord Jesus Christ kept the law, a law, that He never taught. Go ahead.

john w

Hall of Fame
You just love to take your FEW verses OUT OF CONTEXT and make the WHOLE Bible bow before them.

Look at the wider picture than just your ... chopped text.
Luk 16:14-18 KJV And the Pharisees also, who were covetous, heard all these things: and they derided him. (15) And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God. (16) The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it. (17) And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail. (18) Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from her husband committeth adultery.
Does this look like something that is NOT OT Law?

The Preterist punk, asserts that the Lord Jesus Christ did not teach the law. All of TOL needs to know about Craigie's satanic "doctrine."